Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    ^This. For real. If you have a screen of the RL saying it will be rolled for, you can open a ticket and state your case, they will do something. If you do NOT have a screenshot (which they usually never ask for anyways, but once in a rare while they want it emailed) you are SOL. And it'll be a lesson for the future. I always SS loot rules in Pugs.
    Not always true. Happened to me in a pug once in VoA. I asked the RL before hand, took screenshots of both him saying I could roll, me actually winning the roll, and him ninja'ing it to his friend, and still nothing was done. The GM didn't even look at my screenshots.
    Hakuna matata.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are certain downsides to running raids with PUGs...
    Next time ask the lootmaster to state the rules and then take a screenshot for evidence.

Blizzard can see chat logs to see loot rules, if he said bow will be rolled on then open a ticket and ask for the bow.
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

well since he said that it would be rolled for Blizz might do something, thats really the only way they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just read this a sec ago...
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Pug

Deleted
    Call me dumb, but a friend of mine told me you can just pass the bow around and people will have the achievement pop (tho is sounds very unlikely that your masterlooter would've done that).

But a tip for next week, gather up a bunch of friends you know. We always do old raids with 'need before greed' on in the guild and best man gets it. And even if somebody else would like the achievement (if what I stated is correct) he would just trade it really quickly.

Really unfortunate it had to happen for you OP, but you're not alone.
    Last edited by mmoc79be39102d; 2011-02-25 at 08:10 PM.

Deleted
    If you have screenshots when he wispers you or states that it will be rolled for, and you see him ninja it, yes, you will get it.

If not, then im sorry

Similar thing happened to me and black temple. It was stated in raid that all loot was open roll, Warglaive dropped, I won roll, wasn't given to me, I put in ticket. Bliz stated they took action but can't award loot after it's been handed out, raid leader got a ban.
    Whether the world's greatest gnats or the world's greatest heroes, you're still only mortal!

This is why you run with Group Loot on.

You don't need screenshots, GM's can check chat logs.

Unless he says when it drops roll or 30 before it happens. Nothing can be done. If before the boss (has to be each boss or else blizzard go "well he could of changed rules he is loot master afterall,") So if you have him before boss saying or he did say loot was going to be rolled on this boss, if not ure FACKED enjoy your day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullblod View Post
    Call me dumb, but a friend of mine told me you can just pass the bow around and people will have the achievement pop (tho is sounds very unlikely that your masterlooter would've done that).
    Not true. My guild ran Sunwell and the bow dropped. However, there were two hunters in the group and I won the roll. I equipped it and noticed it had the option of tradeing to people in the raid. So I handed it to him to see if he'd get the Feat of Strength as well. Didn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Tauroon View Post
    If you have screenshots when he wispers you or states that it will be rolled for, and you see him ninja it, yes, you will get it.
    Screenshots are irrelevant and unnecessary. GMs look at logs, there is no action that a GM will ever take on the basis of a screenshot.

If the ML actually said that you get to roll on it, and then ninja passed it to someone without rolls, then you have a chance of at least getting it taken from the other person and the ML might get a temp ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given that he clearly stated the loot rules were everything rolls, you should open a ticket and hope for the best. If you have a screenshot of him saying that it would also help support your cause and make it likely that something would in fact be done.

They will check chat logs of raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelastain View Post
    Not true. My guild ran Sunwell and the bow dropped. However, there were two hunters in the group and I won the roll. I equipped it and noticed it had the option of tradeing to people in the raid. So I handed it to him to see if he'd get the Feat of Strength as well. Didn't work
    I remember there was a bug, that gave you ahievements for certain item (Chopper/Hog ect.) if you had them in your inventory while logging in. Might be possible with those "tradeable legendaries" too.

I would have done the exact same thing if I was the GL. It was obvious he only invited you just for a spare dps. He even said his hunter friend is going to get it and you honestly thought that you were going to get a fair share of loot. Not only that but it was a pug....

Some people... . If the leader took much time and patience to get a group going then he should be able to loot the legendary bow .

To everyone saying he might have a chance if he has a screenshot, Blizzard pays no attention to screenshots and will never use one as evidence for any action they may take. All they have to do is look at the chat logs.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    From my past pugging experience in WotLK, this is what you should have done/should do in the future:

-ask for loot rules and take screenshots of the conversation
    -when he ninjas it, take a screenshot again and any conversation that follows regarding the RL's ninja'ing of gear despite the loot rules (also note the date and server time at which it occurred)
    -tell him that you have a ss of the loot rules and that you *will* make a ticket about it
    -if RL ignores you then you make a ticket but be sure to be polite/calm in your choice of words, and put in as much information as possible (including Raid ID, date, server time) and mention that you have screenshots of the loot rules, etc.

Something to keep in mind though, you will *not* be awarded the loot that was ninja'd but it will be taken away from the ninja'er. I've done this in the past even if it's loot that had nothing to do with me. The way I see it is that it'll teach them a lesson and hopefully they won't do it ever again.

HTH