Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wtb This on front page plz when u get a go from Blizz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galive View Post
    Wtb This on front page plz when u get a go from Blizz
    A go from Blizz isn't needed, it's just not 100% that this weapon is the legendary yet.
    Last edited by mmoc96cf7f675f; 2011-02-27 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Honestly, the staff doesn't look that great. The simplicity of Atiesh is what made it so legendary to me. That just looks like another Twilight's Hammer themed staff.
    It's definitely a Ragnaros themed staff. Compare it to Sulfuron Spire.

Awesome job. The staff doesnt look that legendary though. I reckon this is going to be a caster DPS staff, since they said something along the lines of not giving Legendaries to Tanks or Healers cause of them being the minority of the raid, but its only speculations. Hope for an awesome chain for that.
    As of the stages of the Staff, i think a pretty good idea would be to make each stage of the staff a higher ilvl weapon, for example:
    Stage 1 - Firelands tier ilvl
    Stage 2 - 4.2 raid tier ilvl
    Stage 3 - 4.3 raid ilvl.
    They could just add another quests to the new raids, (quest for stage 2 would involve doing things in 4.2 raid), that way they wouldnt become obsolete, and it would keep some guilds raiding the old content. The downside of that is that these quests would need to be very hard to prevent everyone from having this weapon for the last raiding tier.
    Last edited by Sahagin; 2011-02-27 at 03:08 PM.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    totally a hunter loot

Deleted
    It's always the freaking wars, retardins, dick knights, and casters that get legendary weapons.
    Let's not forget the TF which was used by rouges and COULD have been used by huntards aswell.
    And ofc that bow for huntard....

User was infracted for this post. - Simca
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-02-27 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahagin View Post
    Awesome job. The staff doesnt look that legendary though. I reckon this is going to be a caster DPS staff, since they said something along the lines of not giving Legendaries to Tanks or Healers cause of them being the minority of the raid, but its only speculations. Hope for an awesome chain for that.
    As of the stages of the Staff, i think a pretty good idea would be to make each stage of the staff a higher ilvl weapon, for example:
    Stage 1 - Firelands tier ilvl
    Stage 2 - 4.2 raid tier ilvl
    Stage 3 - 4.3 raid ilvl.
    They could just add another quests to the new raids, (quest for stage 2 would involve doing things in 4.2 raid), that way they wouldnt become obsolete, and it would keep some guilds raiding the old content. The downside of that is that these quests would need to be very hard to prevent everyone from having this weapon for the last raiding tier.
    They already said that the next Legendary would be for Caster DPS no point to discuss that.
    Stage 1 is propably a Epic version like Shadow's Edge.. There goes all my gold!
    Last edited by Nirron; 2011-02-27 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d44n86 View Post
    It's always the freaking wars, retardins, dick knights, and casters that get legendary weapons.
    Let's not forget the TF which was used by rouges and COULD have been used by huntards aswell.
    And ofc that bow for huntard....
    Twin blades from illidan ?? ofc its not Rouge legendarys at all ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that's not the legendary. I mean, its still a neat-looking staff, but I am holding out in the hopes that our Legendary will be a little more impressive = /

If there are 3 models to this staff, it makes me wonder if they are going the same way they did with Smourne, Giving a decent epic item , then an even better item , then the legendary in this case.

Or if the looks will just play a part in some RP in a quest where they forge / craft it.
    The first rule of Starfall is, You don't talk about Starfall!

Deleted
    Starting to get the hang of this model stuff.

Here are all 3 phases side by side.

The first phase obviously doesn't have a skin at the moment.

For a comparison here are some other staves from the tier:

Last edited by mmoc96cf7f675f; 2011-02-27 at 06:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dpswhore View Post
    Starting to get the hang of this model stuff.

Here are all 3 phases side by side.

The first phase obviously doesn't have a skin at the moment.
    ]
    I'm guessing the first one is just the second without the metal bits :P

also, I just noticed the writing on the third lights up, that's a nice touch :P

edit: looking at the other staves youve just done, I'm guessing theyre based on hyjal and the caverns of time, I have no idea why, they just look like they are.
    youre amazing at this BTW :P keep up the good work
    Last edited by mmoc41ce4810a1; 2011-02-27 at 06:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't read through the entire topic, but how do you go about this? Is it just getting the mesh and textures via datamining and then joining them in a program like 3ds Max?

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    Well if it's a staff, there's only three things it can be: Caster DPS, Caster Heals, and Hunter/Feral DPS. Being that we just had a Healer legendary in the last expac, I don't expect us to see one in this one.

Of course, they could go the way of Atiesh and offer several choices of itemization for all three.
    its already confirmed to be a caster legendary so far i know why would they make a staff for hunter and feral spec seems a waiste if its only ment for 4specs and not 2-4classes

Deleted

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaro View Post
    That's why I was hoping for a sword
    Exactly My thoughts too.

When I first learned that there would be a caster dps legendary, I leaped for joy. But.... seeing as it is caster staff legendary, it's assumed to be aimed at locks, mages, spriest, boomkin. No guild in their right mind would give it to an elemental shaman =(
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Seems to me that the weapon could start off in an alternate raid, and later be upgraded in the Firelands raid. All this wood makes me think of Hyjal and the Night Elves, though, so perhaps its simple roots (hah) begin with the Guardians of Hyjal and lead up to the empowering of the staff in the raid against Ragnaros.

Also, hunter weapon.

Deleted
    Boub needs to post this on front page!

btw, awesome datamining!

Deleted
    i still think blizz forgot the most waited and asked for mage upgrade in cata: let us dual wield staffs !!!! then gimme 2 of these ^_^