Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ridiculous RNG for dungeons

Has this happened to anyone else/can it be fixed?

We qued with 2 warrior dps, a rogue, a priest healer and a warrior tank.

We got HoO, which is pretty much impossible with that much MDPS and that little CC, so we wait the 15 mins to reque and we get HoO again. So we wait another 15mins. HoO. We wait ANOTHER 15, now at an hour of just waiting for the dungeon reque timer to go away to get HoO for a fourth time before we finally gave up and played other toons.

It's impossible to do with that much melee dps? I don't know about you but now days we zerg heroics like the wrath days now. It's not that hard. Between the warriors and the rogue you should be able to interrupt anything that can do any real damage. You have 1 reliable cc, that's sap, that's all you need.

Instead of complaining about RNG why not try to do the challenge in front of you instead of running away cause you "think" it's too hard.

HoO is doable with this setup. CC or interrupt the AoE properly and melees won't take a lot of damage.

It can be done with good DPS and LoS and a tank who knows how to time CDs. With 2 DPS warriors you should be able to interrupt and stun. Rogue can CC one with sap and the tank can Spell reflect, shield bash conc blow. This is very doable with that group

Sap is one of the best CCs

Too much MDPS? lol just zergfest it. you'll be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who CCs anymore? I can pretty much tank and kill everything before it gets to me using combustion.

That group composition makes me sad, but I don't understand the negativity on the LFG part. You guys chose to queue with a bad comp, LFG didn't stick the bad comp together. I'm fairly sure the heroic itself is random, the players are what it tries to match you with. Queuing with a bad comp bypassed the player matching aspect and then it was off to your random dungeon.

You queued purposefully with that comp? Not the game's problem. ((though I admit that getting H HoO 3 times is a row is terrible luck.))

Our healer was pulling 13k HPS and couldnt keep us up because of the Fire guy's aura

Deleted
    I could maybe see why HoO would be bad with 0 CC but you have 1 reliable cc, a completely insane amount of interrupts (if any caster managed to get any spell off I would be surprised) and an instance where over half the bosses are skippable.

What heroic would you have prefered?
    If you won't do HoO then I guess you won't do GB because thats the heroic with the hardest trash, I guess you won't do VP as there are a few large groups that hurt melee quite alot while not using CC, DM has some large groups, The first few packs in SC are quite hard to heal and the first boss is stupid with no ranged, the beam boss in BRC could be annoying with that many melee. All just extremely quick examples off the top of my head.

---------- Post added 2011-03-07 at 12:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lKaosll View Post
    Our healer was pulling 13k HPS and couldnt keep us up because of the Fire guy's aura
    Get him to dispel it.

Deleted
    You had a priest healer, the aura is no problem when you've got a offencive dispeller with ya.

You sap one and LoS the other 2 at the door. You kill them before big dude runs at you. Then all of you can stun interrput and burn him. It really isn't hard. Tank should know to LoS that pull

As the above poster said, the fire aura is dispellable, and that aura is the only dangerous thing about that trash. You happen to have one of the 2 healers with an offensive dispel.

You had a warrior tank, who uses Shield Slam as their top priority. It dispels a magic effect.

like some ppl said. nowadays you just run through an instance and kill everything that is in your sight. imo the classes are good since its easy to interrupt things. but really no hc dungeon is a problem at all regardless of the classes.
    every class has its abilities to make your and your group members life easier.

Has this happened to anyone else/can it be fixed?

We qued with 2 warrior dps, a rogue, a priest healer and a warrior tank.

We got HoO, which is pretty much impossible with that much MDPS and that little CC, so we wait the 15 mins to reque and we get HoO again. So we wait another 15mins. HoO. We wait ANOTHER 15, now at an hour of just waiting for the dungeon reque timer to go away to get HoO for a fourth time before we finally gave up and played other toons.
    If you can't do HoO with that group you are either all very very bad at the game or seriously underkitted, I would say the first one tbh.
    There must be no retirement with our backs to the wall, And believing in the justice of our cause, Each one of us must fight on to the end.

We determine the guilty, We decide the punishment.

interrupting is serious business.

HoO is very doable with this comp.
    You have 1 perfectly viable CC and a TON of interrupts. There is absolutely nothing that murders melee comps with no counter to it.

Unless of course you can not dispell by the two means you have, none of you four can interrupt, rogue can't sap, etc etc.
    But then again, if you are so bad, L2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose View Post
    If you can't do HoO with that group you are either all very very bad at the game or seriously underkitted, I would say the first one tbh.
    Can you explain why you come and insult people? Maybe offer advice. Does it make you feel good that you might be better at a video game than someone? You feel better insulting them? Really sad

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Can you explain why you come and insult people? Maybe offer advice. Does it make you feel good that you might be better at a video game than someone? You feel better insulting them? Really sad
    Because there isn't any advice to offer on topic except L2P. They got creamed by an easily avoidable aoe.