10+ Year Old Account

Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds!

Sometimes i don't believe my luck.

I have just got Zin'Rokh on my 44th Troll archaeology solve (44 including leveling solves)
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=64377/zi...oyer-of-worlds

Is it better for dps or tanking?

My tanking weapon is the sword from Ozruk
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=55811

My dps weapon is the mace from GB
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=56456

Deleted
    Good for you and it's better for both tanking and DPS.

What do you play more, tank or dps?
    It is verry simple, use the best weapon for your main spec. Stats does not matter that much as long as the ilvls are not the same.

Until you can get a 2h with Exp/Hit/Mastery (any two of those), use it for tanking, but the crit is more or less usless for a tank. DPS on the otherhand....duh.

you dont need hit or expertise as a tank anymore so just use what hits the hardest for biggest death strikes. (in this case the sword)

Zin'rokh, Destroyer of lives you mean. Look in the Professions forums. Some poor soul did 805 troll solves and it still hadn't proc'd for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best weapon pre heroic for tanks is the mace off of magmaw, till then use zin'rokh. Grats btw and also ,,l,,-_-,,l,,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tykku View Post
    Best weapon pre heroic for tanks is the mace off of magmaw, till then use zin'rokh. Grats btw and also ,,l,,-_-,,l,,
    Would you recommend reforging hit or crit to mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    Would you recommend reforging hit or crit to mastery?
    Reforge the crit to mastery. Hit is far more useful than the crit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

I've been using Zin'Rokh for over a month now (got it between 30-40 solves), mostly for tanking, and finding I get 30k+ death strikes. For you, I suppose it depends on what you want to plan to do most of the time. Will you be tanking or dps'ing most of the time? Tanking dungeons or raids? DPS for dungeons, raids, or just questing, etc?

For me, I try to create multiple sets of gear, but the shared gear I just focus on tanking stats. I reforged the crit to expertise, btw. When I stay in blood spec, this thing still puts out enough dps to put most of the pugs to shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanking will be main role for raids.
    I normally queue as dps for heroics whilst doing my dailies.

I have full 346+ gear for both sets although my dps gear is missing a couple of enchants.

It's settled then. Zin'rokh reforged for tanking until i get Akirus.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    not sure how these other posts didn't realize this but Zin'rokh is epic. Therefore it has more stam on it AND does more damage to add to threat. This is what makes it superior for your primary spec. all you do is forge off the crit for mastery and bam you have a much better weapon. no real questions. this would be useful for BOTH dps and tanking. the ONLY difference would literally be the enchant which you can switch if you need but if you switch back and forth in a raid then just stay with the FC enchant if your not a main tank as it will still give you some threat, slight bit of parry, and heal you while tanking and then be useful for dps as well until you can get a different weapon for tanking and/or dpsing. the concept works fine.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Actually reforming crit to mastery and throwing rune of fc on it and you could reasonably use it for tank and dps. I'm using one weapon for both as of now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver View Post
    you dont need hit or expertise as a tank anymore so just use what hits the hardest for biggest death strikes. (in this case the sword)
    I disagree. Hit and Expertise isn't the best stats, but they shouldn't be neglected. Simple reason, Death Strike. If you've stacked mastery, you probably want a reasonable amount of hit and expertise. I'm not saying you should be capped, but a missed Death Strike is painful.

As for the OP, Zin'rokh is great for tanking until you get the weapon from Magmaw, which has Exp and Mastery on it. The increased DPS and Stamina makes it pretty great. Just reforge the crit to something more useful.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly: Zin'Rokh isn't that great of a tanking weapon. I'd probably rate it the same or slightly under the Sword you posted.

While the hit and additional stamina make it not all bad, you'd still want a weapon with mastery on it and possibly haste (Haste is a relatively decent survivalstat at around 70% the effectiveness of Mastery)

Akirus is still vastly superior to it.

Haste is a survival stat? Even with the 8secs already on Runes from IBP? WTB More light on subject!! Should I be tanking with my 359 haste/mastery gear over my 346 dodge/mastery?

EDIT: I realized after I posted this sounds like I'm being a doucher, which I'm not trying to be, I just never thought of Haste as survival, and after doin a little bit of browsing its pretty awesome. Crazy - I'm still not ready to give up my avoidance though!
    Quote Originally Posted by mhp
    Can I give you +1k internetz, Chokaa?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I disagree. Hit and Expertise isn't the best stats, but they shouldn't be neglected. Simple reason, Death Strike. If you've stacked mastery, you probably want a reasonable amount of hit and expertise. I'm not saying you should be capped, but a missed Death Strike is painful.
    Yes but the point is if you try to get any amount that you cant forge off or ignore then you are wasting much more viable stats. there is no reason to get hit and expertise at all past the amount that you cant forge off the gear you are wearing.
    they should not be neglected but only up to the point that you recognize them long enough to get rid of the stat off the gear with a reforge. THEN they get neglected

---------- Post added 2011-03-01 at 08:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    Akirus is still vastly superior to it.
    yeah Akirus is way better agreed.

but he didn't post that he said i have these weapons and the epic has the most stam and is just better for any situation till he gets either the mace or something similar.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've reforged it Crit to Mastery and runeforged it Swordshattering.

Seraphim - Aggramar

I'll also use it for dps with that enchant and reforge. Won't make much of a difference considering its my sub spec!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokaa View Post
    Haste is a survival stat? Even with the 8secs already on Runes from IBP? WTB More light on subject!! Should I be tanking with my 359 haste/mastery gear over my 346 dodge/mastery?
    no haste is NOT a survival stat... but stam is. since ANY 359 weapon has more stam than any 346 it makes it way better since you can just forge off the crit into dodge or something and the haste isn't useless it just isn't something you want as a tank but since there aren't any dodge/mastery or parry/dodge or any tanking combos that don't also include a dps combo and since he doesn't possess any of those anyways its the better choice to go with Zin.

---------- Post added 2011-03-01 at 08:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    I've reforged it Crit to Mastery and runeforged it Swordshattering.

Seraphim - Aggramar

I'll also use it for dps with that enchant and reforge. Won't make much of a difference considering its my sub spec!
    good choice.

woah gratz dude , it's an awesome weapon