Disc or Holy for PVP battlegrounds

I never really pvped much on a priest before. done a few battleground here and there, but just for fun. now i kind of wanna get a bit serious. i don't plan on doing arenas, just battlegrounds. i have heard the best of both, disc and holy for pvp, but i want some more advice or suggestions on which would be better. right now i'm disc, but i'm comfertable with either one. i'm cool with have duel spec, disc and holy, it's just be my gear, gems and enchants i be concerned about.

here are some questions that will help me:

what important talents of each spec should i pick up?
    what gems should i be socketing?
    what stats for which spec should i be more focused on?
    what stats should i reforge for what spec, if needed?

any help is greatly appriciated. thanks!

Go disc, get lots of int+haste+mastery.

Wouldnt worry about spirit because its easy to drink in BGs

I've PvP'd a bit in both Disc and Holy, and from my experience Disc is the way to go. There are two good reasons for this:
    1. PW:S is probably the best PvP heal there is, and it's better in Disc.
    2. Casting spells in Holy draws attention in PvP like a clown at a funeral. Your Chakra does this bright glowy thing, and all your best heals are cast-time things that all have the word "Heal" in them, so every enemy in a 10-mile radius is going to go "Oh, I'm gonna kill that guy". In Disc, unless you Penance someone, you can sometimes just look like some boring caster that's better off being ignored. I personally love to Smite people in disc, because it damages and heals at the same time, and it isn't nearly as conspicuous as straight healing.