Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Was annoying before the "fix" showing the range on shatter.
    Complete joke now, any tank that leaves because of it should probably go find a new game where you don't have to even look at your screen...

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    Hello, Healer here.

Recently, whenever I get queued into Stonecore, I have noticed that I/my group would cycle through a number of tanks before we face Ozruk.
    Like the other day, before we even got to Ozruk, our tank dropped. Then we got another tank and he was like, "you guys at Ozruk?" and we said "yeah." and he dropped.
    Here comes another tank. We try to do Ozruk. I keep everyone alive, but he fails to move out the ground slam for god-knows-what reason, and blames me, the healer because "I suck" and didn't keep him alive during the one-hit KO move. Then he leaves. Next tank comes. He realizes we're at Ozruk and says "Good luck" and leaves.

Finally..we get a sensible tank who, after one go at Ozruk, we move on to the final boss...

Ozruk IS NOT HARD. Why do people, mainly tanks...in my battlegroup at least, think he is? Its not hard to move out of a frontal cone of damage.

Anyone else been going through this or is it just me and my battlegroup?
    My guess is not that the tanks think it's hard. Tanks think that the last tank bailed because the group was full of bads who can't get out of shatter. They don't want to waste time with a group that is going to fail at the boss over and over. So they just pre-emptively bail.

In other words. They don't think it's hard. They just think the group sucks, thus the previous tank bailed, and heed the warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Palegod View Post
    My opinion on that is tanks should be learning the fight on normal instead of wasting people's time wiping to it on heroic. Few things in a heroic irritate me more than a tank who has never done Ozruk, Karsh Steelbender, etc. on normal first. I took the time to do it on my tank, so I see no reason to cut someone else any slack when I'm there as dps or healer.
    It's easily facerolled in normal mode. Nobody will learn mechanics if it isn't necessary to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Alta87 View Post
    Time for you to learn the encounter. As a pally, i have no charge. Lets say im tanking im faced to the right wall as you meet him. When the first Aoe comes, I would have to strafe right to get out. When the AoE is done, he is facing me and starts using the cone, meaning that Pally and DK tanks have to run through him to avoid it. Bears and Warriors can charge back in to get him faced to the wall again, but we cant.

Even WITH charge, you would have to charge back, face him back against the wall before th cone starts and THEN you can strafe out.

So either you are lying, or you didnt pay attention to what the tanks were doing.

No need to bash Tanks if you dont know how it works, we DO take it personally.

LOL so i say i agree with you on the dps morons stuff, and you basically tell me im dumb and that i am bashing tanks because i am speaking truth, most tanks need to learn to strafe (combination kb/mouse movment...doesnt work well for clickers though).

I guess i should have said what Palegod said...

Start the fight by running through him to turn him 180 degrees from where he stands waiting. On Ground Slam, strafe to the left wall. You will never get hit by it, and there is zero risk of accidentally causing him to face melee dps who are behind him. Strafe back as soon as you see the slam graphic appear and he shouldn't move at all. For Shatter, just run directly away from him. It's trivial; the new graphic they added informed me that I was running almost twice as far away as I needed to prior to 4.0.6. Stop just past the edge of the graphic and run right back to him when he finishes casting. At most he moves a couple feet towards you and by the end of the fight the healer/ranged might have to take a few steps forward as well but it's never been an issue for me.
    This is how i first saw it done and every successful one shot has followed this strategy. Very simple, very effective. And to be honest, not much moving involved this way either. Please try it out sometime before telling me i need to learn the encounter. And thanks Palegod for laying it out as i should have for clarity :-)
    Last edited by WildEther; 2011-02-26 at 07:16 PM.

I've ran into the same issue with my hunter, so i just tank it with my pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose lots of tanks don't like ozruk because it's such an unforgiving fight. One mistake and you and your group die.

I haven't tanked it on heroic yet, only on normal on my alt warrior, and I did fail a few times on shatter, but it's not lethal there. I've only tanked him twice though, and I'm sure by the time I get to do it on heroic I won't fail anymore.

What's weird is that I've gotten confused by the new graphic though. Twice in a row I was 100% sure I was outside of it, but got hit by shatter anyway. Maybe this is because of lag?

there have been reports that the graphic is not exact and the ability can reach slightly past it, so go a couple steps further just to be safe.
    Last edited by WildEther; 2011-02-26 at 07:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To the OP, this fight is not amazingly complex for a tank but it requires perfect execution or certain death. Unless you (the healer) have ever tanked it, refrain from telling people how amazingly easy it is. Oh that's right, WOW isn't hard and this is all terribly easy yet 90 percent of players haven't cleared all content.

Ozruk's fight reminds me somewhat of the Maiden of Grief back in HoS. When she did the group stun, you could break it by going to stand in a void zone right before she cast it. Of course no one ever did this because there wasn't any point in paying attention because it was WotLK. Thank you Cataclysm, for making encounter mechanics actually matter again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well he IS very Tank unfriendly...
    As a Tank you must always move.. you dont have much time to stand and hit the Boss.. also this Boss is quite intolerant if you move a few seconds too late. I can see why many people got problems with him. I consider myself as one of the kinda good Tanks but mostly i cant beet him on the first try.
    I think it wouldnt hurt if the Timespace between his Specials would be more expanded. So you must move but not all the time.

Another Issue is that most Tanks on Normal Difficulty just eat the Hits. They just wont move even if i (in Healer role) tell them to do so. Most of the melees dosnt move aswell.
    Well.. i didnt fight him post Patch so i dont know how the Animation works.
    Last edited by Uriel; 2011-02-26 at 07:54 PM.

the only time i have died to groundslam have been some freak lagspikes where the lag stopped at 2,9s on the cast of groundslam and that meant i couldnt avoid it, but apart from that its a relatively easy fight.

I find Ozruk easy to tank... and i am not even a tank. The real tank drops about 50% of the times we are on him, when that happens, i jump into blood presence and pick him up. All the times that have happened the healer have had no problem keeping me alive, in my full dps gear and spec(assisted by my Death Strikes, but still credits to the healers). Of course i fail a few times the same ways as the tanks do too(though more rarely). He does not hit hard at all, its just to handle the special attacks. Sadly, not all seem to be able to do that.

My opinion on that is tanks should be learning the fight on normal instead of wasting people's time wiping to it on heroic. Few things in a heroic irritate me more than a tank who has never done Ozruk, Karsh Steelbender, etc. on normal first. I took the time to do it on my tank, so I see no reason to cut someone else any slack when I'm there as dps or healer.

i completely agree. i did those fights on normal first as well. im surprised when people say they never did X boss on normal. i did every instance at least once before heroics.. i dont think its much to expect.