Deleted

Concerns about Holy trinkets

Hello fellow players!
    I recently acquired Jar of ancient Remedies from maloriak normal, and replaced my Vibrant Alchemist stone.
    My second trinket is the Valor one.
    Now is my concerns, is the Jar a upgrade?
    ty in advance
    Sarrkra
    Last edited by mmoce3dc0c7301; 2011-02-26 at 09:44 AM.

Yes and no.
    Jar will increase your mana regen and Vibrant Alchemy Stone increases your healing output. Its a different kind of trinket.
    But anyway, Vibrant Alchemy Stone is far better then any of nonheroic trinkets for holy pala with +haste and +intellect +potion effect and its a crime to not use him!
    Last edited by Atris; 2011-02-26 at 10:11 AM.

In my opinion is the trinket from Maloriak shit for holy paladins since int is a much better stat than spirit. Secondly, the trinket from alchemy is quite good or that is an understatement - It is brilliant use it ! Only way I would replace my alch trinket with Jar would be if Jar was 372 and then it still would hardly be an upgrade.

use vibrant + jar
    there is "bis" list in elitistjerks for trinkets
    http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110847-...7/#post1861488
    enjoy farming that doll

I use Jar + Core and have no issues with mana or healing at all in 25 mans.
    Araceli - Cenarion Circle

Speaking from a Holy Priest perspective I just can't give up the +321 intellect. It's too much. I use Fall of Mortality and Core of Ripeness.

I've always found that healers should have 2 sets of trinkets. A regen set, and a throughput set. If you know your mana isn't an issue, than gear for throughput. If it is, gear for regen.

You can have all the regen in the world, but if you're ending a fight at 90% mana they are wasted stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokchoii View Post
    I've always found that healers should have 2 sets of trinkets. A regen set, and a throughput set. If you know your mana isn't an issue, than gear for throughput. If it is, gear for regen.

You can have all the regen in the world, but if you're ending a fight at 90% mana they are wasted stats.
    Never had the situation during progress where i would chose throughput over regen. Regen is in fact throughput too. More regen = more divine lights = more throughput.

Farm bosses are another topic. But who cares about those anyway? Chose what is fun for you there.

I have both the jar from maloriak and Fall of mortality from Cho'gall and i have no issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Never had the situation during progress where i would chose throughput over regen. Regen is in fact throughput too. More regen = more divine lights = more throughput.

Farm bosses are another topic. But who cares about those anyway? Chose what is fun for you there.
    But again, more int=more mana= more replenishment income?

Your throughput is based on a change in healing style. Imagine you had the same healing style and still ended the fight with 90% mana. There are many instances where raw numbers are needed, especially if you would be casting the same spells regardless of what trinket is equipped. Especially in this tier of raiding with -burst healing- times.

Regardless, the different between trinkets if very small for most purposes. Unless you are on cutting edge content, trying to squeeze each hps out that you possibly can. Go with whatever you feel more comfortable with.

Regardless, the different between trinkets if very small for most purposes. Unless you are on cutting edge content, trying to squeeze each hps out that you possibly can. Go with whatever you feel more comfortable with.
    This is the best tip one can give. During progress you can experiment with your trinkets and see which in the end is the best for your playstyle on a specific encounter.
    For me it was mostly the combination with the most regen. For others it may be a throughput combination.

Your throughput is based on a change in healing style. Imagine you had the same healing style and still ended the fight with 90% mana.
    Still im talking about progress. In progress you dont end the fights. If you do end it and still got 90% mana left its because other healers carried you and not because you "wasted" itemisation into manareg.
    Also when was the last time you ended a firstkill with 90% mana?

Quote Originally Posted by Holyshit View Post
    But again, more int=more mana= more replenishment income?
    This is true but still there are trinkets without int on them that produce more manaregen. Thats what i was referring to.
    Last edited by Culexus; 2011-02-26 at 12:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is true but still there are trinkets without int on them that produce more manaregen. Thats what i was referring to.
    They are pretty rare, honestly. Intellect is such an amazing stat for us because it almost gives as much mana regen as Spirit does, plus it gives spell power, plus it gives crit, plus it scales better.

Honestly, I passed the Jar that dropped to our Holy Priest. I have DMC: T and Core of Ripeness, and while Jar is a slight upgrade over the Core, it's not worth taking it from somebody who has a higher value from Spirit (60% in-combat regen vs 50%).

The answer to the OP's question though is no, the Alchemist Stone is better than the Jar (regular).

What you want at a 359 level is Tyrandes + Alchemist Stone (or DMC: T if you aren't an alchemist). The Jar would be a close fourth if you for some reason can't get better trinkets.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-02-26 at 11:00 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account

I would agree on this in WotLK too, but not in Cataclysm. The more regeneration you have, the more Divine Light you can also cast = more output. Instead, compare the trinkets and see what they bring to the table.

Regen helps heaps on progression content.

I remember doing ICC HMs (playing a priest) and using Spark of Hope purely because it was the highest regen trinket in game at the time.

More often than not your wipes on progression content will be an issue of people stuffing up, standing in the wrong position, not interrupting etc. You're better off being able to heal for longer than having slightly higher throughput which will probably be wasted as over heal. Doll/H:Jar is an excellent combo for regen.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokal View Post
    use vibrant + jar
    there is "bis" list in elitistjerks for trinkets
    http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110847-...7/#post1861488
    enjoy farming that doll
    I was about to link this. Thanks for doing it for me :P

TL;DR Vibrant Alchemist is BiS except for H Jar (just barely), Tyrande's and Shard of Woe. Even if you can only use the Alchemy trinket with Mythical Mana Potions (and you should be using it with Concentration), it still outperforms Core. So like Mokal said, Jar/Vibrant. gogo!

Like Simca said, if you have the time and inclination to farm for Tyrande's, your best bet is Tyrande's/Vibrant.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-02-27 at 11:40 AM.