Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Firelands Raid Progression

If this was posted before I apologize. I'm looking for any kind of idea on what boss difficulty is in Firelands and what the reccomended "easiest" to "hardest" would be of the first 4 in the raid. Wish I had time to play the PTR to see for myself.
    We raid as a 10m 3 nights a week for 3 hours. I've seen the vids but I know people have a way of making things harder than they have to be so anyone thats played the PTR/encounters, I'd appreciate your input.

You sure you are even "playing" a game anymore. Sounds like you just go through the motions someone else told you to do. My guild judges the regular content on its own by trying it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    You sure you are even "playing" a game anymore. Sounds like you just go through the motions someone else told you to do. My guild judges the regular content on its own by trying it.
    Thanks for the troll. If you're bored keep it in trade chat. Kthxbai.

I've only tested a few myself, but Lord Rhyolith seemed to be the easiest.

Actually he's not trolling at all. Don't get all crazy now just because you didn't get the reply you wanted. In fact his reply to you is quite nice compared to what could've been said. You don't like the videos because sometimes they make things harder than they have to be, so you want opinions from people on the PTR...those videos are from the PTR. If you want more than that you can still get on the PTR and find out.

Even people that haven't done a boss but read the strategy and watched the video can tell you that it's not the same when you actually do the encounter yourself. You'll have to do some of the actual learning. Well that or just have enough gold or money to buy a guild that will carry you to get all the gear/achievements.

Honestly the Firelands hasn't even been released yet it's WAY to early to be asking a prio on boss kills at this point. The PTR testing really isn't enough of a reference to give any good feedback on this topic.

Yeah, he wasn't trying to troll you. It was a simple statement. Why not just *gasp* go attempt the bosses when the damn raid comes out and find out what works for you guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by danielu100 View Post
    gharld fu cked name,all my friends are playing on this patch and its going fine,u fu cking ugly kid go comment ur mother face not here, morron shit.
    50% nerdrage, 50% wut? o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll or not, he's kinda right. Going there yourself with your guild and see what YOUR OWN GROUP has more dificulties with, at this stage of the patch (which is, not even released yet), would be better than trusting source #4. It varies from person to person, or in this case, group to group. Sadly I can't give you any insight on what is easier or harder to tackle either as I haven't seen any of the bosses personally, but keep that in mind: one man's fun is another man's hell. I can faceroll Alysrazor like a pro and smash my head against the wall on Shannox, but you could be having the reverse, regardless of overall difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

don't be mad at him because he didn't hold your hand through what bosses you should do first, you're a big boy and can figure things out for yourself (at least i hope)

Signature by Kenz

Trolling? He gave you a response that you didn't want to hear. That is it. Stop being so damn sensitive...

How about waiting until the patch and then taking a few moments to read the Dungeon Journal/Guide. Figure some things out for your guild that way as opposed to being told how to push your buttons to down a boss.
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

From someone who has tested all PTR bosses I would says Lord Rhyolith would be the easiest to start. It's not too challenging and is mainly a "retard" check. Not calling any players a retard, but just in the sense of weither your raiders can stop when told and follow easy instructions. As for heroic he was by far the easiest as well. After the buff blizzard gave him on the last night of testing we got him near death and then got ported out mid pull with 23/23 (yes 23 players) alive.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    From someone who has tested all PTR bosses I would says Lord Rhyolith would be the easiest to start. It's not too challenging and is mainly a "retard" check. Not calling any players a retard, but just in the sense of weither your raiders can stop when told and follow easy instructions. As for heroic he was by far the easiest as well. After the buff blizzard gave him on the last night of testing we got him near death and then got ported out mid pull with 23/23 (yes 23 players) alive.
    Thank you for the help Emaias and Fenicks.

To the rest: No shit sherlock. Of course we'll be in there on night one testing everything out for ourselves to see what works. And of course its subject to opinion and general raid awareness/strengths/weaknesses as to encounter difficulty. I'm oh so sorry that I dare ask the opinion of you Gods of raiders as to what you think it will be like as if you haven't sat down yourselves and wondered the same question. I didn't ask for my hand to be held or full blown out strategies. I asked for a simple opionion of what the population would consider the simplest/easiest encounter to start on. Two of the above posters answered helpfully and succintly, which was all that the question required.

To the OP, don't mind the 'do it yourself' people. I understand you probably have a small guild and not as much time as other to raid. You want to be efficient with your limited time to raid. Out side of doing the search for yourself, I welcome you post and question. I was wondering the same thing.

To the negative posters: Do be so elitist. My guess is you watch others videos and even others raid starts. That no different then his simple question. If you don't, good for you that how you play the game. Most don't. If you can't answer his question then move on. There is no reason to try and make yourself feel better than him by berating him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrose View Post
    Yeah, he wasn't trying to troll you. It was a simple statement. Why not just *gasp* go attempt the bosses when the damn raid comes out and find out what works for you guys?
    but that meant stopping being a *looks sideways suspiciously* sheep and thinking for ourselves.....

then again we all at least read the tactics for the encounters which is pretty much the same thing... i know i do.