10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation PvP Class Balance, Aggregate Stats, and Graphs Website

So I saw someone else made a similar website and posted it, but I didn't want to hijack his thread so I thought I'd post one. The websites are pretty different in what they offer, so hopefully I'm not crossing the line here.

I've created a website that takes aggregate stats from the armory in order to display high level balance statistics and graphs. One of the most important features is that it has historical balance graphs, so you can see how many 2k+ players of each class there have been over time. For example, after the last patch I was able to watch how as each day went by different classes shifted drastically, such as the number of discipline priests increasing, and the interest shift in fury warriors. It also offers some interesting stats such as the most popular races for each class, and the most popular words in arena team names.

You can find the website at:
    http://arenagraph.net

Some interesting parts of the website:
    The number of each healing spec above 2k and how it has changed over the last month:
    http://arenagraph.net/graph.php?graph=spec&time=long
    How dominant horde are in terms of races (with the giant exception being humans):
    http://arenagraph.net/graph.php?graph=race
    A look at the top specs of the highest RMP teams:
    http://arenagraph.net/rankings.php?b...ating_max=3500

I'm very open to criticism, suggestions, and any other kind of comments you might have. I have plans for new features, expanding the regions it covers, but I'm hoping you guys can help me to improve it even more.

Thanks for your time!
    Last edited by iArkeus; 2011-03-02 at 09:01 AM.

Arena Balance Statistics And Graphs

Hello there!
    Really cool website, I will definetly start using it.
    However, it seems Misery (the battlegroup) isnt in your system.
    I hope you will keep developing the website as its really good, and hope I can find Misery there soon (:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanto94 View Post
    Hello there!
    Really cool website, I will definetly start using it.
    However, it seems Misery (the battlegroup) isnt in your system.
    I hope you will keep developing the website as its really good, and hope I can find Misery there soon (:
    Hey, thanks for your comments.

The reason that your battlegroup isn't listed is for 2 reasons. First, for testing purposes I am limiting it to the US region first (in order to keep it simple). And second, Blizzard plans to roll out an improvement to the armory to make it easier to get data from, and the last post about it said quarter 1 2011, so hopefully it should be soon. I would prefer to wait until that update is out before expanding it to new territories, but if it seems like it's going to be delayed, I'll expand it anyway. I'll let everyone know once I start incorporating more regions.

Nice work, however it just confirms what we already know, Hunter Representation is atrocious. Hell not 1 single Hunter in any of your listed top Comps.

By the way the following Site does most of what your site does on a worldwide basis, just for reference.

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0---0-0.html
    Last edited by Tib; 2011-03-20 at 09:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tib View Post
    Nice work, however it just confirms what we already know, Hunter Representation is atrocious. Hell not 1 single Hunter in any of your listed top Comps.

By the way the following Site does most of what your site does on a worldwide basis, just for reference.

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0---0-0.html
    (Oops forgot about this post again, lol).

Yeah, Hunters have been in a pretty sad state all expansion. Right now they're workable with a good player, but for an average player they are very subpar! (Then again, what class isn't workable with a really good player?)

About that other site, I do agree that they do most of what I do. However, I think my goals are a lot different. My main goals were to give high level balance representation in an easy to use format. I have quite a few gripes with that site (main around trying to find the graphs I want/user interface), but also they're more for "current" data. One thing I really wanted to represent was how the balance changed over the last few months so you can see how hotfixes and patches change the class balance. But that website does have a lot of really good data (covering a lot more than just PVP), and is extremely useful in its own right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice work and nice site.
    /clap
    /pat
    /reacharound
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Nice work and nice site.
    /clap
    /pat
    /reacharound
    /cheer
    /love

Really great site you have there, love the format, it's very pretty
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Really slick. Not sure how much the class to class rep says, but the racial information is quite interesting. Not surprising to see humans are tops though (and I believe Horde outnumbers Alliance overall by a fair amount so this says even more about just how awesome having a free trinket is)...

Quote Originally Posted by iArkeus View Post
    (Oops forgot about this post again, lol).

Yeah, Hunters have been in a pretty sad state all expansion. Right now they're workable with a good player, but for an average player they are very subpar! (Then again, what class isn't workable with a really good player?)
    Whats always been the problem with hunters, at least imo, is that they are workable with a good player, and subpar with an average (as you said) BUT, when you make it workable for an average player they tend to become OP with a good player. Kinda like Frost mages are.

Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    Nice work, mate.

Add a dotted line to show when patches were released?

Add longer than 3 months perspective?
    Agreed - dotted line or something similar for patches. Would be very useful.