Poll: Should i have gotten the staff?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    if it was stated in raid that MS>OS, then it should be considered a main spec roll. Of course this is moot if you didn't even roll on it or win the roll if you did, so, while your point is a valid one, good luck getting anything done about it. Some people are just idiots and...well, my sig says it all.
    I agree with that, but some people consider weapons with spirit to be healing gear. I'm not arguing this point, just stating a fact. Since he didn't get a confirmation he shouldn't have assumed that this particular raid leader didn't have this opinion. I think OP was blinded by wanting the staff and ignored quite a few warning signs that made it quite clear he wouldn't get it. Wishful thinking is a dangerous thing.

Of course, he can try to ticket the GM, it could go both ways. But ultimately, I think the whole issue was avoidable to begin with. Just don't join groups that have no idea about how good spirit weapons are for hybrid casters.

Huntingbear_grimbatol

Seriously, hope your a trial or a lame BG'er with no influence to anyone. Cus your knowledge is as floored as it could possible be.

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    But ultimately, I think the whole issue was avoidable to begin with. Just don't join groups that have no idea about how good spirit weapons are for hybrid casters.
    You make it sounds like trash farming raids are more organized than guild raids... I wonder if you've ever been to one? It tends to be quite hectic, and usually features players and RLs who aren't quite good enough to do anything else and are still suck in WOTLK mode (e.g. spirit is a healer-only stat).

Actually the greatest thing ever in VoA/BH type of encounters is that the name of classes that can use an item are written on it. I wonder if they should start doing that with regular loot, too.

I'd give it to a healing priest ahead of a druid. Being purple doesn't make it good itemisation.

Be fair and pass as dps on spirit weapons, cloaks and rings to healers, get your spirit from leather gear or get hit from any piece of gear. Spirit is already very hard to get for healers.

It's hilarious, because if the staff had Hit Rating on it rather than Spirit, everyone would be like "Oh, what a perfectly itemised staff for a Boomkin!"

Instead, they see Spirit and immediately presume "Spirit = poor stat for DPS classes". Don't worry, some people are just bad.

To the guy who said "Get your Spirit from leather gear", should he take that leather gear over his Resto Druid guildmate, or does that fall under the same category? Hit Rating is no less of an important stat to DPS than it is to Healers.

Basically, stop being a loot whore and let ALL the classes that need Spirit roll on the appropriate gear. That's why Blizzard made these changes.

OT: You got ripped off by typical morons in PuG groups. Bad luck, try for it again - this time with less idiots in the group!
    Last edited by Hateful; 2011-02-26 at 12:22 PM.
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...

Quote Originally Posted by Anathor View Post
    You make it sounds like trash farming raids are more organized than guild raids... I wonder if you've ever been to one? It tends to be quite hectic, and usually features players and RLs who aren't quite good enough to do anything else and are still suck in WOTLK mode (e.g. spirit is a healer-only stat).

Actually the greatest thing ever in VoA/BH type of encounters is that the name of classes that can use an item are written on it. I wonder if they should start doing that with regular loot, too.
    What makes you think I've never been to a raid like that? I have and I left. And no, not all trash farming raids are like that. If you can't find one on your server, make it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammywan View Post
    Be fair and pass as dps on spirit weapons, cloaks and rings to healers
    Just to show you how badly you have no clue what you're talking about.

Number of epic PvE cloaks with int ant hit: zero.
    Number of epic weapons USABLE BY DRUIDS with int and hit: zero
    Number of epic rings with int and hit: one (BOE) vs 2 with int & spi (omni and VP)

So I guess it means I should stick to ilvl 346 items forever?

Blizzard put Spirit and not hit on ALL the druid stuff (including weapons and cloaks) so that it could be looted by both resto and boomkin instead of separating them and having items sharded.

Spirit is a boomkin stat. Learn to deal with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaffolding View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? It is a great staff, especially for Balance. If they got it, they could switch out gems/reforging, etc.
    Being hit capped has something to do with gearing, in reply to ''What has that got to do with anything?''.

---------- Post added 2011-02-26 at 04:35 PM ----------

Couldn't help but chuckle at how many indignant spirit DPSers think venting on this thread will solve anything. The solution is not attempting to preach to the ignorant masses, it's that you don't surround yourself with them when you are after something like spirit loot.

I hear guilds of competant people exist. Try and find one!

It dosen't matter if the weapon was better itemized for the healer than a boomkin for one main reason, it was a pug. Gearing up a healer > DPS is pointless. The whole argument of Spirit items go to a Healer > DPS is fought by those who are gearing their raids. You got the higher roll, I pray for your sake the RL stated that in chat so you have proof and can get the item from a GM.

This is the problem with Blizz's lazy itemization. Back in the day it was leather with agi on it was rogue gear before druids now it is spirit is healer gear before boomkins. Blizz takes the easy way out homogenizing gear and hybrids always get screwed because of it.

If you're raiding with a guild, it makes sense to gear tanks and healers first and this means healers have priority on spirit pieces. When you're pugging, it is a random group only worried about how far they progress that night. Loot should be handled as simply as MS > OS and left at that because it's not the PUG RL's concern who is gearing up in what order.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    If you're raiding with a guild, it makes sense to gear tanks and healers first and this means healers have priority on spirit pieces.
    I think this mindset is actually also a thing of the past. I feel there's a lot of pressure on dps in Cata compared to previous xpacs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Open a ticket that you got scammed. The rules were MS > OS, given the hit value of spirit for boomkins it was a legit roll. Also, never run with the whiney priest or RL again.

Question: were the priest/RL in the same guild?

Number of epic rings with int and hit: one (BOE) vs 2 with int & spi (omni and VP)

Blizzard put Spirit and not hit on ALL the druid stuff (including weapons and cloaks) so that it could be looted by both resto and boomkin instead of separating them and having items sharded.

Err you can use also gear without spirit or hit, and then reforge haste/crit/mastery into spirit, whereas a healer needs ALL the spirit he can get? They don't have a cap that can be reached by reforging like 8 pieces to spirit, boomkins do.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    I'd give it to a healing priest ahead of a druid. Being purple doesn't make it good itemisation.
    How about the fact that it is well itemized for a balance druid? Stam, Int, Spirit, SP, Mastery. Spirit is great for us because it gives hit and while mastery used to be bottom of the secondary stat totem for us it's now above crit and just below haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammywan View Post
    Err you can use also gear without spirit or hit, and then reforge haste/crit/mastery into spirit, whereas a healer needs ALL the spirit he can get? They don't have a cap that can be reached by reforging like 8 pieces to spirit, boomkins do.
    Spirit's the best Boomkin stat until 17% (or 1742, I think?). It's important to note that 3 of the tier pieces a druid uses don't actually have any spirit on them, so druids need to get spirit from the rest of their gear.

as long as you don't mind that i'm rolling on a caster weapon without spirit (Incineratus, Twilight's Hammer) you can have the staff hehe

The general rule of thumb I go by is if the item says "cloth" or "leather" or "mail" for armour, then it is rollable by both DPS and resto specs. If the item doesn't have an armour type listed above, then a +hit or +haste/+crit equivalent exist. There should be other staves available for boomkins, so the staff has healer priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciseal View Post
    If the item doesn't have an armour type listed above, then a +hit or +haste/+crit equivalent exist. There should be other staves available for boomkins, so the staff has healer priority.
    Name those "other staves", then. Or be wrong. Which is what you are, in this case.

Short answer no, you shouldn't have gotten it.

Long answer, the hit talent for boomkin is to balance out the fact that they wanted to stop putting so many different item sets in the game. They figured if they made spirit translate to hit for boomkin and ele shaman that they could stop putting hit on mail and leather gear and smash it into spirit. The fact that you translate spirit into hit is specifically for armor not weapons as you can still get hit on weapons

Let me put it this way, you can use hit or spirit on a weapon, healers can only use spirit. This is basically the same argument as 'I'm a boomkin why can't I wear cloth if it's an upgrade even though this clothy wants it?' Widely regarded as a bad move, and blizzard came out against it by creating the 'armor specializations'.

TL;DR - You can use hit on weapons, healers can't, let them have the spirit weapons. You can fight over armor.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis