Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    My theory is WOTA caverns of time expansion. I think Tyrande will be a major player in the next expansion, they are obviously saving her model update for something. Also we have heard nothing about the WOTA raid, did they decide theres simply too much for one dungeon? It would also give them chance to give Illidan some love seem as hes had such a poor showing in wow so far. And would allow them to spend time building up Azshara as a major villan for the maelstrom expansion

Quote Originally Posted by IdTheDemon View Post
    Anyways, as for the next expansion, I hope we take on Vashj, Xavius and the Old God they serve.
    That'll be a pretty lame expansion seeing as Vashj and Xavius are both already dead.
    "It is like they have two devs changing shit in some kind of a war. "Fuck mages" "No fuck you!" and every few weeks they get into arguments and secretly change the notes and hope the other guy doesn't notice." ~Strakha

Aszhara as primary "big bad villian" and Nazjatar themed after Altantida style (or however that thing is called in english)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

There are some ideas that I (and I think most of you) would love, but probably wouldn't work. Keep in mind that WoW is now Worldwide and not just in the USA, and they must adhere to the laws of other countries. Well, they don't have to, but to work around it would be a lot more work than to just make something that doesn't go against their audience.

For example, Pandaren.

Yes, they'd make a fun race to play, this and that, BUT China (iirc) bans showing Pandas dying (or being harmed- I don't remember) in any which way or form. For Blizzard to make Pandaren playable (which they're neutral anyway), they would have to make a completely different race for China, who will probably start bringing in LOTS of subscriptions. Impossible? No. Tedious? Yes.

New Races:
    Many, many people don't like the Draenei lore because they came out nowhere. Personally, I don't care, but remember that Blizzard has a WIDE audience to deal with and a good chunk of that consists of people that do care. So now basically has to think of something in world already that have their own place, and why they would branch off from their own people. Also, the race probably has to be humanoid so that Blizzard doesn't have to put too much thought into how to get gear on extra or lesser limbs (Boots/Legs on Naga/Nerubians?). Yeah, they'd look cool, but I highly doubt Blizz would go through all that work - if those races could even fit in Lore-wise). Though, I wouldn't put it past them to find one race that could go either Horde or Alliance and make the starting area phased to whichever faction you chose. If I had a guess though, I'd so Ogres (or the Half-Ogres from the Goblin areas) for the Horde and maybe some kind of Larger Race (Tauren, Draenei, ...ogre) for the Alliance that's already in Azeroth or part of wherever the expansion takes place. Honestly, I've no clue where to even take it. High Elves maybe.

New Class(es):
    Blizzard has stated before that adding the Death Knight class was a ton of work, balancing everything from abilities to talents to lore, and whatnot. I'd love to see a new class and even though Blizzard stated that they most likely won't do it again, I have a hunch they might. After this expansion, I think a Far Seer would be a good candidate (Being a super-shaman that tries bringing this world back together). But that would have its Limitations to Races. I liked the Lore behind DK's, being resurrected and breaking free, therefor being any playable race. Thinking of a Hero class that has no Limitations is important. Blizzard is streamlining more than ever now. So let's break down what Roles WoW has and see if we can fit something together.

MDPS - 3Rogue, 2Warrior, 1Shaman, 1Druid, 1Paladin, 2Death Knight = 10 Melee DPS Not getting into Detail about DoT's and stuff yet!
    RDPS - 3 Hunter = 3 Ranged (physical) DPS
    SDPS - 3Mage, 3 Warlock, 1 Priest, 1 Shaman, 1 Druid = 9 Spell DPS Counting Enh as MDPS due to Weapon Damage spells
    Tank - 1 Warrior, 1 Death Knight, 1 Paladin, 1 Druid = 4 Tank
    Heal - 1 Druid, 1 Paladin, 1 Shaman, 2 Priest = 5 heals

So WoW could really use a class (if implemented) that fills a Physical Ranged, a Tank, and a Spell DPS to even some things out, but anything would be cool.

Also, it would probably be Leather/Mail since those have 2 classes and Cloth/Plate since they have 3 (endgame).

Fitting those roles, 2 classes come to mind from WCIII: Warden and Farseer. - Either can be seen wearing Leather or Mail.

Far Seer: Plays similar to Shaman with Shocks, but altered in a way so that it's not directly a beefed up Shaman.
    • Rockbiter type ability (or Stoneform) for tanking, increasing threat/ lowering damage taken.
    • Physical Ranged DPS could be similar to firing rocks at your enemy (lol Golfing - Weapon Damage = How hard rocks are hit!), or throwing Rock-like versions of your weapon at your opponent
    • Spell DPS would need to be unique so that it stands out. Maybe some kind of combo-point casting thing or instead of mana, it fills up like Rage.
    Warden: Quick striking, Dual Wielding (or 2h).
    • Tank: Focus on Dodging and Parrying attacks like the Death Knight. Warden's mark on main target (depending on spec): Dodges increase threat (or something similar).
    • Ranged DPS: Throw your weapons at your target. Being the master you are, they come swinging back at you! Stuff like that.
    • Spell DPS: Let's make it a melee spell dps! You slash the air in front of you, sending ripping winds into your opponent at melee range. Your spellpower determines the velocity of the wind, not your weapons.

Those are just some things to keep in mind, and some ideas of mine. Maybe each class will be given a 4th spec (Shaman tanking, Priest Melee-monk, Hunter healing, etc).

tl;dr
    Wall of Text crits Deathwing for Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Haldy View Post
    I think Tyrande will be a major player in the next expansion, they are obviously saving her model update for something.
    Lmao. thats the most hilariously wafer thin justification for a theory ever. Tyrande wouldn't actually be a big deal in the War of the ancients because at that point, she wasn't any kind of leader, just a random priestess who happened to love Malfurion. It isn't until after the war when Azshara and Furion are gone that she really becomes important.

Plus War of the Ancients wouldn't work as an expansion because there's no horde. So unless your want to have half the player base walking around alliance towns with a human illusion for 2 years, that ain't happenin.
    "It is like they have two devs changing shit in some kind of a war. "Fuck mages" "No fuck you!" and every few weeks they get into arguments and secretly change the notes and hope the other guy doesn't notice." ~Strakha

Emerald Dream would be nice, just no underwater bullshit please - Vash'jir was so awful.

I think another world would be awesome; someone did a post just like this with a bunch of areas they thought would be cool (it was legit). Queen Azshara will most likely be in Cataclysm w/ the new Old God as an end Boss. Similar to Ulduar. Most likey before Deathwing.

With all of the serious focus on the Emerald Dream via Stormrage & Ysera waking up, I wouldn't assume anything less.
    I definitely do not want to see more siege crap. It's totally ruined PvP - now it's Player versus Door. Obvious wishful thinking but it would be nice to see another expansion somewhat devoted to PvP like TBC was. (Although some may argue, TBC had the best PvP focus yet).

Excited to see where the lore is going nonetheless

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moocowfrakmilk View Post
    That'll be a pretty lame expansion seeing as Vashj and Xavius are both already dead.
    Vashj is dead, Xavius is being a tree in the Emerald Dream (Not dead yet).

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasbobby View Post
    For example, Pandaren.

Yes, they'd make a fun race to play, this and that, BUT China (iirc) bans showing Pandas dying (or being harmed- I don't remember) in any which way or form.

This is true...for real life events. For video games, they're live targets.

Also, the race probably has to be humanoid so that Blizzard doesn't have to put too much thought into how to get gear on extra or lesser limbs (Boots/Legs on Naga/Nerubians?).
    Is not an issue. Never was. Mounts...insofar as achievements are concerned...is a minor consideration.

Though, I wouldn't put it past them to find one race that could go either Horde or Alliance and make the starting area phased to whichever faction you chose.
    Silhouettes are too important for PvP.

If I had a guess though, I'd so Ogres (or the Half-Ogres from the Goblin areas) for the Horde and maybe some kind of Larger Race (Tauren, Draenei, ...ogre) for the Alliance that's already in Azeroth or part of wherever the expansion takes place. Honestly, I've no clue where to even take it. High Elves maybe.
    High Elves would be a very popular addition for the Allaicne. If they hadn't had their model given to the BElfs. The most likely - of the known races - is probably Pandaren, acting as a counter to the Ogres.

and even though Blizzard stated that they most likely won't do it again
    What they've actually said is "when the time is right". Thats with a new XPac. A new race and starter zone can be added mid patch with few issues but a new class requires a fair overhaul.

After this expansion, I think a Far Seer would be a good candidate (Being a super-shaman that tries bringing this world back together).
    Far Seer would be in the same boat as ArchDruid and Archmage. Not going to happen. You want a Farseer - play a Shaman. Such ranks would make sense as an end game levelling system...but not as a new class.

So WoW could really use a class (if implemented) that fills a Physical Ranged, a Tank, and a Spell DPS to even some things out, but anything would be cool.
    Tanks aren't a needed class. What is needed is more players willing to tank in the heroic level dungeons. That could be achieved by allowing off-spec Tanking and easing up on gear requirements. It coudl also be helped by allowing pet classes more viability at tanking. But adding a new tanking class isn't a solution. Blizz tried that with DKS and failed...as predicted.

Most likely is a Heal/DPS hybrid akin to a monk/runemaster.

EJL