Poll: Most stress To play

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've played DPS in TBC and Healer in WOTLK and Cata and only low level tank.
    From my point of view it seems like dps and tanks just do there rotations while planning cd's and tactics, while healers have to adept there spell choice at the situation. For me that makes it seem like healer is most stressfull

Deleted
    tank>heal>dps
    heal>tank>dps

depending on the fight, i play all 3 roles btw

(this is my opinion of course, yours may differ)

Person's most played role > Person's second most played role > Person's least played role

Healer > Tank > DPS

DPS simply follows rotations (stress depending on how intricate they are combined with handling the fight - stuff on ground etc) - though as someone stated earlier, for Melee DPS its a different story, having barely any sight of your character in a raid fight + the fact that Cataclysm is just HORRIBLE for melee. Ranged DPS is a breeze

Tank has to maintain aggro, watch for any more mobs that could be pulled. Manage cooldowns, be very aware (disarm, spell reflect, stuns etc)

Healer though, there is no(or not much) rotation, have to make choices almost ahead of time in order to use the best spells, having to adapt to the situation and know where the sources of damage will come from.

I main a tank(offspec DPS) and its just what i've noticed
    Last edited by Icefyre7; 2011-02-27 at 04:33 PM.

Deleted
    I have played a healer main with a DPS offspec for as many years as I have played WoW and just recently made a tank and I would say overall tanking is the most stressful.

For me it's basically about what will happen if you mess up, as a DPS if you mess up generally all that will happen is you will do less DPS and it's barely noticable, if you mess up as a healer you will probably have to spend extra mana to compensate which isn't very noticable or someone will die which is very noticable.
    If you mess up as a tank the whole fight can get extremely messy very quickly and the mistakes you make are just overall alot clearer.

I play a tank and find it stress free so I have to go with healer. Besides with everyone having to watch mana, it is now harder to heal and still have the mana for the rest of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by snaek View Post
    I'd say it's rather Tank -> Healer -> DPS for my part. Could just be that I'm so comfortable in the healing role after five years of doing it as my main role, but I find tanking a lot more stressful than healing. So stressful that I avoid it unless I have to, or I'm in a severely masochistic mood.
    This is exactly how I feel about it really. Been healing for years with occasional tanking, but if at all possible I avoid the bugger all I can.

Though, everyone will probably say the role they're least familiar with. Look at the rest of the comments here, ''I've played X and Y for years and I find Z is the most stressful because *insert some function that is not as difficult to manage in the others*''
    Last edited by Radioactive Hobo; 2011-02-27 at 04:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimora88 View Post
    Vendor turns around, "Yes, can I hel-"
    Worgen female, "OMFG IMMA SELL YOU SOME AWSUM SHIT."
    Vendor looks thoroughly confused, "Ma'am I'll gladly buy it if you just cal-"
    Worgen female headbutts the vendor, dumps her backpack on him, robs him, and merrily hop-skips away.

Deleted
    Healing > Tanking > DPS

(if dps gets some important role during encounter - like interrupting or adds handling it can be stressful as well )

Deleted
    Whoever picked Dps, has never played Healer in Cataclysm. Just saying..

Deleted
    Raid leader

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes it depends on the fight. I've played all 3 roles and different fights have different stress levels on each role. But as most agree Healer>=Tank>Dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    imo:

1. warrior tank in 5-mans (wotlk excluded)
    2. other tanks in 5-mans (wotlk excluded)
    3. healer anywhere
    4. melee-dps anywhere
    5. tank in raid
    6. ranged-dps

Deleted
    DPS. Because not only do you need to do your job, but you also have to be one of the best at it (hi, recount).

Well im surpised ppl are actually saying healer. For me its tanking...getting strats right, keeping aggro. Makes my hair fall.

healer>tank>DPS. On a scale from 1 to 10 healing is at 10 and DPS at 1 and tanking is at 2 IMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aParadise View Post
    DPS. Because not only do you need to do your job, but you also have to be one of the best at it (hi, recount).
    Because this is not true for all other roles?

Deleted
    Tanking and dpsing are basically the same thing if you're a competent player, you just stand on opposite sides of the mob and watch for different abilities. Healer on the other hand is different, and from playing all 3 I'd say while none is exactly stressful, healer is the most

10+ Year Old Account
    i mostly play healer in pve. i find it the less stressful. and most easy.
    (except from ranged dps, that is even less)

i find melee classes more stressful
    because u got a billion gigantic spell effects everywhere on your screen,
    and i find that.. well.. not relaxing.

most stressful is tanking with my warrior in 5-man dungeons. (wotlk excluded. theres no tanking there.)

Quote Originally Posted by Qwell View Post
    Healing is intense, but it is most rewarding. I feel like we are the quiet dude in the party that came with group of friends, all stone-faced and perceptive. We are the reason why our friends feel safe to get rowdy and start shit up. Because they know we won't push, we won't shove, we won't say "stop, let's talk things through", we won't question why; we will just take off our jacket and square-up, ready to to handle. We are the reason our friends feel safe to get rowdy and start shit up. In other words, we allow others to do what they need to do to get shit done. We are the backbone, the pulse and life-force of a raid or party.
    It is tough to heal if you are not willing to put the effort in for the greater reward. If you are open and willing, you'll love the fuck outta healing, no doubt.
    Hehe, that was an awesome and actually very accurate reason. But yeah, healing is the most stressful one, then it's a split between dps and tanking, which are both rather slack.