Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Karazhan - side door

After you enter the side enterance there is another door and it is locked. I can't get past this door. I've done the Opera event. Is there a way to get to the rest of the bosses? Thanks

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't there a switch from inside to unlock the side door?... Sorry been a while since seen kara

Ok. I'll search for a switch.

Indeed you need to unlock it from the other side first. This is to prevent players from leaving the instance to take a shortcut.
    Skipping all the trash. Even tho during most of TBC you could do it anyway. Unless its just bugged and that trash is still optional..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirron View Post
    Indeed you need to unlock it from the other side first. This is to prevent players from leaving the instance to take a shortcut.
    Skipping all the trash. Even tho during most of TBC you could do it anyway. Unless its just bugged and that trash is still optional..
    Yeah, we did this through TBC honestly. Why wouldn't you skip trash and just get ahead if you could?

lol... after opera, just go through the door on the left side of the stage, go upstairs, go through the door, and poof you're at the next area... where the side door would have put you
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

i assume we are talking about the back door, just before nightbane but after opera?

yea you need to open it from the inside before you can open it from outside, otherwise you would be able to skip like half the instance.

oh, btw, there is actually another locked door in kara, after you kill moroes and start making your way up to maiden, take a left at the top of the stairs and follow the route around to the far side, (roughly above the stairs leading to moroes from the front door) there is a locked door, that i believe would lead to moroes quarters (at least thats what i am lead to believe from the wow-archive book)

Deleted
    if you enter from the front entrance, you will find the whole thing much more simple and linear. done it 2 times this week, with a warr and a hunter. you still need the kara or blacksmithing key, or a rogue to pick the lock to enter. starting from the front door will allow you to do attumen as first boss, and the way will be much more easier. another tip i can give u is to search on wowwiki/wowpedia which provides a detailed map of the raid with the location of each boss.
    hope i've been helpful =)

Normally you'd do that trash it was called the money trash cause there were specific mobs that would drop 10g each and each player would get 1g per. If you were time restrained however you'd have a stealther go ahead and unlock it and the raid would run around the outside to skip trash.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    there is a switch on the inside that opens it, otherwise the only way to get in thru the side door is with a rogue

Deleted
    I'm fairly sure you just have to walk up to it while inside. Is it the one where the ghost trash is?

Yeah I'd say just do the instance from the front. It's how it was meant to be done. Karazhan is hugely immensely amazingly fun from any entrance though. They need to make another instance of quality and coolness like that. It was just great. And wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed running it.

didnt you kill the trash for rep to get a ring? cant remember

15+ Year Old Account
    But that trash was "The Money Trash". Some mobs would give each raid member an average of 10 gold, and all they were was an AoE fest.

Sometimes I skipped them, sometimes not. I believe they no longer drop ludicrous amounts of cash now because people can solo the place.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    But that trash was "The Money Trash". Some mobs would give each raid member an average of 10 gold, and all they were was an AoE fest.

Sometimes I skipped them, sometimes not. I believe they no longer drop ludicrous amounts of cash now because people can solo the place.
    They don't even drop money anymore. :<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipsed1234 View Post
    They don't even drop money anymore. :<
    They were the rich opera-goers in the box seats. As John Lennon once said - "People at the back feel free to clap, you in the front row just rattle your jewellery". I guess the recession has hit even the undead.

99% sure the side-door is unlocked after the Opera event is done. The lever is just for easy opening from the inside, like Violet Hold. You need the kara key to open it from the outside though, of course.

And yeah, those Ghostly Philanthropists were great back in the day, but they got nerfed. And now they're nerfing kara gold again. =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Karakkonor View Post
    Marksmanship . . . feels like you're driving a car with square wheels and a steering wheel made out of styrofoam (the cheap kind that breaks far too easily)(and is REALLY squeaky).

Quote Originally Posted by Acker View Post
    99% sure the side-door is unlocked after the Opera event is done. The lever is just for easy opening from the inside, like Violet Hold. You need the kara key to open it from the outside though, of course.

And yeah, those Ghostly Philanthropists were great back in the day, but they got nerfed. And now they're nerfing kara gold again. =(
    Nope. Inner Side Entrance Door says "Locked" after completing Huntsman/Moroes/Opera & Curator. You can however swing past the money pulls and go straight to it and unlock it by clicking on the door. It no longer has "locked" on it after this.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just go up to the door and it will open provided you've cleared oprea beforehand. Don't bother trying to open it from the other side if you don't do that first because it won't, not that you need to open the door anyway to clear the instance.

The back door was bugged throughout the entire expansion where Karazhan was relevant content -- the bug being that you could open the door from the outside after the Opera event. With the release of Wrath, Blizzard "fixed" this bug, making it so that you have to open the back door from the inside to unlock it on the outside.