10+ Year Old Account

Best things you've ever seen!

The idea behind this thread is to either make us laugh or make us smile because of something you've seen IRL.

Laugh example: While driving through one of the richest areas of Canada, my husband and I saw a guy in a completely tricked out Honda Civic having been pulled over by a cop - but he wasn't holding his license out the window - instead he was holding a wad of 20s and 50s. I always wondered what happened next.

Smile: Something I see nearly every day at my job - a small child trying really, really hard to help their parent load groceries out of their cart. This one was especially cute as he threw the eggs up with all his might, and after his mom looked them over to make sure they were okay, the next thing that was thrown onto the belt was a very large squash - on top of the eggs, which shattered. Child was delighted. Mother was actually forgiving, because he really had no idea what he'd just done - he was just trying to be a good boy!

Give us your best stories - the only requirement is that you saw them happen!

One day i seen a person in a turkey costume running after another person on the street, thing is it was thanksgiving day. I couldnt help but laugh

Deleted
    About a year ago, when i was working at my company adding stuff to the store etc, there was this old man who wanted to ask me something so he was talking about some stuff i can't remember what it was but, at some point he said look ""i mean that thing"" so i turned around and checked what he was pointing at and when i turned back, i saw the old man running away with some stuff that he stole lol.. i said, hey stop, and while he was running he yelled, hey its only a little thing ,.... i was like ROFL i just got owned by a old man. and he ran insanely fast

I saw a guy sing opera to a woman on the street. Im not sure what the case was as the woman looked rather annoyed. :P
    Raaaa!

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to work the return desk at Winner's(think TJ Maxx but up in Canada) and I had one customer absolutely lose it b/c we refused to accept her return of a pair of years old very well worn out sweatpants. Seriously, these things were so old we didn't carry the item anymore and this upset her unbelievably so. After she screamed at me for a good 5 min, telling me how worthless I was and so on she turned in a huff to leave the store... She walked right into the door. I'm talking full on body smack so hard she fell straight backwards. Karma... it's a bitch LOL

This is a true story, swear on my life. I was partying with a friend and went to go walk to the Chevron about a block away. I was making my way through the residential tract when I saw a bloated manilla envelope laying in the gutter. Not a big manilla envelope, one of the smaller ones. Well I picked it up and opened it and the first thing I remember was the strong, strong smell of cash. I didn't bother to count it, but I hurried back to my friends pad and hid it under some bushes, then went to Chevron. Early morning, time to drive home I picked it back up. About $17,000 in $100 bills and about $5,000 in fifties.

I didn't tell my friend cuz he was a little out of control in those days, and would have made some outrageous demand for half of it or something. I hooked him up, though, in bits and pieces.

If that don't make you smile, nuthin' will! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    This is a true story, swear on my life. I was partying with a friend and went to go walk to the Chevron about a block away. I was making my way through the residential tract when I saw a bloated manilla envelope laying in the gutter. Not a big manilla envelope, one of the smaller ones. Well I picked it up and opened it and the first thing I remember was the strong, strong smell of cash. I didn't bother to count it, but I hurried back to my friends pad and hid it under some bushes, then went to Chevron. Early morning, time to drive home I picked it back up. About $17,000 in $100 bills and about $5,000 in fifties.

I didn't tell my friend cuz he was a little out of control in those days, and would have made some outrageous demand for half of it or something. I hooked him up, though, in bits and pieces.

If that don't make you smile, nuthin' will! =D
    sounds kind of similar to something that happened to my brother, he found a wallet stuffed with $1600, though your find is a lot more impressive.

ill try to think of something thats happened to me
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

An extremely tiny dog scooting. Was hilarious seeing that thing ruin my buddy's carpet...

hmmm...probably a vagina tbh

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had a smile moment this morning. Apparently there was an ice storm last night which I was unaware of, and this morning the sun was bright and beautiful. The trees are still bare here, and the ice coats the branches still. The sun was shining through the ice in such a way that it looked like someone put silver glitter all over the tree branches. It was so pretty

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain. Time to die.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain. Time to die.
    What do you mean 'you people?'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abusetheweak View Post
    What do you mean 'you people?'
    Actually I think "you people" was the only thing he said that I understood.

For me, sitting in a lecture theater when suddenly four men dressed as Pacman+3 ghosts enter in the left side door, run from one end of the theater to the other making game noises with a camera guy running behind them, and exit through the right side door. The theater erupted in applause.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    A good 6 years ago I saw a ghetto wannabe guy at the mall trip on his pants while limping onto the escalator. Everything under and including his pants ended up being pulled down to his knees and he caught his fall with his hands by leaning far forward on the steps in a sort of push up position. He was having trouble balancing to stand back up to pull them up so ended up in that position, butt up in the air, for a good half way up the darn thing. Everyone was laughing at him and the poor people behind him were doing their best to avert their eyes. Once he reached the floor and had everything situated, he made himself look even more like an idiot by raising is arms up, doing that upward head jerk thing and yelled "what" and limped off at maximum speed.

---------- Post added 2011-03-01 at 10:57 PM ----------

I thought of another. My boyfriend and I were in the car driving to LA on a 2 lane freeway. At one point, there were 2 big rigs in the right lane that were going pretty dang fast, so I was barely catching up to them at 75-80 mph. As I approached, a woman in an SUV came flying up behind me and ended up riding my tail. She was scary close and must have been doing over 100 mph to catch up to me like that. I decide to drop down the to the speed limit and fall back to 65 mph. I look in the rear view mirror and she is RIGHT on my tail, flailing her arms around and honking the horn, hitting the steering wheel, then decides to veer into the next lane and ends up behind the two big rigs. I speed back up to what I was at, slowly passing the trucks again, and she whips out behind me again, riding my tail, laying on the horn, screaming and flailing....well as I pass the first rig she jerks out in front of it so is now sandwiched between the two and slows down again because they were going slower than I was. She jerks out again behind me and resumes her freaking outness. I then hear screaching tires and look behind me to see smoke billowing from her tires and was slowing waaaaay down while veering into the right lane, behind both rigs and my car, doubling back and turning off the freeway because she had missed her exit. Man...some people and their driving techniques floor me.
    Last edited by Scratchee; 2011-03-02 at 03:49 AM.

Deleted
    I love the nature in every aspect. Trees, animals the wideness, smells, and noises.
    For me it's the best to take a walk in the forest or sit in the garden or next to a lake and just be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, looking back at it, it is funny, but at the time it scared the shit out of us.

After painting someone house, my older brother and I are driving back to our house on the interstate in his '67 fairlane that he bought about 3 weeks beforehand. On one of the worst possible places on the interstate, we get a flat and have to pull off to the side. One of the other guys who assisted us in painting the house pulled up behind us to help switch out the tire. We were all in painting clothes and fiddling around with the high-lift jacks from both the Fairlane and the other guy's car when suddenly about four CHP cars pull up, lights blaring and the officers get out of the cars with guns drawn. We naturally surrendered, and an officer came up and called out to the others "Damnit! It is just a couple of high-lift jacks!" Apparently one of the California moron drivers that day called us in as being "Suspicious looking persons wielding military style weapons"

Scariest moment of my life, but thinking back on it, it is amusing.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Back on Halloween of last year, I was walking down the street with a few friends talking, then some guy ran over to this house and went to throw eggs at it, once the first one flew in the air, this guy in a bathrobe came running out with a tennis racket, chasing the egger.
    I rofl'd
    Almost literally.

Deleted
    Its not something funny, but wierd as hell, I saw this light orb hovering in the air going circles and than it just dived fast as *#*#" down in to the river like 100 feet away from me. Like 12 years ago, couldnt sleep that night O_o

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Moment of awe: After trekking through some mild hilly area in new zealand with my dad and sis, we came to the top of a waterfall. Some clouds, really blue sky, and a rainbow just made me sit down for half an hour contemplating the amount of beauty there still is in the world if we just know to look. Words will never be enough to describe the feeling I had that day.

Moment of funny: I was at San Diego zoo, and got one of those tourist maps of the place. I opened it, gave my sister the stupidest look i could possibly muster, and asked "hey, where's the you-are-here sign?". Just trollin', u know. She spent the next couple of minutes taking the map from me and wondering repeatedly "oh yeah, where is it???"