Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Check this http://www.wowhead.com/items=3.9 - Hydraulic sockets and the categhory is empty. So my guess is Hydraulic socket = Engineering epic socket. Makes sense, or not?
    I think i can remember that some of the stuff that now is all cogwheels used to be "hydraulic something" in the cata beta, but I very well could be mistaken. Anyway, maybe that's why wowhead has this category. Or maybe you are right. We'll see.

In the beta, there were cogwheels and hydraulics for the engineering goggles, one socket each. Blizz decided to make them all cogwheels instead.

engineering helms can be disenchanted? umm wtf.... then why did they change the alchemy trinkets to not be disenchanted? seems kinda retarded................

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by numhtak View Post
    engineering helms can be disenchanted? umm wtf.... then why did they change the alchemy trinkets to not be disenchanted? seems kinda retarded................
    cause the engineering helms takes a chaos orb true gold bar and inferno rubys 2 make..

vs omg herbs which u can simply farm and cost next to nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd settle for just being able to use my Gnomish Gravity trinket, it has a tooltip that has piqued my curiosity, but as of last I was on PTR it still claimed that I was lacking Gnomish Engineering.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what i know they scrapped the hydraulic sockets and made them all in to cogwheels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by numhtak View Post
    while what wicker said is true (the costs of the goggles is way above what alchemiy stones cost), disenchanting goggles is the only way to make some profit out of engineering with chaos orbs (as the guns don't sell, but you need enchanting obviously).
    The margin is decreasing now as maelstrom crystals are getting cheaper, but you can still make a few 100 gold on my server.