Heroic Maloriak - Green Phase

Alright my guild has been trying to since wed. We have all phases down packed becides green phase when needing to burn the adds down. It is mostlikly just dps issuse AOEin the adds withen the 15 second window with the slime buff up but i just wanted to see if anyone els had the same issuses and how to over come it.

Raid Makeup.

Tanks-
    Druidbear-maloriak
    protwarr- adds

Heals-
    Hpally
    Hpriest
    Dpriest

Dps-
    Moonkin
    Hunter
    Elesham
    Mage
    Rogue

Just to add this is when we do 9/9 2 phase of green strat obv. so we get 1 set of adds in the first phase after shadow phase. Then 2 in the next before green. Having the last adds come out right around 10 seconds left before it. Then 5 seconds before green i get my raid to switch to the adds early but they just dont die within the timeframe.

Also do you guys know if maloriak is tanked ontop of the adds during green does anything?

Do you have any logs of the tries?

Deleted
    Well, the AoE should be fine, looking at your DPS set-up, so I dunno what is wrong with that. Maloriak being tanked on top of adds can cause a few issues, as there is a bug right now, where if an add dies he gets a loooooot of stacks even with green stuff up. Time that with arcane storm.. ya dead. Other than that, you might 'swell tank him on top of the adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo locks, Fire mages, problem solved

Maloriak can be tanked on top of the adds until the green phase (=the slime debuff on adds) fades. By the time the debuff fades Maloriak has to be moved out of the pack or your tank gets 1-2 shot.

You didn't state weither this is 10 or 25m, I might be attempting 10m today, but for our 25m we usually don't have the adds down before the slime debuff fades, we have to keep aoeing for a few more seconds after the debuff fades. This isn't the end of the world, you just have to make sure they die before the black phase starts. Additionally you have to make sure to not let adds spawm during green phase or you are screwed.

Basically, if there's 9 adds in green phase and they don't die before the black phase starts (especially if you tell them to switch a bit early) then it's just a dps issue. We have melee pile up on the boss before he jumps back as that knocks them back aswell.
    Last edited by Xcuse; 2011-02-26 at 01:14 PM.

he gets the +dmgdealt and -dmgtaken buff from the adds. therefore you should always pull him out since it is sometimes bugged and he receives the stacks way to early and 1shots the tank.
    if you are not facing any bossdmg issues just start dmging the adds before the green phase starts. spreadings dots etc etc. also it's not that much of a problem if you kill the rest of the lowhp adds after the green phase. dmg should not be an issue. yu should still just get 2 shadow phases etc

are you sure your rogue is interupting the last Abberitions after the green phase begins? Out of my raid group I am the lowest AoE so I make sure I get that and then FoK spam after, but if everyong in your raid group is focused on AoE maybe its getting missed? Just a thought.

The MT is getting the Add cast and my ele shammy is getting arcane.

Edit:Its not going threw.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    We do tend to stack the adds on top of maloriak but if you're having trouble this isnt going to help. Make sure you open with your AoE abilities as fast as possible, keep your rogue on maloriak to kick incoming abberations. Have your boomkin place some mushrooms pre-cast before the green phase to help with dps. Other than that 'just AoE' is my best suggestion. I'm a unholy DK and our add tank is usually a prot paladin, and we can pretty much take out half the health of the adds by ourselves. Caster AoE is not that strong anymore, though your hunter and rogue should be able to pull out quite some damage. Also make sure your prot warrior tries to get the adds as low as possible during phase 1 and 2. They do still take damage even though its reduced. Every % helps.

Bring the player, not the shaman.
    Problem solved.

Deleted
    Our guild was having some minor issues with the 9/9 tactic (mostly with the tank damage rather than the DPS). The best way we found of dealing with this is killing the first 3 adds that spawn (single-target, one by one) so that you only need to kill 6 in the green phase. Make sure you have the gap between the first 3 and the last 6 though else you might find you won't have enough time to kill them before the next lot come. We had no problems with DPS on the boss either, we found we were killing him too quick most of the time anyway.

Hope this helps.

Have your save their aoe DPS CD's for the green phase:

Make sure boomkin has starfall up
    Get your Ele Shaman to take the CL glyph, and make sure they drop magma totem and uses fire nova in combination with glyphed CL(each CL should hopefully generate enough LS charges for a good fulmination proc)
    Make sure your Mage is fire and uses all his AoE spells, even have him pre-LB some adds before the green phase starts.
    One of the hunter specs has better AoE than others iirc, maybe have them spec that if AoE is such a big problem.
    Not sure about rogues, make sure they have poison on their throwing weapon.

We usually have:
    Hunter
    Mage
    Ele Shaman
    Rogue
    Fury Warrior or Retri Pally

on our kills and our AoE is never a problem in either phase(black or green)

Ima add anyone know the exact HP for the adds on tenman?