Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Take a deep breath.. spriests are will be fine.

I think many of you are overreacting, these changes are just in and the patch isnt for another month or so.
    Even if the changes did go through, we would still be one of the best casters behind mages ofcorse, we are out of control at the moment, and i dont blame blizzard for the incoming nerfs that we will be recieving. But its safe to say we WILL STILL BE FINE.

Deleted
    its called balance

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    can someone inform me where these changes are???? i checked the front page and I dont really see that big of a problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    OMG EVERYONE IS BANNED.

10+ Year Old Account
    I shelved my S-Priest in Cata in favor of my Shammy. Mind updating me on what you're talking about?
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

I quit arena after my DoTs still get spam dispelled with no repercussions after the hot "fix"

It's just natural for all the noobs to fly into a shitstorm of QQ when they see very early PTR changes and start treating them like they're going to be absolute final.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    I think what concerns everyone the most is pvp nerf in form of removed ally dispel - new dispel magic only works on self and offensive for shadow - can't dispel teammates anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I think what concerns everyone the most is pvp nerf in form of removed ally dispel - new dispel magic only works on self and offensive for shadow - can't dispel teammates anymore.
    Um, don't forget how it can't be cast on enemy players either... Which is huge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Um, don't forget how it can't be cast on enemy players either... Which is huge.
    Not according to this, "# Dispel Magic can now only be casted on yourself to remove harmful effects, and now only removes 1 beneficial spell from enemies, down from 2."
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

And people complaining about that are essentially complaining "zomg QQ my class isn't imba anymore". Spriest was the only non-healer that could dispel magic from other friendly targets. Now only healers can do that. Balancing =/= Nerfing.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

Are will you sure be fine?

Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    I think many of you are overreacting, these changes are just in and the patch isnt for another month or so.
    Even if the changes did go through, we would still be one of the best casters behind mages ofcorse, we are out of control at the moment, and i dont blame blizzard for the incoming nerfs that we will be recieving. But its safe to say we WILL STILL BE FINE.
    Name one benefit to using a shadow priest in an arena / rated battleground team instead of a warlock? after these changes of coarse.

Deleted
    Didn't anyone else lol at the title?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    And people complaining about that are essentially complaining "zomg QQ my class isn't imba anymore". Spriest was the only non-healer that could dispel magic from other friendly targets. Now only healers can do that. Balancing =/= Nerfing.
    SPriest is the only caster without any real control and with the lousiest gap-openers. Gotta compensate for it somehow or there is no reason to bring one to a team over any better class.

Now, I do know and acknowledge that the changes are not final and there is no reason to cry - but what is wrong with discussing the current state of next patch? We can talk about the release state when it's released.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2011-02-25 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omwtoheavenbrb View Post
    Name one benefit to using a shadow priest in an arena / rated battleground team instead of a warlock? after these changes of coarse.

Lol, you trollin bro?
    Bubbles
    Dispersion
    Shadowprot/fort
    sw:d executes
    spot healing
    Better mobility (fade/disc 4p)
    Hymns
    Disarms

Im sure theres more but I think I've made my point.

And as for the dispell "nerf" shamans got their double purge taken too, so it's a balance change not a nerf. ATM, we are the *only* class that can dispell two buffs off of an enemy target.

TL;DR stop qqing and if only dispelling one buff instead of two is the difference between a win and a loss for you, then you need to L2P.

---------- Post added 2011-02-25 at 11:27 PM ----------

SPriest is the only caster without any real control and with the lousiest gap-openers.
    We have a 4sec hand of freedom every 15 seconds and fade removal every 15 seconds, as well as dispersion removal.

How do we have lousy gap openers? Im confused.

Making disc priests smite to heal, and now this to shadow. Blizzard devs are out of thier minds.

Quote Originally Posted by wxcopy View Post
    Making disc priests smite to heal, and now this to shadow. Blizzard devs are out of thier minds.
    Atonement effective on one fight.. OMG THEY ARE CRAZY!

Quote Originally Posted by wxcopy View Post
    Yes, because you're totally forced to pick up Atonement, Evangelism and AA. Seriously, what's with all the mindless trolls nowadays?

Shadow Priests really did need this change.

I think the worst part of the change is that it will completely shatter many of the top 3v3 arena comps that are running today.

Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    We have a 4sec hand of freedom every 15 seconds and fade removal every 15 seconds, as well as dispersion removal.

How do we have lousy gap openers? Im confused.
    We are comparing to other casters. Our 4 second freedom gives us exactly that - 4 seconds of your enemy running at the same speed as you. Our fade will occasionally allow us to get some space - but often will only end up in being slowed to 50-70% within 3 seconds. These are not anywhere near as powerful as blink, demonic circle, aoe roots, and slows which do not need to be channeled to maintain.

---------- Post added 2011-02-26 at 07:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bokchoii View Post
    Shadow Priests really did need this change.

I think the worst part of the change is that it will completely shatter many of the top 3v3 arena comps that are running today.
    Thats the whole problem with this change - the only reason you currently take a spriest over a lock is for the defensive dispels. Being able to knock your healer out of most CCs is an extremely powerful tool. Without this we are just poor versions of warlocks

edit: Im not saying this change is unwarranted - but we do need something other than sub-par offheals to make spriests just as attractive as warlocks
    Last edited by domzai; 2011-02-26 at 11:40 AM.