Deleted

PTR 4.1 Zul Gurub Boss Guide [Spoilers]

Hello all, i've recently completed Zul'Gurub on the ptr, i'm going to tell you what i've saw.. I've also added the spoiler tags incase anyone wants to go into the instance on release without knowing the bosses etc, to make it more challenging. I might not know the names of all the bosses or abilities 100% correctly.

High Priest Venoxis

This boss has a few abilities, he'll start up on his platform and the tank will need to pull him down into the room.

Phase 1 will begin;

When he comes down the room will start to be covered in poison, it's a little maze, you cannot stand in the poison because it does a lot of damage.

His second ability is Whisper of Hesis (not sure of the name 100% correctly) this is targeted at a random party member and will deal damage every few seconds, it hurts. I'm sure this can be interrupted.

His third ability is a link between two players, they must get as far as possible from each other for it to break, it damage when it's up so breaking it is a must.

At 75% health he'll transform into his snake form, and by this time the maze that was being created will be complete.

One of his abilities in snake form is Breath of Hesis(not 100% sure again) This is a frontal breath that WILL kill anyone caught by it in a few seconds, the tank must move behind him when it is casting as well as other players.

He will also drop puddles of poison under him, have the tank move him asap for melee dpsers etc.

I think at 50% health he'll go back up where he started on his platform, during this the maze will still be here.

When he's up on his platform he'll cast Bloodvenom it will spawn beams similar to Kologarn's eye beams and they will chase players, just simply run from them, i'm not sure how many he spawns but when i was doing it there was only 3, but 2 players were dead.

After a short while he'll come off his platform and will get a debuff called Exhausted, this will stun him for 5-10 seconds and he'll take 100% extra damage. The poison maze will vanish when he comes down and will begin to be created again, giving you some room to move about.

At 25% health he'll go back to his snake form again.

At 10% he'll go back to his platform phase again and after it he'll come down, be exhausted and should die by this point.

High Priestess ______

Ok i've forgot this bosses name but anyway here's what she does.

It's pretty much tank and spank.

She casts shadowbolts on the tank, interruptable(i think)

She'll do a random shadowy aoe which is unavoidable.

She'll cast Tears of Blood, Tears of Corrupted Blood (not sure) which does damage to anyone in her melee range, interruptable.

At 40% health, she'll yell.. this will make all trash left alive in her building to come to her aid.

Also the cats around her room will wake up and they'll all come, there's like 12-15 of them. Have the tank pick them up and aoe them down fast.

Also at 40% when she yells she'll shake the building, causing little cave ins like the trash in VoA, just step out of it.

She'll turn into a tiger god at 40%, she'll gain a stack increasing her melee haste and damage by 10 or 20% per stack, longer she's left alive.. the more stacks she'll get.

Zanzil

Ok when you get to zanzil, there will be 3 cauldrons. A fire one, an ice one and a poison one, theres also 3 berserker trolls around the room and some zombie piles.

This is a tank and spank also.

He'll randomly revive a berserker troll or a pack of zombies.

A berserker troll will fixate on a player and chase them, if you right click the ice cauldron and hit it with an ability, it will freeze it (On the ptr this currently takes 80-90% of the mobs hp away so i dunno if this is a bug.)

A pack of zombies just needs to be aoed down, if you right click the fire cauldron it will do aoe fire damage to enemies and will also damage you, like warlock hellfire.

He'll fire out a line of fire, standing in it hurts, just avoid it.

He'll fill the room in poison, and i mean proper fill it up, so you must right click the green cauldron to get 90% reduced poison damage taken.

That's the fight really.

Bloodlord Mandokir

This fight is kinda easy.

You will fight him in a little pit, he'll literally one shot a random player and gain a buff that does 100% damage increased, i'm not sure if it stacks up during the fight.

If anyone dies, they'll get revived by a spirit ghost.

Every now and again he'll cast a ground slam that will kill anyone in the area on the ground, it's visible to see it's a big orange patch where the spikes will come out. If you die the spirit will res you.

I think after he casts ground slam his raptor will run around hitting folk, when it dies it gets revived aswell if i remember correctly.

When the raptor is running around, it will target a spirit and kill it, if you let all the spirits die, you wont be ressed. kill raptor asap.

He'll also drain 50% of a random player's life

Anyways it's pretty much the fight, he'll enrage at 10-20% or so.

I found the fight rather funny, what the npcs say anyways.

Jin'do the Godbreaker

You'll want to kill the trolls either side of his stairs before you engage him.

He'll siphon the essence of hakkar and will begin to fight.

He'll cast Shadows of Hakkar, this hurts it's a chain lightning style spell that hits everyone for a lot of damage. He also summons a bubble similar to death knight's anti magic bubble, just stand in it to survive the big aoe damage. We had the tank inside the bubble also and had jin'do outside so the mage could actually do damage.

After burning him down about 75% hp he'll run to hakkar's spirit and you'll be taken into the spirit world.

There will be 3 chains of hakkar that take a long time to die.. however.. there will be the spirits of the troll berserker mobs that you killed down on the stairs. If you pull them and have your group stand on a chain each, the troll will jump on them and damage the chains, when the troll lands it leaves a circle making anything inside it take 100% more damage, so it will be an alright idea to use this to kill chains really fast.

Twisted spirits will spawn during this phase just kill them so you're not overwhelmed. When you kill all 3 chains you'll be back in the normal realm. At this point Hakkar will vanish and jin'dos corpse will be there. I'm not 100% sure if this fight is finished, it seemed rather weak compared to others.

Hope this was useful, i'm sorry if i didn't explain them good enough or remembered spell names/boss names correctly, i was too busy healing

Thanks for reading.
    ~Alaka
    Last edited by mmoc1c590d8111; 2011-02-26 at 03:36 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice little guide. I only got to do Venoxis and Mandokir until we wiped and none of us could zone in without res sickness.

My favorite strategy for Mandokir is to get the Frostburn Formula from the cauldron. I still had the buff when we pulled and hit him for 3.3 million damage... so we didn't actually get to see what he does, but it was pretty awesome hitting a boss for 80% of his health.

Deleted
    Updated bloodlord mandokir. Just completed him again.