Poll: Should i have gotten the staff?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lightbulb Chelley's Staff of Dark Mending Boomkin Discussion

Hey all, last night, I ran a BoT trash run with MS>OS rules, which wasnt going to smoothly but nonetheless I wanted that staff! As a boomkin abviously we need hit, and the talent Balance of Power converts spirit into hit.(here is a link to the staff) http://www.wowhead.com/item=59525

Now, up front i hit my macro stating the talent and what it does and why I would be rolling on that staff, nobody said anything so I assumed it was no problem. This was until a priest took the tenth spot. The staff dropped, and I won the roll! As ecstatic as I was, the leader said that the staff was for healing ONLY. I showed my macro, and the loot still wasn't distributed.

Now, the priest being immature as he was, spammed vulgarities for 5 minutes with bits and pieces of "THIS IS ONLY FOR HEALERS DURP" and it was absolutely dumb.
    i eventually said, "with all due respect, read the talent and stop being so oblivious" the leader then told me to stop arguing and I was kicked from the group.

What do you all think, should I have been rewarded the staff or the priest?
    Last edited by Bearcattreeowl; 2011-02-25 at 09:20 PM.

i believe that this thread pretty much sums up your situation.

Put in a ticket, this is a reasonable example of the RL scamming you, because he violated the loot rules he initially posted.

If loot rules have been violated and they were agreed upon by entering the raid, then you MAY have a "loot distribution" issue that Game Masters can handle.
    No Screenshot. No Signature. From WMV or Ingame. Make it big.

Watch me create signatures on Youtube here - Watch my signature gallery here

Well, first of all, yes, the staff is good for Moonkins. However, this particular raid leader never specifically stated he would give it to you. Silence does not imply agreement. Your assumption was wrong and you should have left the raid at this point instead of jumping to conclusions. So really, he had no obligation of giving it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    Well, first of all, yes, the staff is good for Moonkins. However, this particular raid leader never specifically stated he would give it to you. Silence does not imply agreement. Your assumption was wrong and you should have left the raid at this point instead of jumping to conclusions. So really, he had no obligation of giving it to you.
    if it was stated in raid that MS>OS, then it should be considered a main spec roll. Of course this is moot if you didn't even roll on it or win the roll if you did, so, while your point is a valid one, good luck getting anything done about it. Some people are just idiots and...well, my sig says it all.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

This is like the third or fourth thread about this... You should get it but people are retards. Make your own pug, get a guild or something life isnt fair.

Deleted
    Are you not hitcapped already?

Quote Originally Posted by Fateofman View Post
    Are you not hitcapped already?
    What does that have to do with anything? It is a great staff, especially for Balance. If they got it, they could switch out gems/reforging, etc.

I do not think that is wrong at all, don't worry about it.

Only thing you can really do is put in a ticket and hope for the best. Don't hold your breath on actually getting the item though. Make sure you state who the raid leader was, the rolls, and what the priest's name was in the ticket. It'll help your specific case go by smoother. Yes, you should have gotten the staff over the priest who lost the roll, your raid leader and the priest were both stupid. Better luck next time I suppose.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Healers benefit more from spirit than spirit benefits some casters in terms of hit.
    Casters that uses spirit for hit will eventually reforge spirit/hit.
    Healers will never reforge spirit. There's plenty of 1handed + offhand combo's that's way better for moonkins. there's only 1 staff that's drop in t11 content + the 1or2 from archealogy. giving a healer that spirit boost (no mainhand weps in T11 except nefarian mace has spirit on it) will be more benefit to said healer than said caster with hit = spirit.
    Also spirit is the only way for passive mana regen for healers, and others for that matter, while all casters can take a piece with hit rating instead.

We've talked alot of this in our guild and we got a elem shaman and a moonkin in our 10man and we prio spirit cloak, ring and such (offset) to healer because it benefits a healer more with manaregen than any caster with hit.

Yeah the leader might have ninjaed and been a cock about it, still doesnt change the fact that healers benefit more than dps from spirit.

Deleted
    Aye, open a ticket.

I use that staff as a Balance druid and I love it. It's just as useful for you as it was for the priest and yes, all things being fair, you should have gotten it...but people will always find ways to disappoint. Next time you should lead you own trash run and you can be fair and impartial (I hope).

15+ Year Old Account
    Make a very detailed ticket about it.

Do not leave anything out, state the names, rolls, what was said in the chat, everything.

If you do this and a very nice GM answers your ticket you may get the staff, but don't get your hopes up.

If it doesn't work out then just put together your own trash farm raids in the future.

23% have no clue and live in the past
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

With the talent its okay.. We gave away a staff that dropped for us to one of the guild boomkins the other day.. Its a quite usefull staff for a resto/boomkin druid really, as it benefits in both specs..

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Healers benefit more from spirit than spirit benefits some casters in terms of hit.
    Healers will never reforge spirit. There's plenty of 1handed + offhand combo's that's way better for moonkins. there's only 1 staff that's drop in t11 content + the 1or2 from archealogy. giving a healer that spirit boost (no mainhand weps in T11 except nefarian mace has spirit on it) will be more benefit to said healer than said caster with hit = spirit.
    Also spirit is the only way for passive mana regen for healers, and others for that matter, while all casters can take a piece with hit rating instead.

We've talked alot of this in our guild and we got a elem shaman and a moonkin in our 10man and we prio spirit cloak, ring and such (offset) to healer because it benefits a healer more with manaregen than any caster with hit.

Yeah the leader might have ninjaed and been a cock about it, still doesnt change the fact that healers benefit more than dps from spirit.
    please stop talking. you have no idea.

OT: yes, you should have gotten it. it's not the best for us, but it's definitely not bad.

I hope you realize that the loot table has been designed to drop more spirit items now that hybrid casters and healers share some gear.

still doesnt change the fact that healers benefit more than dps from spirit.
    Yeah, right. After all hit/spirit is only a boomkin's most desirable secondary stat until capped.

Seriously, when you have no clue, just stfu.

FWIW I've never seen this staff drop, and the prices at AH on my server are ridiculously high (~30k), but it took us 8 Magmaw kills to finally see Incineratus drop.