Thread: 100% haste.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

100% haste.

I'm not talking 100 haste rateing I'm talking 100% haste.
    Now I think it's possible on a few classes to reach this point with lust hunter speed boost mages icy veins dks chill speed boost or what not.

My question is what will happen if you reach it? On a hunter will he just start SMGing things? Will the Mage run around instant casting frost bolt instead of ice lance? Will the dk just go hog wild and swing his big two hand rune weapon like it didn't so fast it becomes invisible and the boss just dies?

Idk I just leveled a toon and he had 75% haste when things were stacked right but I'm in quest greens so no gear with major haste stats. What do you guys think?

gcd will always be 1 second

I don't know, but my god I'd be spamming mindflay like no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by msbxghost View Post
    gcd will always be 1 second
    you beat me to it
    Aiguille <3

Major DPS is lost as having too much haste is a waste.

Ive reached 154% haste on my hunter according to my char sheet with RF / Lust / Pot / Elixir, can't say I noticed anything dramatic other than sexy fast Aimed Shots, makes my burst go right up but that happens regardless of lust / pot / elixir when am using RF on single target fights >80%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidgama View Post
    My question is what will happen if you reach it?
    Blizzard will nerf haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I pop a few CD's on my shammy I easily hit 110% or more Though it's usually during bossfights, and I can't be bothered to do any math on my casttimes, given it only lasts for 10s or so At least I can tell you it's not hardcapped at 100%

Wouldn't 100% haste mean you've cut the cast time of your spell / the attack timer on your melee swing in half? As in 100% haste gives a 50% actual reduction and NOT instant casts.

E.g. a 10 sec cast time spell such as Resurrection will have a 5 sec cast time at 100% haste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

I don't think you guys understand how haste works in WoW. 100% haste means you cast two spells in the amount of time it would take to cast one spell with 0% haste. Not that your spell will be instant cast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Many said it already but I just wanted to be in the cool gang. There would be no point of reaching 100% haste..

Deleted
    The GCD will always be one second. Although, the cast times under 1 sec would be instant. Casts over 1 sec would not be instant.

edit: I think....

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe 100% haste reduces cast time by half.

The calculation for haste is [Caste Time] / ((1 + [Haste1]/100) + (1 + [Haste2]/100) + ... + (1 + [Haste % from rating]/100))
    So assuming you can achieve 100% haste this would be [Cast Time] / 2

Deleted
    You're right, I just made a contradictional statement, for 'fun'. I realise that it can and will be read differently.
    Last edited by mmoc1eddfb2d45; 2011-02-25 at 09:55 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooc View Post
    So you would say that 9000*0.00 = 4500?
    You should read the rest of my post, and stop acting like an ass, and then looking like a retard.

Deleted
    well that what would happen if we reach 200% haste?AWMYGAWD!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthrot View Post
    When I pop a few CD's on my shammy I easily hit 110% or more Though it's usually during bossfights, and I can't be bothered to do any math on my casttimes, given it only lasts for 10s or so At least I can tell you it's not hardcapped at 100%
    Hard cap is when your slowest casted spell is 1 sec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

10+ Year Old Account
    GCD will always be one second...unless you're an Unholy DK.

Beyond that, 100% haste is a 100% speed increase. A 2 second spell would take 1 second. A 5 second spell would take 2.5 seconds. A 1 second spell would take half a second.

Haste doesn't work the way you're thinking. Haste is a factor for division. Theoretically it's possible to be dividing by such a large number that yes, you would reduce all spell casting time to near-instant. You could however, never have enough haste to actually make a spell instant. That's a game programming thing. You could make a spell APPEAR instant simply due to the human mind not being able to react as fast as your spell goes, but it's unlikely you can do it with the current amount of haste on gear.

So would 200% haste be instant or 1/4 time? If the hunter said he reached 154% then 200% might be possible but a waste if it dosn't grant instant casts or mad weapon swings. And do weapon swings and ranged auto shots have the same 1sec gcd?

my frost dk is at 67% haste in mostly 346ilvl a few epics