Chimaeron 10 man

Our group comp is:

1- Prot Warrior
    1- Prot Pally
    1- Unholy DK
    1- Fire Mage
    1- Rouge (IDK what spec he is, don't really pay attention to rouges lol)
    1- Shadow Priest
    1- Survival Hunter

Then,

1- Resto Shaman
    1- Holy Pally
    1- Holy Priest

Now, we have the Shaman handle group 1, while the priest handles group 2, and the pally handles tanks. With shaman and priest helping when needed. Now I'm not sure if our healing assignments are what is not working but what do you guys think? what should the healers be assigned to doing? I think what 1 thing that might be making us wipe is I think that we stack a second to late and don't get as much aoe healing off.

On 10man we have FFA healing (same healing setup) with beacon being put on the tank currently tanking chimaeron. Same on heroic exept priest is disc to help with absorb shields + p2.

Deleted
    Well UH DK should be able to take care of himself for most part , in 90% of times he should be able to just hit 1 death strike to get over 10k , have spriest in same group as tanks

I'd say the biggest issue you'll come across is occasionally Chimaeron will target two members within a single group rather than splitting them.

This is essentially Heroic Anub'arak 2.0, DBM and other boss mods will mark the two people who get hit by Chimaeron's ability, the best thing you can do for raid healing is to assign each raid healer a mark and they only heal that target (however you would need a successful method of having those healers immediately target said raid targets).

Grid + RaidDebuffIcons would be the easiest thing I can think of.

We're basically doing the same as you, and don't have problems. Same healers. Paladin on tanks, holy priest on one group, shaman on another.

Its worth making sure your groups are smart. Stick the holy paladin in the group with the weaker raid healer (probably the shaman), as he has self healing that will help out. Same with the DK probably.. Split the tanks, one in each group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone in particular dieing early or is it generally everyone at once (or close to)?

Stack as soon as the bot goes offline, there is no reason to delay it, no damage goes off the moment it goes offline. And by delaying I mean ~3+ seconds.

We're running paladin, druid, holy priest. Heroic that is, the paladin has beacons on both tanks, druid helps out the tanks, and i take the raid.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The answer depends on where you're wiping.

Are you wiping due to tank deaths? Evaluate the tank healing.

Are you wiping due to Caustic Slime deaths? Evaluate the healers assigned to raid.

Are you wiping during Feud? Move immediately when he starts casting Feud and get as much AOE healing out as you can. Use cooldowns if you have to (Divine Guardian, PW: Barrier, etc etc).

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    The answer depends on where you're wiping.

Are you wiping due to tank deaths? Evaluate the tank healing.

Are you wiping due to Caustic Slime deaths? Evaluate the healers assigned to raid.

Are you wiping during Feud? Move immediately when he starts casting Feud and get as much AOE healing out as you can. Use cooldowns if you have to (Divine Guardian, PW: Barrier, etc etc).
    This. Try to coordinate healer CDs for each feud it's very helpful. But we wiped a lot on this as our healers got used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gortz View Post
    This. Try to coordinate healer CDs for each feud it's very helpful. But we wiped a lot on this as our healers got used to it.
    We actually have a Holy priest rather than disc (he has a disc OS though), and we all ignore the Lightwell until Feud, and then all use it during Feud. It's almost OP how much healing it does this way. lol

So we have Divine Guardian for one, Tranquility for another, Lightwell for another, and usually by the fourth Feud (if there is one) DG or Lightwell would be back up again, depending on which was cast first.

We sometimes will have multiple deaths upon stacking for feud, other times it seems like right after a massacre there is a slime going out and hits someone really fast before any healing is done.

Also, one of the tanks said he has read strats on a single tank tanking everything so he eats the break debuffs and double attack. As a healer that sounds kinda stupid but apparently it works? IDK anyone heard about this?

Deleted
    One tank should JUST tank double attacks, the rest should tank the rest of the time and never take a double attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubmytotem View Post
    We sometimes will have multiple deaths upon stacking for feud, other times it seems like right after a massacre there is a slime going out and hits someone really fast before any healing is done.

Also, one of the tanks said he has read strats on a single tank tanking everything so he eats the break debuffs and double attack. As a healer that sounds kinda stupid but apparently it works? IDK anyone heard about this?
    Your tank will not survive the regular melee and Double Strikes with Break stacks. No.

Each Break stack increases his physical damage taken by 25% and healing done by 15%. It lasts 1 minute and stacks indefinitely. Therefore, the stacks will never fall off and you'll eventually just reach a point where you can't get him above 10K in between Double Strikes.

If they're dying just after Massacre that means the healers aren't getting them high enough post-Massacre. Personally, I find Holy Radiance (equivalents: Healing Rain, Efflorescence, Sanctuary) gets everyone almost to 10K, and then random other heals will get them the rest of the way. Regardless of that, you actually have plenty of time before the next Caustic Slime goes out.

Deaths while stacking for Feud, again, not above 10K at the time.

Perhaps you need to evaluate how the raid healers are healing the Caustic Slime victims, and how they're handling Massacre. Sounds like that's your weak link.

You also might want to reconsider positioning. If people aren't being brought to 10K after Massacre, then perhaps your raid is spread too far for AOE to hit everyone. Remember you only have to be 6 yards apart from everyone. That's not very far at all.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-02-27 at 07:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

There is a strategy where you have a tank take the double attacks and a dps melee "main" tank it because of the buff you get. That may be what he is thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Your tank will not survive the regular melee and Double Strikes with Break stacks. No.

Each Break stack increases his physical damage taken by 25% and healing done by 15%. It lasts 1 minute and stacks indefinitely. Therefore, the stacks will never fall off and you'll eventually just reach a point where you can't get him above 10K in between Double Strikes.
    That damadge bonus thing is only for heroics. On normal version all you get is a 15% healing debuff from your own heals.

OP: We use a setup of two tanks but this works just fine with one tank and one DPS with +threat (DK in blood presence or Paladin with threat)

The DPS (Or OT in this case) tanks Chimeron the whole fight, while the MT taunts off for double strikes. When those are over, the DPS/OT taunts back. You keep repeating this until phase two starts. During the feud phase, stack up in melee range so everyone can reach him. (The classes with pets move their pets to stack with us too, not sure if it reduces damadge) and click the lightwell onkly during that phase, and then quickly spread out again after the feud phase has ended, and back to normal again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    That damadge bonus thing is only for heroics. On normal version all you get is a 15% healing debuff from your own heals.
    Wowhead and I disagree with you. However, I did notice that it only stacks up to 4 times, so I was wrong there.

However, your DPS-tank strat is in fact perfectly viable and is how it's done on HM, with an additional tank for Feuds. Without HM, you should be fine to have 1 "legit" tank and 1 DPS-tank the whole time.

Our group comp is:

1- Prot Warrior
    1- Prot Pally
    1- Unholy DK
    1- Fire Mage
    1- Shadow Priest
    1- Survival Hunter

Then,

1- Resto Shaman
    1- Holy Pally
    1- Holy Priest

Now, we have the Shaman handle group 1, while the priest handles group 2, and the pally handles tanks. With shaman and priest helping when needed. Now I'm not sure if our healing assignments are what is not working but what do you guys think? what should the healers be assigned to doing? I think what 1 thing that might be making us wipe is I think that we stack a second to late and don't get as much aoe healing off.
    1- Unholy DK
    1- Fire Mage
    1- Shadow Priest
    1- Survival Hunter
    Rouge

Ontopic though, i think the problem lies in the tactic not being executed correctly, make sure everyone has a place to stand when robo is up, and that everyone stacks during Feud, even tanks (!). Give some more information on the wipes though, is it early or late? tanks dying first, or random deaths?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!