Loss of guild rep/changing guilds

The current handling of guild reputation has created a bad situations. I am getting no raid time and my guild leader stated that he his 10 man team set and has no intention of making anymore teams for the guild. This is holding me back from raiding and furthering myself. Our guild leader is going nuts with the powers Blizz have given him and is kicking people when they question him about anything he does not want to discuss.

If I leave this guild I lose the honored rep and benefits I worked hard to get. If I stay I will never be able to raid.

Adding guild rep to the game has caused a situation where guild leaders can manipulate and use the members to their own benefit worse than ever before.
    IE: my guild leader solely interested in making guild achieves at the expense of what the members want; he wanted the guild fishing achievement and we were told if we did not start fishing now we would be kicked from the guild because he had 800 other peeps to pick from. And he kicked 7 out.

Why was a situation created where one person has the control to ruin what another person has worked hard for? What will be done to prevent guild leaders from being able to stall any raiding or progress someone makes? Blizz has given many incentives to be in a guild but the guild leaders are now in control of members fates as never before and this is a situation that needs to fixed quickly.

lol... leave... and get a proper GM... really... its just rep. its not like u loose all ur gear and skillz or somth...

Next patch Blizzard is adding a tabard that increases guild rep gained by 50/100%, which should also increase the weekly rep cap by 50/100% which should help a lot when changing guilds - however I think you'll need to be at a certain rep in a guild before you can buy them.

3. They are adding tabards that doubles the amount of rep you gain, you can wait for those and than /gquit
    If you can join a guild soon, it's probably better to leave now and join a new guild as you can probably gain rep quicker than if you waited for the tabards as that may be another 2 months.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujja View Post
    Next patch Blizzard is adding a tabard that increases guild rep gained by 50/100%, which should also increase the weekly rep cap by 50/100% which should help a lot when changing guilds - however I think you'll need to be at a certain rep in a guild before you can buy them.
    However they are BOA and you won't lose them, so once you buy it once, you're fine. From my understanding, anyway.

I would look at finding a new guild. Clearly the GM is an ass and has his/her own group of friends to raid with. They are probably just using the "extra members" to simply bump up the guild level and therefore do little or no work of their own to level the guild. Guild rep is merely a perk for things you would normally use within a guild anyway. Its also not as hard to gain back as you make it out to be, Blizz recently bumped up the amount of rep you get from raids, so in a raiding guild, you'll generally max out the 3500 rep per week now from just raiding.

Deleted
    Just switched guilds yesterday. Lost about 29k rep, but who cares? Started doing Tol Barad quests again (haven't done them since I reached exalted back in early january^^)
    and guild heroics give rep, too.

And with those tabards coming in 4.1. gaining rep is no problem.