AMD PHENOM II X4 965 BLACK EDITION 3.4GhzCPU
    8gig DDR3 Performance memory**
    Latest motherboard features....
    AMD790 Chipset, GBlan, SATA-2 RAID, FireWire and CrossFire support
    Hi performance ATi 5870 x2 in CROSS_FIRE DirectX 11 PCI Express video card
    CREATIVE TITANIUM FATAL1TY sound card
    BluRay Reader and DVD-RW Burner
    128gig Hi-Speed SSD HDD for BOOT/OS Solid State HDD
    6TB RAID0 STRIPE Games/Data HardDrive system (4 x 1.5TB HDDs)
    Memory Card Reader
    Antec P-160 Aluminium Gaming Case with extra cooling.
    1000watt Power Supply

You can crossfire 5870's on a decent 650 watt PSU, there's absolutely no need for 1000 watts unless you are doing some quad or tri configurations (depending on the card). Why not get a single 6950 or 6970? Crossfire really isn't worth it for WoW.

What kind of increase is it for wow and what increase is it for other games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiss View Post
    What kind of increase is it for wow and what increase is it for other games?
    No visible increase for WoW in comparison to one of those. However, if you're playing something like Crysis or Starcraft II (They added Occlusion Lighting) you'll get higher overall framerates. Right now, with Starcraft II on Ultra, I get 26-37 FPS when I've got a shit load of models on my screen. If you were to crossfire, I wouldn't expect that number to drop below 60. As far as what Nejji said, I'd stay with 1000 watt if you're into spending money on it. If you WANT to upgrade your computer later, you won't have to worry about PSU.

But yeah, I'd want one. I'd actually take away one or two HDD's and free them up for the new SDD's coming out. 2 120GB SSD's would make that an over-the-top computer.

I'm looking at getting a i7 960 with SLI Dual GTX 570's and a ASUS P6X58D PREMIUM Motherboard. Currently I'm using a i5 760, Sabertooth 55i motherboard, and a GTX 480.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiss View Post
    I'm looking at getting a i7 960 with SLI Dual GTX 570's and a ASUS P6X58D PREMIUM Motherboard. Currently I'm using a i5 760, Sabertooth 55i motherboard, and a GTX 480.
    Not up to par on my Asus products, but make damn sure it's Sandy Bridge compatible. It sucks to get a motherboard just to find out you can't throw your kickin' CPU in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Not up to par on my Asus products, but make damn sure it's Sandy Bridge compatible. It sucks to get a motherboard just to find out you can't throw your kickin' CPU in it.
    Sady no Core i7 9x0's are Sandybridge compatible. Neither are any LGA 1366 or LGA 1156 motherboards. Pretty much, Sandybridge only has compatibility with itself and nothing else.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Sady no Core i7 9x0's are Sandybridge compatible. Neither are any LGA 1366 or LGA 1156 motherboards. Pretty much, Sandybridge only has compatibility with itself and nothing else.
    Intel Nazi's making you buy their own products. :S
    I HAVE A DREAM...
    THAT ONE DAY...
    MY NVIDIA AND MY ATI...
    WILL ONE DAY, HAND IN HAND
    RENDER WORLD OF WARCRAFT
    IN TANDEM!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Intel Nazi's making you buy their own products. :S
    I HAVE A DREAM...
    THAT ONE DAY...
    MY NVIDIA AND MY ATI...
    WILL ONE DAY, HAND IN HAND
    RENDER WORLD OF WARCRAFT
    IN TANDEM!
    Haha yep.. In 2 years there'll be a new Socket to replace LGA 1155 and LGA 2011.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

How about a Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD5 MB, Intel P67 Motherboard with a INTEL CORE i7 2600 3.40Ghz CPU?

Deleted
    That Gigabyte board looks good and it's good quality, but the price/value is a bit off. With an Asus/MSI/Asrock board you get more features for less money.
    Also I'd choose the 2500k over the 2600, if you play mostly Wow or games in general with it. The Hyperthreading of the 2600 is pretty much useless for games, but nice for multithreaded application for rendering for example.

2500K is about the best thing you can get for WoW. In testing it even beats Intel's 980x, which was a $1000 CPU a few weeks ago now I think it is down to about $800 but still at only $200 you can have more performance in WoW than anything else out there. I have one and I run mine at 5GHz for daily use and can go up to 5.4GHz if I want but gets a little hot since this is all on a $30 air cooler.

If you do other stuff besides play games like rendering HD video or 3D images, than the 2600K will be better all around but just for games the 2500K is extremely good for the price. I got my CPU and motherboard on the release day from MicroCenter for $368.03 after tax (CPU was $179.99 and motherboard was $189.99 then a $30 combo discount)

I would go with a 2500K and an ASUS P8P67 Pro motherboard. Gigabyte is good too but as of right now they haven't even finalized their UEFI BIOS (the one you can use your mouse in) so they are a bit behind all the other manufacturers at the moment.

If you live close to a MicroCenter you should at least buy the CPU there. They have the best CPU deals period. What they do is sell their CPU's below the cost of what they pay so that you get to the store and hopefully drop a ton more money on the rest of the parts there. There is no rule that you have to buy something else than the CPU though, so if you can resist that temptation just go in the store and get one for a super cheap price.

Unfortunately they aren't as cheap as they were right after the release but they are still $199 for the 2500k and $299 for the 2600k, which are about $40 below everyone else.
    Last edited by noremac; 2011-02-26 at 11:42 AM.

Deleted
    4 disk raid0 array... i would not trust that even for data i have 5 backup copys off...
    one defect disk and pretty much all the data is killed. looking at 7 different harddrives i have here, 2 to 4 years old, not a single one is 100% error-free. granted, most of them only have 1-5 defect sectors that got replaced with spare ones and still work, but anyway, defect sector is defect sector.

/e overall, that system is not balanced in any way. "cheap" cpu, overloaded with way too much gpu power and a harddrive configuration noone with good knowledge should recommend. no brand name / detailed specification on a 1kw psu also is a big no-no.
    Last edited by mmoc4534f26b63; 2011-02-26 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noremac View Post
    2500K is about the best thing you can get for WoW. In testing it even beats Intel's 980x, which was a $1000 CPU a few weeks ago now I think it is down to about $800 but still at only $200 you can have more performance in WoW than anything else out there. I have one and I run mine at 5GHz for daily use and can go up to 5.4GHz if I want but gets a little hot since this is all on a $30 air cooler.

If you do other stuff besides play games like rendering HD video or 3D images, than the 2600K will be better all around but just for games the 2500K is extremely good for the price. I got my CPU and motherboard on the release day from MicroCenter for $368.03 after tax (CPU was $179.99 and motherboard was $189.99 then a $30 combo discount)

I would go with a 2500K and an ASUS P8P67 Pro motherboard. Gigabyte is good too but as of right now they haven't even finalized their UEFI BIOS (the one you can use your mouse in) so they are a bit behind all the other manufacturers at the moment.

If you live close to a MicroCenter you should at least buy the CPU there. They have the best CPU deals period. What they do is sell their CPU's below the cost of what they pay so that you get to the store and hopefully drop a ton more money on the rest of the parts there. There is no rule that you have to buy something else than the CPU though, so if you can resist that temptation just go in the store and get one for a super cheap price.

Unfortunately they aren't as cheap as they were right after the release but they are still $199 for the 2500k and $299 for the 2600k, which are about $40 below everyone else.
    ASUS P8P67-DELUXE Intel P67 Chipset DDR3 2200Mhz (OC 32GB MAX) Quad-GPU SLI / CrossFireX Support is this the motherboard you were talking about? Or was it this one ASUS P8P67-M Intel P67 Chipset DDR3 2200Mhz (OC 32GB MAX) MICRO ATX 8Ch. HDAudio SATA3 USB 3.0 Because I want to use SLI

Neither, the P8P67 Pro is the one I was talking about.

There are a bunch of different ones:
    P8P67 (and the P8P67-M for mATX)
    P8P67 LE
    P8P67 Pro (and the P8P67-M for mATX)
    P8P67 Evo
    P8P67 Deluxe

Here is a chart comparing all of them:
    http://www.silentpcreview.com/asus-p8p67pro

Basically you don't gain all much going from the Pro to the Deluxe so that is why I recommend going with the Pro. But if you need some of those features on the Deluxe then you should get whatever has the features you need... but I wouldn't get a Micro-ATX board if you want the greatest expansion options with your PC.