Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hmm, usually my threads are moved from the general board to the specific boards that are more appropriate. Not complaining, but did the mod who moved this really feel the changes I proposed were not pvp-centric enough? Either way, more attention for it here, so yay.

Warriors are rock, mages are paper and rogues are scissors. And warlocks... are mushrooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Armor and weapon graphical issues.

I'm looking at you ponytails and shields

Quote Originally Posted by phazedin View Post

Every class seems to have a passive heal, even it out.
    Passive means 'without doing anything'. The only class that I can think off (because it's really the only class I keep up with) are Warriors if they're specced into those health-regen talents. Enraged Regeneration wouldn't count as a passive heal because it requires a cost and activation. How many classes have self-heals in which they are healed by doing nothing?

wall walking with levitate. getting outside the bubble in eots.

Quote Originally Posted by malpractis View Post
    no, i'm good with that... either way, seems to be enough to roflstomp your class.
    learn to take a joke.my days of fantasizing balanced pvp are gone
    ...still would be awsome to see that
    The only way Blizzard could effectively balance the game for PvP and PvE would be to remove all secondary stats from the game, remove talents. Give everyone the same abilities with different names/animations. The reason there will never be class balance is because as much as Blizzard wants to try and balance it they can't. This is because players will always come up with some combination of getting X stat, Y talent and combining it with Z to get something different than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayon View Post
    How many classes have self-heals in which they are healed by doing nothing?
    Not a class, but race -- Trolls. You know Regeneration is OP and needs to be nerfed :P
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2011-02-28 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnett View Post
    thank you for your fixes, person with years of experience in competitive game balancing and tangible proof of pvp knowledge
    Thank you! I thought I was the only one thinking this oO. (sarcasm was detected, fyi)

@topic: If you want to remove Death Grip, Leap of Faith and Heroic Leap, we're going to have to remove Disengage and Blink too, okay?
    Last edited by Samin; 2011-02-28 at 07:59 PM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

I agree with removing, or turning Death Grip, into a move like challenging shout, or challenging roar. Death Knights have Chains of Ice, Strangulate, AMS, AMZ and ghoul stun if unholy, reliable interrupt, it just seems silly to give them the perfect gap closer.

Same scenario happens every bg, "With correct use of my stun, CC, and snares abilities, I completely outplay you and get out of melee range." I THINK NOT *DEATHGRIP*

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Thank you! I thought I was the only one thinking this oO. (sarcasm was detected, fyi)
    Because you need to work in a game development field for years in order to tell what is or isn't balanced in a video game amirite? No, playing this game for over 4 years, and having played nearly every class at end-game, and PvPing in the 2400-2600 brackets on my main, means absolutely nothing in terms of my opinion on pvp game balance.

@topic: If you want to remove Death Grip, Leap of Faith and Heroic Leap, we're going to have to remove Disengage and Blink too, okay?
    Disengage and Blink are defensive CDs that have been in the game for years as core aspects of the classes in order to help them cope with other classes ever increasing arsenal of gap closers. Heroic Leap they essentially made as a clunky replacement for intercept in the last patch of nerfs to warriors. Lifegrip/Deathgrip is something that goes entirely against what used to be Blizzards policy in pvp (no abilities that displace another characters position) but they caved and put in anyway cause they are "OH SO COOL" regardless to what it does to game balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Danur View Post
    Disengage and Blink are defensive CDs that have been in the game for years as core aspects of the classes in order to help them cope with other classes ever increasing arsenal of gap closers. Heroic Leap they essentially made as a clunky replacement for intercept in the last patch of nerfs to warriors. Lifegrip/Deathgrip is something that goes entirely against what used to be Blizzards policy in pvp (no abilities that displace another characters position) but they caved and put in anyway cause they are "OH SO COOL" regardless to what it does to game balance.
    Blink has always been in the game as that, yes. Disengage, however hasn't. It wasn't till either at the start or midway through WotLK was it made into the defense mechanism it is now. Prior to the change all it did was make you stop attacking and attempt to remove you from combat, not much of a defense mechanism.

Because you need to work in a game development field for years in order to tell what is or isn't balanced in a video game amirite? No, playing this game for over 4 years, and having played nearly every class at end-game, and PvPing in the 2400-2600 brackets on my main, means absolutely nothing in terms of my opinion on pvp game balance.

Disengage is actually fairly new... well the new mechanics of it.

When i played a hunter back in vanilla, i believe all it did was drop some threat.

Yeh blizz did say how they didn't want pvp knockbacks in the game for that reason, yet then life and death grip show up.... I guess they are a not as random though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Blink has always been in the game as that, yes. Disengage, however hasn't. It wasn't till either at the start or midway through WotLK was it made into the defense mechanism it is now. Prior to the change all it did was make you stop attacking and attempt to remove you from combat, not much of a defense mechanism.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Disengage is actually fairly new... well the new mechanics of it.

When i played a hunter back in vanilla, i believe all it did was drop some threat.
    I never said disengage was always that way, I said it's been that way for years to help cope with everyone having gap closers on classes (notably hunters) that NEED to stay at range in able to sustain threatening damage.

Date the change was made: WotLK Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): This ability has been re-designed. Now leaps the Hunter backwards up to 13 yards. 30 second cooldown. Disengage now also only has one rank (rank 1).

It's been like that a while now, hardly new >.>

Man why u hate dks, u pretty much hate frost dks it seems.
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

Because you need to work in a game development field for years in order to tell what is or isn't balanced in a video game amirite?
    Being able to tell what's not balanced != being able to come up with reasonable solutions
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebes View Post
    Man why u hate dks, u pretty much hate frost dks it seems.
    DK hate runs deep. In all honesty though I do realize that if they did implement ALL of those nerfs, DKs would be completely unviable. But something has to go with them :P

i agree with many of your points but can't really see all the side effects the changes might cause. and i can see how this is hard for blizz also, they should really think about making a server where ppl who wanted to could go play the game with the new changes and see how they work and then alter them as necessary......

..............and then actually pay attention to what happens on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixon View Post
    i agree with many of your points but can't really see all the side effects the changes might cause. and i can see how this is hard for blizz also, they should really think about making a server where ppl who wanted to could go play the game with the new changes and see how they work and then alter them as necessary......

..............and then actually pay attention to what happens on it.
    This post wins the thread. Blizz's disregard for the PTR, and their sad attempt at explaining why they disregard it is disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
    dear blizz,

Please fix paper, paper is wayyy too op, scissors are ok

sincerely,

Rock
    sig'd. that's tremendous.
    When cat durid is FITE do not ask for HEEL and NINIRVATE!
    And we got a bare. Him is not nise bare because him is gonna eat a fase! Bares mostly like the taste of fase!

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
    dear blizz,
    please fix paper, paper is wayyy too op, scissors are ok
    sincerely,
    Rock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnett View Post
    thank you for your fixes, person with years of experience in competitive game balancing and tangible proof of pvp knowledge
    idk why, but i smiled when i read this haha, thanks

Only one that sounds like it isn't qq would be the 2 having to do with bandaids, which I would like very much. Btw, most, if not all, of these aren't bugs...
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon