Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dievariandie View Post
    i myself am 13, and ive been playing since i was eight. but whenever i see people whining or trolling people always seem to respond "what are you twelve?"
    and i to be honest think this is unfair. I know a large proportion of 12-14 year olds are annoying imature idiots but people need to stop genralising. I also find people are less willing to be in a group/raid with some one who is twelve/thirteen. What are your thoughts on this?
    You said it yourself.
    "a large proportion of 12-14 year olds are annoying imature idiots"
    People will never stop generalising. It is the only way they can try to prevent themselves from interacting with bad parts of anything. It is ultimately futile, because by now the only ones who actually admit that they are 12 are the ones who are actually good - the bads know that they are bad and try to hide all signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Epiclurker View Post
    Its based on stereotyping. People would rather embrace the accepted preconceptions then judge each individual based on their own behavior. Its kind of ironic since most of todays players have been playing video games since they were 12-14 and would never classify themselves as being that way when they were young. It makes them feel good to think they are past the age of being immature despite the fact that we all know atleast one person who proves that age is no indication of your personality or maturity level.
    Erm, I don't know about the other 23 year olds out there, but when I was 12-14 and playing video games, I was playing like... Final Fantasy and Mario, and yeah, I was pretty immature. But I don't remember the last time we had to get a 10 man raid together to down bowser, solo games != MMOs
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

i have no problem with the kids as long as they dont act stupid and at least know how to play the game instead of just running around facerolling the game away and going lol we wiped

Deleted
    Well you gave the reason yourself, then you also have the issue that Teenagers can't really dedicate themselves to a group or raid, because if they don't do this particular thing now for mommy, they might lose their internet connection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because when I was twelve years old, I was so annoying that I annoyed myself.

That and that's usually the age when kids are just learning how to really interact with people.

Quote Originally Posted by Piggo View Post
    From my experience, age doesn't matter in an online game. People still act childish even if they are 40 years old...

Read the trade chat when the horde is kiting Shandris Feathermoon in Orgrimmar. I haven't seen such stupidity in my whole life...
    worst part on frostmane eu is the endless 'Anal <random spell name> chat , how more fucking pathetic and childish can you get and ye i bet most are in there 30's. Although you can pick out 'kids' when they just spam as much random anal phrases as poss in a 5 second window hoping to get that laugh but the only laugh they end up getting is when they giggle at there own posts.
    Also we have a guild on horde called Blackwing descent, why they get so much shit from people is beyond me but what annoys me is some random twat will just attack them when they spam in chat LF members to raid etc and then the whole of ogrimmar joins in even though 95% of them dont even know them at all, but i always have to ask they get shit for raiding and building up there guild yet all the cocks in chat are sat in ogrimmar doing fuck all not raiding?!? bit ironic to me. Far too many people in game with immature atitudes. We can all be an ass on forums 'my keyboard is bigger than your keyboard' but in game its diff...for me anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    How about not telling people your age, and we will see how long you last. If it's not a problem for you, then all right. Whatever floats your boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's the generalization that most immature people generally act as though they were twelve: raging, name-calling and other forms of immaturity. Sadly, I've met many 30+ who behave quite childishly from raging over gear (it's pixels) to someone beating them in PVP (it happens, learn to take it like a champ!).

I wouldn't let that get you down -- as someone suggested above: behave how you wish to be treated. If you act like a child, regardless of age, you're going to be treated as such. Act like an adult and most times, no one will know how old you really are.
    Last edited by Zooniverse; 2011-02-27 at 11:33 AM. Reason: coding fail
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocWarlock View Post
    If you just love being that guy that purposely, or accidentally carries out the action of "letting them win", roll a shaman, and get a FREE vacation to the Ashran Graveyard with scenic tombstones and a magnificent sunset view of your faction hiding in the bubble as DKS, hunters and Treesus Christ roflstomp your base, and all you have to do is call this number!

You all damn kids are seriously retarded. You're bads. 90% of times with bad attitude too. And I've had alot of experience over my 4 years of wow to say that.

Deleted
    I have no problems against 12 year olds.

I have problems with 30 year olds that behave like spoiled 12 year olds.

Deleted
    You wont understand why before you are older (18-25).

Trust me, i played since i was 12, and i didnt get it. I felt pretty smart and i wacked everybody in most games.

But ohh boi did i learn just how much different it is to be older and playing the game. You wont feel smart, you just are.

and like someone said. It doesnt help to explain it, you have to be old to understand it. Sounds weird but you will get it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    While not every kid is terrible at this game, a much larger percentage is bad than slightly older age groups.
    I very very much doubt that, there are so many aged idiots in this game i have yet to know how some of them survive in the irl community.
    Now im not saying its not true, because neither you nor me has hard evidence.. but thats just my way of thinking.

I started playing this game at the age of 12, im 16½ now and im pretty much beating the crap out of the majority of the wow playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main issue, is the not staying up past X o'clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnazz View Post
    I used to to know a 13 year old that play and he was on of the best pvper i have ever seen could beat me naked was kinda scary
    Erm... What? You should NEVER lose to someone not wearing gear unless they are exploiting something. Just saying, that has nothing to do with age, even my dog could beat someone not wearing any gear.

---------- Post added 2011-02-27 at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    I very very much doubt that, there are so many aged idiots in this game i have yet to know how some of them survive in the irl community.
    Now im not saying its not true, because neither you nor me has hard evidence.. but thats just my way of thinking.

I started playing this game at the age of 12, im 16½ now and im pretty much beating the crap out of the majority of the wow playerbase.
    You can disagree with me all you want, that's your right, but I don't have to explain things that are obvious. My point stands on its merits.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Deleted
    And btw, the majority of the adult immature idiots are usually other players trying to troll you. I have to admit that I sometimes troll people online and it is kind of funny to see them rage bout the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    You all damn kids are seriously retarded. You're bads. 90% of times with bad attitude too. And I've had alot of experience over my 4 years of wow to say that.
    HYPOCRITE'd
    -Darsithis

The majority of the players people encounter who conduct themselves immaturely are 10 - 16 years old.
    Simple question, simple answer.

Some kids are annoying idiots, on the other hand, some are really nice and fine to play with :/

I don't think anyone has anything specifically against younger children playing WoW. (and yes, 12-14 year olds are children, like it or not).

There is however the fact that children of that age tend to be more impulsive, emotional and less focused than someone who's older. ' Tend to ' since while this applies to the general stereotype, it doesn't hold every single time. For people who are somewhat older and/or more 'serious', playing with someone who hasn't yet grown out of those qualities can be quite frustrating. Teens in puberty tend to think mostly about themselves first, and about others next. In a game like WoW which relies for a large part on social group interacties (guilds, raids, etc) that can be a burden.

This is why most guilds (including my own) tend to recruit people above 16 or 18 years old. Is that a guarantuee that those people will act any more mature? Definitly not. It does however increase the chances of that by a lot.

Does that mean that younger people are bad players, always a burden to a guild, or anything like that? No. Even though our guild tends to look at players 18 years and older for recruitment, one of our best holy paladins joined our guild when he was barely 15 because the maturity his application showed was impressive. Aside from one incident, in the 2-3 years he has been in the guild he has shown more maturity and good qualities in general than many of our older members. There have been other similar examples that I know of. However, in the majority of the cases the stereotype held.

The only problem with this is, like Epiclurker already said, that children who ARE 12-14 (or any age for that matter) don't see themselves like that. I know I didn't either when I was that age.... I felt like I was as mature as i was ever going to get. Boy was I wrong.....

Deleted
    I have nothing against the younglings, as long as they act respectably and socialized.