Where to copy World of Warcraft to

So I had to reinstall my windows vista, and WoW is deep within a folder that the OS made, named Windows.Old. This folder contains all of my old programs and other files. I want to move WoW somewhere in My New OS, so that i can delete the Windows.Old file and start everything new.

Where is the best place to copy it to? Progam Files? Somewhere in the Public Users file? Help Please

Deleted
    Just do what I do, create a Games folder in the root and toss it there. Or if WoW is the only game you play, just throw it into the root.

Ok cool, I'll try this. Thanks!

Very much doubt it'll work... but good luck.
    You should reinstall everything if you want the performance to be the best it can be.
    Copy all the updates from wow and install fresh, imo. Then once all is done, move your 'interface' folder from the old loaction to the new.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile99 View Post
    So I had to reinstall my windows vista, and WoW is deep within a folder that the OS made, named Windows.Old. This folder contains all of my old programs and other files. I want to move WoW somewhere in My New OS, so that i can delete the Windows.Old file and start everything new.

Where is the best place to copy it to? Progam Files? Somewhere in the Public Users file? Help Please
    I do this all the time from work, home, laptop, etc. and the game plays fine. HOWEVER, updating will be an issue. When I moved the files to Windows 7, I had to put the game files in this directory for updates to work properly:

C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft

It might be the same with Vista but if you already have the game files on the c: drive, moving it will be fast. Good luck!

No need to reinstall WoW, just copying it over is fine. Also do not use Program Files for WoW under any circumstances. Blizzard still can't do the user access limitations right and on some systems (especially running Vista) you'll have huge pile of problems if you aren't running the game or laucnher in administrator mode. Putting the game into c:\wow for example will avoid all UAC related problems.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

All answers I agree with. You can just copy the whole install folder to a back up drive or the like, or you can just install fresh. With the new launcher and how it streams it's almost a better option IMO. The one think I would recommend is that when you do move or reinstall it, back up your addons and WFT folders to keep your UI the same as well as all the settings and data for your addons