Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I could not really see something more happening at the Sunwell, at least something calling for a dungeon. It's so incredibly highly guarded by the Sunreavers that it would take an immense force to overcome it now.

Sunwell should be reworked and included into the World, with Quel'danas physically connected to Eversong Forest (no invisible wall). Maybe some quests there from Silvermoon City (reached via FP). Just the usual stuff. High Elven and Blood Elven pilgrims and a few guards.

No.

Enough.

Only way I could see them bringing together another / new Sunwell raid at the present time is through Caverns of Time when the Lich King stomped in and wrecked up the place. But how fun would it really be to fight a fight you know you can't win?

Unless of course the Infinite Dragonflight was there to aid the High Elves, in which case the player characters would be aiding the Lich King and his Undead armies in desecrating the Sunwell to resurrect Kel'Thuzad.

They could make the twilight hammer try to infiltrate the sunwell region as a means to using its power to strengthen deathwing in some way...am pretty sure theres alot of things they could do to make it relevant...

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    If they brought a sunwell revamp for level 85 raid and 5-man dugeons.... any thoughts? would you like or not?
    Now with more Kil'jaeden
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Just because something has happened lorewise doesn't mean a shit. Defias was beaten lorewise for 6 years or so without any action in game. Then the action happened to suit the lore of Defias to fit with the current world but for Sunwell, it didn't happen, you go there and smack the same mobs. It doesn't matter if it happened lorewise, it's not presented in the game as many other things are and that's because Blizzard's wallet is a bit too tight, their concentration moved away from a "finished experience" to a "we'll finish it after" and of course "NEXT PATCH WE HAVE NOT ANNOUNCED WILL FIX EVERYTHING"
    Just because something happened lorewise does matter. The Defias were never completely eradicated. And it has been several years in game time since then. Plenty of time to gather forces for one last desperate push. And Stormwind has had it's own problems and never bothered retaking the Deadmines.

The Sunwell on the other hand was much more important to the Blood Elves. They have retaken the area, and the Sunwell being reignited makes it much more difficult, if not impossible, to use as a gateway for the Burning Legion. And we can be fairly certain the Kael'Thas didn't have a child, and even if he did have one, said child would be unlikely to follow in their father's footsteps. So his insanity died with him.

Re Using old content is a great way to create some nostalgia, but redoing too much can be an issue. Deadmines and SFK were fun to revisit at 85, but I dont want every old dungeon with a heroic mode. Can you imagine heroic Maradon? And realistically, everyone has a favorite dungeon, so does that mean Blizz has to do them all? I would hope not.

I like the path they took for BRC and BWD. Opening up more zones and new evils in a "New" dungeon connected to the old zone, with a similar yet updated theme ties in well. On the flip side, for the love of whatever deity you believe in, let Ony rest in piece. I can't stand the Nef fight.

On that note, if I had a choice, a deeper part of Kara would be in order. Not the old one redone, but something that delves into the Mideveh/Sargeras story to greater detail. Activate that nifty Flight point everyone always points out, and take an elevator way down to a newly discovered lower level...

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, the Lore reason it won't happen until the last expansion is that we're going to use it as a portal to take the fight to the Legion, just as Kil'Jaeden used it to invade Azeroth.

They introduced the Draeni - an ancient alien race, that is so advanced they could travel through space. However, once they crashed on this planet, all that technology was lost.

Could they bring back Sunwell? Of course, why not? I love how people are complaining about the rehashing of old content. Think of it in a business aspect from Blizzard's end. They need to keep us entertained; they accomplish this by giving us content, old or new. They know that this will keep us interested for a while longer, until they release something else. And that's how the cookie crumbles in this situation. To complain about it is extremely niave, but cute at the sametime.

Happy Hunting!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    why, it would be interesting no doubt, but this is getting out of control, bring back all the dungeons and make them heroics and raids, how long this gonna last til we pull every last piece of hair from our head??

I would much rather see SSC and TK revamped

Re:

I disagree whole-heartedly. Blizzard/WOW should bring back old content as 5 man content if we bypass it on the pathway toward leveling once more.

Case-in-point...

My brother started as a fresh level 1 horde side. For 60 levels, content was amazing, as we all know the revamps have accomplished. Then, lo and behold you go back in time to Outland and Northrened, fully 18-20 levels of dead, obsolete, untouchable, disjointed content. Unfortunately, you pay for this content, but likely only tough it if you backfarm it at 80 or 85 (unless you are in some nostalgic type server/guild situation). It's sad and economically stupid. From a story-telling standpoint, it is horrible. Blizzard has already gone back and revamped 1-60, why not do the same and provide a seemless leveling process?

Come the next xpac which is likely to be 85-90, how will you convince new level 1's to buy a new game and all those xpacs thereafter to climb 85 levels of largely irrelevant content for the "carrot on the stick" that is max level? Such players have already grinded 85 levels, now you want them to grind 5 more, grind reputations and grind dungeons? We need a better setup here, guys n gals.

All prior raids should be whittled down to 5 man dungeons or heroics for their requisite level. They can then decrease the droprate on epics and/or legendaries should they provide them. A player SHOULD be able to access fun content WHILE leveling and do so without a difficulty.

Imagine this...in the next xpac blizzard creates a new class, let's say the Demon Hunter, and rejuvenates the life and story of Illidan, from outlaw to something akin to the DeathKnight. From there, ALL raids prior 90 are summarily nerfed to a man normal or heroic dungeon. It's either 1) do it at max level with 5 people OR 2) do it at your necessary level - ssc, tk, bt, mh, sunwell @ 70; wotlk, and cata, etc - what's the big deal? Seriously? THIS way, max level players get the story of what has gone on without having to join random pugs on their server to do it, but rather they could queue up in a 5 man battlegroup type situation where a new leveling player could farm a fun LONG instance.

PROBREM? NO!

I dare see why! I'd love to go back and hit ulduar, icc again on different toons without making this some huge ordeal, but instead I could play at my behest to see great content and maybe acquire some fun gear while leveling or perhaps obtain a legendary, whatever.

It's truly a sad state that content becomes dead and would result in a more fun all-around gaming experience. Such changes would enchance the leveling curve by allowing people access to content that they otherwise may never touch. I wouldn't be pressing for this if 1-85 was a continuous story that made sense, but 58-80 makes zero sense in terms of what is going on and what new level 1's come to learn during 1-60.

No. Stop recycling content. If you want to revisit old content and have it challenging, beg blizzard to put in an additional difficulty to raids to match the player's stats with the mobs/bosses inside (Or vice versa), or run it while level (and gear) appropriate.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    it would make more sense if it had been released after bc the sudden setback really pissed off a lot of people

10+ Year Old Account
    well that would mean a retcon of the quel delar chain

unlike zg where we came we saw we conquored we left

sunwell we did not leave the blood/high elves are still there with all the holy

Well BC was the most fun for me, lore and raid and such wise. New expansion:
    Karazhan, Black Temple, The Eye, c'mon...those were some fun instances with cool characters

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade II

But no...and yes! Mostly no.......but villains returning is apart of everything. Consistency is key to nostalgia and continuous pursuit. Like Batman always fighting the same criminals, just, they come back with different approaches. I don't see how a game is any different. New villains every turn is kind of dumb. I like the re-visiting of people. It's essential to any good story. BC II!

I'm not opposed to a redesigned Sunwell, but only if it has an updated and bosses like ZG, Deadmines, and Shadowfang have. While I don't mind the occasional throwback instance like Onyxia or Naxxaramas, I do not want Blizzard to get in the habit of making too many of them.

So rather then invading the isle and fighting off demons and Sunfury Elves and dealing with a Wretched infestation, you will be defending the island against invading Twilight's Hammer, Dragons, and various minions of the Old Gods who wish to use the Sunwell for their own purposes. The Sunwell raid is a largely defensive raid while you slow the invading forces down until the Blood Elves can finish a ritual at the Sunwell.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    I'm not opposed to a redesigned Sunwell, but only if it has an updated and bosses like ZG, Deadmines, and Shadowfang have. While I don't mind the occasional throwback instance like Onyxia or Naxxaramas, I do not want Blizzard to get in the habit of making too many of them.

So rather then invading the isle and fighting off demons and Sunfury Elves and dealing with a Wretched infestation, you will be defending the island against invading Twilight's Hammer, Dragons, and various minions of the Old Gods who wish to use the Sunwell for their own purposes. The Sunwell raid is a largely defensive raid while you slow the invading forces down until the Blood Elves can finish a ritual at the Sunwell.
    Gotcha, it makes sense....

Deleted
    No more revamped content please. Onyxia died 3 times already.