Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    atiesh is gone so who cares

oh and that prick medan has it!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, every caster has the right to this now.

Before Cataclysm, Shaman got shield enchants so they had a slight reason to want 1h + Shield over Staves. Now, 1h + Shield = 1h + Offhand every day of the week due to Blizzard smartly introducing Enchant Offhand - Superior Intellect.

Result: Staves hold the same value for all caster classes. Offhands are MORE available than shields (See T11 loot, 1 shield, 2 offhands).

People need to stop being silly and start living in 2011 instead of 2009.

Edit: Forgot, there is only 1 shield in T11
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-02-26 at 08:34 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

Before Cataclysm, Shaman got shield enchants so they had a slight reason to want 1h + Shield over Staves. Now, 1h + Shield = 1h + Offhand every day of the week due to Blizzard smartly introducing Enchant Offhand - Superior Intellect.

Result: Staves hold the same value for all caster classes. Offhands are just as available as shields (See T11 loot, 2 shields, 2 offhands).

As if your post weren't proof enough, I had at one point made a post on the official forums about the +100 intellect off-hand enchant being so strong that it invalidated most staves (given a staff vs. MH+OH of equal level, the enchant meant the MH+OH would always win, short version). I can't say that my post alone convinced them, but they did in fact nerf that enchant from +100 to +40, indicating both that they want off-hands and shields to be equally powerful, and that they want staves to be viable weapon choices.

(Of course, my suggestion was not to nerf the off-hand enchant, but to add a new 2H weapon enchant that duplicated the effects of power torrent but also added static intellect, to match the two enchantments you'd get from a MH+OH pairing (something on the order of +90 int for the 2H version, since the 2H weapons seem to have a few more stat points than the MH+OH pairing), but that's beside the point).

10+ Year Old Account
    Man... this thing looks stupid. Out of all the things blizzard could come up with... this is what I've been waiting for? This looks no different from any other staff. Hell, this looks like it should drop off trash in BWD....

I'm highly unimpressed with this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    shamans can equip staves
    didnt say they couldnt, but chances are they will be the lowest priority for it not just cause they are meant to equip one handers and shields but the fact that they really arent in a good place atm
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the shaft should be longer.

I know I know, that's what SHE said...
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Stood in the Fire Doctor Deanster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0oglitcho0 View Post
    Man... this thing looks stupid. Out of all the things blizzard could come up with... this is what I've been waiting for? This looks no different from any other staff. Hell, this looks like it should drop off trash in BWD....

I'm highly unimpressed with this...
    What else could they come up with? its either floaty things around a stick or look like a level 1 grey item.

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    didnt say they couldnt, but chances are they will be the lowest priority for it not just cause they are meant to equip one handers and shields but the fact that they really arent in a good place atm
    elemental is actually in a really good spot atm, and is one of (if not the best) scaling spec. So I really don't see any reason why shamans should be in the bottom of the pile so to speak.

I think it looks great and can't wait to see where it's actually from. really hope there will be more than just firelands in 4.1 CoT would be awesome and I think with the timeless eye it would make sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    Elemental is right in the middle of the pack. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Sure, it's not Shadow or Balance, but Elemental's scaling stats look to be pretty good.

balance druids in vanilla? non-existent.

Deleted
    Any chance we could stay on topic? The staff certainly does look interesting and with the proposal that both the Timeless Eye and "Fire Orbs" may be required, could it be likely that we will be seeing both CoT and Firelands in 4.1? Any other signs of this when hunting for the staff?

Interesting information, thanks !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

Result: Staves hold the same value for all caster classes. Offhands are MORE available than shields (See T11 loot, 1 shield, 2 offhands).

Edit: Forgot, there is only 1 shield in T11
    There is also one crafted shield available, however, that is arguably better than Kingdom's Heart. There is no heroic version of said shield, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    There is also one crafted shield available, however, that is arguably better than Kingdom's Heart. There is no heroic version of said shield, though.
    Well, it's not better than Kingdom's Heart heroic (especially not for Elemental Shaman), so yeah, it's pretty comparable.

Even if in T12 there are 2 shields and 2 offhands (or more likely, 1 shield and 1 offhand), it will still be fair dibs to all caster DPS unless the proc is really poorly designed and benefits one spec 100x more than others.

It will likely go to a long-time, consistent, and reliable member of the guild that does good [caster] dps. Spec will probably play even less of a role in who gets it than it did with Valy.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatela View Post
    Any chance we could stay on topic? The staff certainly does look interesting and with the proposal that both the Timeless Eye and "Fire Orbs" may be required, could it be likely that we will be seeing both CoT and Firelands in 4.1? Any other signs of this when hunting for the staff?
    Fire orbs could possibly be tier 12's Chaos orbs. Shadowmourne required 25 Primordial Saronite, tier 10's "orb".

However, certain legendaries in the passed have required acquiring mats from 2 different raids.

Atiesh required the headpiece from AQ and the shaft fragments from Naxxramas
    Thunderfury required the bindings from Molten Core and Elementium Ore from BWL.

Could go either way on this one. Unless i missed a detail and it clearly says which method is to be used.

-Fire orbs as a craftable consumable (vortexes, orbs, primodial saronite)
    -Fire orbs as a item farmed from one raid while other parts of the staff are from another raid.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

It's possible the formation of this Staff could take a while, like a few major patches.

For example you obtain the beginning quests and pieces in the Firelands tier that forms an epic quality staff and the continuing quests and items will be obtained from future major content patches and raids like CoT: WotA.

This is a complete guess of course but would fit with the current information and would solve the issue that was had with Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings and having to increase its item level to keep it in line with the next tier of content.

That staff is obviously a hunter staff.

Anyways, nice work and cool beans...looks pretty neat IMO.

Deleted
    looks good but why the fuck isnt it longer ? ...

Quote Originally Posted by Psychomantis View Post
    It's possible the formation of this Staff could take a while, like a few major patches.

For example you obtain the beginning quests and pieces in the Firelands tier that forms an epic quality staff and the continuing quests and items will be obtained from future major content patches and raids like CoT: WotA.

This is a complete guess of course but would fit with the current information and would solve the issue that was had with Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings and having to increase its item level to keep it in line with the next tier of content.
    Sounds like a cool idea, but would it mean it wouldnt become legendary until deathwing raid?