Poll: How good do you think the highly anticipated Duke Nukem Forever will be?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

How good do you think Duke Nukem Forever will be?

There's finally a release date and an official trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-b78TKZIyw

So, after twelve years of this game being scrapped, rescrapped, and buried under a pile of more scraps....how good do you think this incredibly anticipated release will be?

Poll added for voting.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    It will be absolutely fantas..... total pile of shit just like the original.

It's gonna be legen - Wait for it - dary!

and that trailer is so manly that you grow hair on your chest by watching it.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "If one could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people!"
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics... Even if you win, you're still retarded."

Deleted
    So, after twelve years of this game being scrapped, rescrapped, and buried under a pile of more scraps....how good do you think this incredibly anticipated release will be?
    I don't think people are expecting anything anymore. The game is just another Daikatana..

10+ Year Old Account
    At best it might play well, but the unbelievably awkward barrage of forced jokes and terrible character and story will ruin any shred of fun that the game might provide.

Ridonculous gameplay and over-the-top jokes still have a place, I think. After all, Bulletstorm is chock full of that, and it's downright hilarious and entertaining because of it. We'll see about this though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    It will be absolutely fantas..... total pile of shit just like the original.
    Someones trying to be hip and cool by hating something.

Duke Nukem will be a breath of fresh air, I have had it with all the seriousness in shooters and the gruff broody drone main characters we have today.

Always bet on duke.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Someones trying to be hip and cool by hating something.

Duke Nukem will be a breath of fresh air, I have had it with all the seriousness in shooters and the gruff broody drone main characters we have today.

Always bet on duke.
    While I'm not sure this game will pan out, I agree with you on the bit about the original games. The old 2D side scrolling dukes encapsulated my childhood introduction to computer and video games. Those games were just amazing, very well designed platformer/2D-shooters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a few hours of fun, but it's a bit ...wierd. I never played any of earlier games since, well, I wasn't able to play games because I was a "bit" small( I'm 16 now). But I think I might check all of the games out. Seems like a cool fps. But maybe a bit overhyped since people have been waiting 12 years.
    Not every n00b is a bad player, but every bad player is a n00b.

Best. Shooter. EVER!

And a awesome trailer!

It will be awesome. F'ing Awesome.
    I heard one of the testers.. The first thing he did was run into a bathroom to see what he can do.
    He was chucking crap at walls.

If your looking for classy gameplay.. Not really. But yer.. It'll be fun.

It won't be good as the original 3D, mainly because of "modern consolization" of the gameplay elements.

And by that I mean:
    - Haven't heard yet that awesome duke nukem theme
    - You can only carry 2 weapons at the same time
    - No healthpacks/medkits or armor at all
    - No buttons or keycards to find in order to get through barriers
    - Probably only linear levels with cuthscenes so no Co-op goodness
    - Horrible field of view that your weapon actually hides 1/3 of the screen.
    - Can you jump/crouch in it(?)

Probably will play it though, but being so sceptical (thanks to the gaming industry) I'm gonna say it won't get even close to the good old games...

Deleted
    it's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and i'm all out of gum!

gonne be great. 'nuff said.

It's going to be a giant troll. The day before release everyone will be like "lolololololol Trolled you :P"
    Member of the Met Deathwing and Survived club.

I hope it will be awesome but I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    It won't be good as the original 3D, mainly because of "modern consolization" of the gameplay elements.

And by that I mean:
    - Haven't heard yet that awesome duke nukem theme
    - You can only carry 2 weapons at the same time
    - No healthpacks/medkits or armor at all
    - No buttons or keycards to find in order to get through barriers
    - Probably only linear levels with cuthscenes so no Co-op goodness
    - Horrible field of view that your weapon actually hides 1/3 of the screen.
    - Can you jump/crouch in it(?)

Probably will play it though, but being so sceptical (thanks to the gaming industry) I'm gonna say it won't get even close to the good old games...
    The Duke has healthkits, sorta. You regain health by looking at your reflection in mirrors.
    And that field of view crap has been in games since the original Doom, the BFG9000+HUD basically made it impossible to see.
    As for the weapons, almost all the guns in DN are used through the game, the reason console games don't generally let you carry all the guns at once is because theres no 1-0 key on the controllers.
    Jumping and crouching is almost guaranteed, and really the only ones who don't let you have those are Epic Games, so... yea.
    Keycards/buttons are very likely as well, considering when the games development began they were commonplace.
    And the Duke theme? You can't get rid of that.

I hope it is another farce just to entice fans and then say, 'yeah we are fucking with you..'

it better be good considering how long we have had to wait. if not ill be dissapointed
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

It will be awesome, but the question is how much are peoples thoughts on it being awesome swayed by nostalgia? This game could come out with horrible reviews, and I would have my head in the sand saying blah blah blah I can't hear you, IT'S AWESOME. Now the Duke Nukem after this one, that's the one where if it blows, it's a no go.

That trailer alone was better than some full-length movies I've seen.

Call me a fanboy, Duke Nuken is awesome, and this game will be awesome.