Looking for a new console game...

So two years ago, after graduation, a friend of mine went to grad school 700 miles away and I got a job in the town where our university was. We've been using WoW to keep in touch but both of us have gotten somewhat burned out. Now we're looking for something new to play. We both have PS3s, 360s, and pretty decent computers (quad cores, 8+GB RAM, ect.). Our preference is really PS3 primarily, 360 next, and PC last.

Here's the catch, though: I don't really care for FPS and he wants to avoid strategy games. I think we're looking for an action or adventure game, a dungeon crawler would be great, but not really a pure MMO environment. I've looked at Dungeon Hunter: Alliance, but I can't find a reliable release date. Does anyone have any suggestions? We'll purchase software (up to $60, if necessary) and don't really mind paying a monthly fee if it's a good game. Thanks for any help!

Have you guys considered DC Universe Online? I know its an MMO, but its pretty damn fun. Look up some videos =D

I'm trying to think of a newer dungeon crawler with multiplayer capabilities that DOESN'T suck, but its kind of hard.

I think what you want is something along the lines of an action rpg. You could try Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. I really wish they would make a new version of Balder's Gate Dark Alliance, or Gauntlet Legends. That was some real fun co-op.

DCUO is tempting to start but I was waiting on a little more content and a few on the console-based lag bugs to be fixed. I hear it can be somewhat slow on PS3. Is that true?

Ultimate Alliance 2 looks awesome. I didn't realize it was online... Does it play well? I do remember some great times in Gauntlet Legends. One of the few games I bought on both Dreamcast and PS2.

Thanks for both the suggestions. Anyone else?

http://www.co-optimus.com/game/1096/...lliance-2.html

It should be able to be played co-op online or on the couch, at least that's what it says according to co-optimus.com.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Red Dead Redemption is a whole lot of fun and It's even better with a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashpotaters View Post
    Balder's Gate Dark Alliance
    Maybe one day.
    At the same time, the company will leverage its portfolio of gaming properties by creating sequels to some of its most successful games, including Earthworm Jim, Dark Alliance, Descent, and MDK.
    An Interplay representative confirmed for GameSpot that the company owns the Dark Alliance name, and can continue to make fantasy role-playing games under that banner so long as they don't use the Dungeons & Dragons license, which includes the Forgotten Realms world and the Baldur's Gate name.

Deleted
    Torchlight is coming to 360 in two weeks which is a coop dungeon crawler.

Quote Originally Posted by coldstrife View Post
    Torchlight is coming to 360 in two weeks which is a coop dungeon crawler.
    Wiki says 1 player? Confirmation?

I just picked up Magicka on steam
    1-4 player kinda like... well watch this:

Hilarious fun for $10

Magicka is an awesome choice for PC

For dungeon crawlers / Diablo type games:
    Titan's Quest (PC),
    Sacred 2(360 / PS3 - this is personally one of my favorites. It has a few quirks but is a lot of fun and cheap now. Just takes a couple hours to get use to all the controls. Map is HUGE, it took me about 80 hours because I did all the side quests I could find)
    Arkadian Heroes - (360 Arcade, simple but it was still fun)

There's also Borderlands, which is FPS / RPG and a lot of fun to go looting

And of course, co-optimus is a great source to find co-op games
    Last edited by Katsumic; 2011-02-28 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AshaNeOmah View Post
    Wiki says 1 player? Confirmation?
    Should be one player I think.

Torchlight 2 will have coop and online play, but it has been delayed because of Torchlight 1's port to the Xbox 360.