Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Raiding without a paladin

As our holy paladin just faction changed, I am wondering what the odds are of successful progression without a holy paladin (if we can't find a replacement)?

EDIT: this is 10 man.
    Last edited by Sharissa; 2011-02-27 at 05:07 AM.

Get a equally skilled healer, and he can heal you. The holy pala is not mandatory for progression. We run Hpala Hpriest RShaman in our setup, but the other team runs RDruid Rshaman and HPriest, and they have equal progression to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharissa View Post
    As our holy paladin just faction changed, I am wondering what the odds are of successful progression without a holy paladin (if we can't find a replacement)?

Don't see why you couldn't do much without a Holy Paladin, given I don't have much experience with the current tier of raiding(4/12 normal so far) but the only fight we've done with a holy paladin was Magmaw and I'm sure we could have done that without one.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are truly concerned about such a minor setback i would say not very high.
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod

15+ Year Old Account
    I can see a disc priest being a good replace for a pally,a resto druid specced nourish would be okayish too.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Normal mode will be fine.

INB4 bring the player not the class.

Holy Pallies are just easy to play, that's why they fit in raids so well. More difficult to **** up. If you can find a good resto druid you'd technically be better off, as they don't need their own innervates and tranquility / treeform are very powerful cd's.

I should note I have no experience in Cata 25's;
    Prot/Holy paladin Heroic 6/12,
    Feral tank 12/12,
    Fire Mage 8/12.
    Last edited by Exodus1811; 2011-02-27 at 05:13 AM. Reason: zzz

I'm not truly concerned, as I think it's quite possible, was just looking for other peoples opinions, and letting my raid team know it's not a huge loss to lose this player.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you have a druid for MotW you will be fine. Right now we are really close to the ideal of "bring the player, not the class." As long as your healers are good (which they would have to be anyways) its all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalostyle View Post
    INB4 bring the player not the class.
    There we go. Don't think that you need a certain class for a certain reason. This is just like saying. "Well guys we can't do this raid because we don't have anybody that can Bloodlust/Hero/Ancient Hysteria/Time Warp. Let's call our raiding for the week!"

Many classes have the ability to be a tank healer or raid healer now if specced and glyphed into it.

No big deal, usually have resto shaman and disc priest as our two healers. Got a feral for mark.

They seem to be the most plentiful healers around....I'd try recruiting a new one, but I wouldn't say its absolutely necessary, and some fights benefit without one, IMO. I mean, our ten man has zero druids (so no brez), 3 dks, and 2 hunters, and we do fine.

Awesome thanks guys.

Deleted
    I think it's less of an issue now than it would have been in, say, ICC 10 heroic progress - if you have ways of covering lack of various auras and buffs a pally can bring then there's no reason why you cant make at least normal mode progress without a holy pally.

My ten man is 12/12 normal mode and we don't have a Holy Paladin. We run two Priests and a Shaman, which isn't ideal by any means. If you're wanting to tackle hard modes then a Paladin will be great, but if you're just doing normal modes it won't break your group.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharissa View Post

you can be really fine without a holy paladin in normal , dont worry about it, and you can do all the content without paladin, but i must say that hoyl paladin are very efficient on the mana more that any orther healer, i dont say by so much, but a holy paladin is really good,

p.s on heroic without a holy paladin could cause more problem at your toop(just thinking) we are actually at 4/12 HM 25 man and we got 3 holy pally(1- is ok if you cant have more that 1) sorry for my bad english

in 10mans? im a resto shaman, and i heal with a druid and a priest and we do better then when we have our pally heal instead of me. Youll be fine if your guildies dont suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont Worry, The Holy Paladin Leaving Is Merely A Setback, You Shall Arise Again, More Powerful And Full Of OP Pallies Than Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmifias View Post
    in 10mans? im a resto shaman, and i heal with a druid and a priest and we do better then when we have our pally heal instead of me. Youll be fine if your guildies dont suck.
    im myself a restoration shaman and we could be fine without it jsut saying that skilled pally are very good...