Deleted

The art and music of WOTLK

When I look back at WOTLK I realise just how great the art and music of the expansion was. It might be nostalgia but I dont think Blizzard is likely to top Northrend on a artistic level. Maybe they spent so much time on 70-80 that they had no time left to create raids and that is why we got Naxx/ToC. The only thing I dont miss is Dalaran.

Deleted
    I actually agree. When I first read your post I was like "eww, northrend SUUUUCKS" but It really doesnt.
    I remember the feeling when I first jumped on that boat, and we sailed into Borean Tundra and when I started leveling, everything felt so epic. So you're right.

I must agree. It was an amazing place to level. My favorite music pieces have to be riding on the boat to Northrend, when you enter Grizzly Hills, and Wintergrasp when it wasn't being fought over.

I enjoyed Northrend enough, but to be blatently honest, I could not stand Icecrown. I dreaded flying there for dailies and hearing the music... I can still hear it... BUH DUH DUH DUHM DUH DUH. BUH DUH DUH DUHM DUH DUH. /organ soloooooo. BUH DUH DUH DUHM DUH DUH. BUH DUH DUHM DUH DUH.

ToC actually had the best music in the whole expansion though, dead serious:

Deleted
    Maybe because it was the first (and currently last) time that Derek Duke turned off his boring mode.
    But to be honest putting players to Boring (pardon Borean) Tundra was a huge mistake, that was absolutely worst zone in whole expansion.
    Lucky guys who began with Howling Fjord.

Deleted
    I enjoyed Northrend enough, but to be blatently honest, I could not stand Icecrown. I dreaded flying there for dailies and hearing the music... I can still hear it... BUH DUH DUH DUHM DUH DUH. BUH DUH DUH DUHM DUH DUH. /organ soloooooo. BUH DUH DUH DUHM DUH DUH. BUH DUH DUHM DUH DUH.
    I think they had no idea what to do with Icecrown, it had to be desolate and scary and they ended up with a sort of Mordor imitation. The old WC3 frozen throne was much cooler but would not make much of a raid.

I agree. Every Northrend zone had its own soul.

And I loved doing ToC just because of the music, it was entertaining to fight for the crusade and shit. I'm one of the few people who actually liked that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight View Post
    Cataclysm has yet to hit the same high as Wrath musically, Northrend audio was so damn atmospheric, wheras a lot of Cata is rehashes of the vanilla music.
    I agree... I loved the musically parts of wrath!

Also I loved both howling fjord and grizzly hills! The rest was.... awfull imo.

Deleted
    I loved Howling Fyord. It was the first Northrend zone I saw back in the beta. The music just blew me away (got onto the zepp, and BAM the beautiful violin solo assaulted me), and I loved it visually. Grizzly Hills too was one of my all-time favourites. Oh, and the beautiful forest in Dragonblight... <3

As for Cata, I like the changes. Seeing the crack in the middle of the Barrens, hearing the new Night Elf music... damn.

But you must consider one thing. Cata's largely built on pre-existing zones. There are parts that have barely been changed. It's quite different from an entirely new continent.

Deleted
    When I first entered Northrend I was amazed. Design and music was awesome, but after visiting all the zones I had only counted four colours: Blue, White, Brown and Green. Epic stuff.