[TV] Spartacus: Gods of the Arena season finale

Was an amazing episode. So far the best in all of the series, and the original series. At first I didn't think the show could survive without the original actor that played Spartacus as the lead role, but after this season, I'm liking Gannicus much more than I did spartacus(both the acting and the character personally) and he has showed himself as the best champion on the show.
    Last edited by treston323; 2011-02-27 at 08:40 AM.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

yes... yessssssss

i thought from the prequel trailers Gannicus was going to be an annoying pretty boy.. but his character was far deeper than that... so good

jup was an awsome serie to bad tho the already made a final episode, i don't mean ofc that it should last 7 seasons but more then 6 would have been great because i think the show was imensly popular

Deleted
    Only 6 Episodes, needed more

Brilliant show

It's over now? Or are they just going to make a new plot or something, like his fathers sucsess?

Quote Originally Posted by Biketobe View Post
    It's over now? Or are they just going to make a new plot or something, like his fathers sucsess?
    they're gonna continue with Spartacu's story(played by a diff. actor)

Deleted
    I believe season 2 is comming soon,with some new guy in Spartacus's role,and I believe it will continue where they are running for their lives,because in S1 they killed every1 in the villa.

Quote Originally Posted by Papir View Post
    in S1 they killed every1 in the villa.
    And wasn't this like the coolest fricken scene EVER?!?

I mean besides the scene when Spartacus bangs Ilithyia's brains out, that was so hot.

I haven't had a chance to watch the new season unfortunatly.

I was so pumped up watching the last Ep. of S:GotA my dog came over to check what was wrong...
    I don't normally get a physical reaction from watching something.. but bloody hell, the adrenaline was pumping throughout the whole build up to to the Primus.

I was also surprised by how much I've grown to like Gannicus. Again I thought he was going to be a pretty boy, money spinner for the show, but he developed really well and was rather convincing.

I am wondering though, S:Blood and Sand s2 ...anyone got the same feeling that Gannicus may well be involved?
    Crixus is determined to prove himself against Gannicus once and for all, and I can't think of a time in either series to date where Crixus has let anything like that lie.. Gannicus is also a brother, not only that a brother freed from his slavery.

To sum up, I reckon Crixus will seek out Gannicus and good'ole Sparky will end up convincing Gannicus to become involved in some way.
    Maybe wishful thinking, who knows..

This show never fails to deliver. Really cant wait for another season.

I pretty much knew Gannicus would somehow survive, because he was one of the generals with Spartacus in the revolt, yet I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Also the scene with the net and trident guy was amazing. Such great lighting in effects in that scene.

Blood and Sand Season two Comes back on 2012 they announced.

BUt yes Gannicus will molt likly be in s2 just on how it ended in gods. It sucks the actor that played Spartacus will no longer be but with him fighting Cancer i dont blame him. Just hope the new Actor can live up to role.

Also wasnt ripping that guys Jaw off just pure Awesome
    Im No nomral Chicken, Im no Extra Crispy Style. Im Extra Spicy BoomChicken Lazer of Doom.

Deleted
    I did like the first season better because it was more about the gladiators this prequel was more about Batiatus and how he gained his position, none the less it was an awesome new season.
    I believe the new season will air somewhere in the end of this year. cant wait ^^

All that didn't see this show yet go and check it out, its 1 of the best shows ever!

They Said before they aired it, It will be about Batiatus so shouldnt hold that agiants it.
    Im No nomral Chicken, Im no Extra Crispy Style. Im Extra Spicy BoomChicken Lazer of Doom.

I prefer Blood and Sand to Gods of the Arena by a pretty huge amount. The plot was just a lot better, and the episodes were much more interesting. I felt like the first 5 episodes of GOTA were trying to cram as much sex and use of the word 'cock' as humanly possible. The last episode was incredible though and definitely redeemed the short comings of the rest of them. I'm looking forward to S2 of Blood and Sand. I just hope the new actor can fill Andy's shoes, as I think he did a great job playing Spartacus.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

love spartacus, have gotten sooooooooooo many many people into it, who can turn down roman orgies and brutal arena fights

edit: jupiters cock!

Well Blood and Sand was twice as long, but I think Gods of the Arena has better episodes. There were a few slow episodes in Blood and Sand. I thought almost all of the episodes in Gods of the Arena was good, especially the last few ones.

Also Gannacus is a much better character than spartacus I think. Both the personalities, and the acting.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Well Blood and Sand was twice as long, but I think Gods of the Arena has better episodes. There were a few slow episodes in Blood and Sand. I thought almost all of the episodes in Gods of the Arena was good, especially the last few ones.

Also Gannacus is a much better character than spartacus I think. Both the personalities, and the acting.
    I felt like the first 5 episodes of GOTA were incredibly slow. There were few fights in the arena, and the plot between Batiatus planning his revenge on his father and the other 2 just didn't seem like it was going anywhere. It took 5 episodes for anything interesting to happen.

I do agree that Gannicus is a great character though. I look forward to his return in S2.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

Whole of GOTA was amazing as was B&S. Can't wait for season 2, just a shame Whitfield won't be in it anymore.
    2981-6619-3396