Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BM Stat Priority

Greetings, everyone:

I just have a brief question. I just ding my Hunter to 85. Could someone tell me the stat priority for Beast Master? My search on the forum is 411'ing and I have limited internet here at work to hit up Elitist Jerks. Much appreciated.

Crit > Mastery >>>>> Haste

Thank you, Rukentuts. Why is Haste the worse of the 3?

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: I can't read, ignore me. Not that it matters because my fail was quoted anyway. >.>
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-02-28 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatTM View Post
    Thank you, Rukentuts. Why is Haste the worse of the 3?
    Really isn't too baller for any of the three specs (to a certain extent) and since Focus Fire gives us 15% we basically just ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    So Ruken, considering BM's mastery directly buffs pet damage and gives you a stronger KC, why have you completely ignored it? Just wondering--my hunter is still 80 so I haven't been able to play with it myself yet.
    Huh? I don't understand what you mean. Mastery is a strong stat (as is crit for killing streak and well...its crit) which is why I used only 1 > as opposed to the comparison with haste.

Edit x2: It appears the armory is bugged with Mastery for Hunters. The number I have translates to 29%. Slightly off topic but nonetheless a noob's observation
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2011-02-28 at 07:38 PM.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Huh? I don't understand what you mean.

Edit x2: It appears the armory is bugged with Mastery for Hunters. The number I have translates to 29%. Slightly off topic but nonetheless a noob's observation
    I'm blind. Sorry. I have no idea what I was reading there, but it wasn't Mastery. >.>

How is BM doing after the Hawk buff, by the way?
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-02-28 at 07:41 PM.

Well I thought it goes MM (slightly better for standstill nukes) > BM (more movement forgiving) >>> Surv.

This is for 25m as well. If you don't have 10% haste buff for 10m normal then Surv might get a second look.

As always, play the spec that brings the buff your group needs. It's more important than your individual DPS.

I've been raiding BM after the patch and i can do a good 18k-22k dps depending on the fight. i got surv for aoe fights or when our DK can't make the raid. i'd say BM's in a good spot atm

10+ Year Old Account
    AFAIK, you want to have Haste set up to hit the soft cap before anything else so you can fit 3 or 4 (i forget exactly) Cobra Shots in between Kill Command cooldowns. Having 10 - 13% haste will allow you to have 20 - 23% in raids (with the buff from SV hunters, Frost DK, etc.)

so, Hit > Haste (up to 10%-13%) > Crit > Mastery > Haste

This is the way it is in SV and I'm just assuming it's the same seeing as how both spec's major cooldown ablilty is on a 6 second cooldown. I may very well be wrong, but I gear this way and have always been top 3 on DPS as both BM and SV in our 25m raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Jemb View Post
    AFAIK, you want to have Haste set up to hit the soft cap before anything else so you can fit 3 or 4 (i forget exactly) Cobra Shots in between Kill Command cooldowns. Having 10 - 13% haste will allow you to have 20 - 23% in raids (with the buff from SV hunters, Frost DK, etc.)

This is the way it is in SV and I'm just assuming it's the same seeing as how both spec's major cooldown ablilty is on a 6 second cooldown. I may very well be wrong, but I gear this way and have always been top 3 on DPS as both BM and SV in our 25m raids.
    Yup basically, enough haste to get a 1.6 cast time from cobra then Crit & Mastery, usually keeping Crit slightly ahead of mastery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Ice cream sales increase in the summer over the rest of the year (this is established fact). The number of drownings increase in the summer over the rest of the year (this is also established fact). By your logic ... ice cream causes people to drown.

Keep in mind you get 15% from Focus Fire which is up >80% of the time.

Your wrong, you dont do Kill Command > 3x Cobra shot, kill command, we're not playing survival.

You dont really want that much haste as BM, since the stat is kinda worthless, your spamming so much arcane shot that its unbelieveable. Haste is a DPS buff, but apart from Focus Fire and the 10% haste, you really just want to avoid haste since crit is better and mastery isnt as good as crit, but still better than haste.

The time to use Cobra shot is when you either:
    A) Need the focus.

B) Have already gotten the arcane shot proc (15% chance to make next two pet basic attacks critical hit) you want to do a cobra shot after that unless your in bestial wrath or have to move, since if you get the proc again a second later, its wasted.

And if anyone is wondering, BM is a head in alot of fights now because of the hawk buff, use a Chimera for AoE on Maloriak HC (its better than MM AoE), still not sure if you should spam arcane shot or multishot though... since multishot hits like a mage.

No matter what gear your wearing, with 10% haste buff and focus fire, your haste will do fine.

In raids i have 1.3 second cast time on my Cobra shot w/ 4piece and around 4-5% haste
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

BM is in a pretty good spot. Though, if you have 3% buff and heroism, do not go BM for pure DPS reasons. Missing one of those in your raid, then BM will be higher DPS raidwise. I raid mainly BM now since we lack a ret pally and arcane is bad. Im not a top player by any means, and my gear isnt the greatest either (though if you armory me, I just recently got 4 upgrades so my gear looks a lot better then when it did in the log im about to post :P) 22k even in a heavy movement fight is not unheard of for BM, and the fact that I can achieve this number means that players better then me could achieve much more!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...astery_Hunter/

This is 25 man normal
    Look at #1, yes, this is partially shameless gloating :P

OT: Crit > Mastery >>>>> Haste as was said before.
    Last edited by Vongimi; 2011-03-01 at 09:08 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    BM is in a pretty good spot. Though, if you have 3% buff and heroism, do not go BM for pure DPS reasons. Missing one of those in your raid, then BM will be higher DPS raidwise. I raid mainly BM now since we lack a ret pally and arcane is bad. Im not a top player by any means, and my gear isnt the greatest either (though if you armory me, I just recently got 4 upgrades so my gear looks a lot better then when it did in the log im about to post :P) 22k even in a heavy movement fight is not unheard of for BM, and the fact that I can achieve this number means that players better then me could achieve much more!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...astery_Hunter/

This is 25 man normal
    Look at #1, yes, this is partially shameless gloating :P

OT: Crit > Mastery >>>>> Haste as was said before.
    I disagree with not choosing BM for pure DPS reasons.

BM is alot more consistant damage, it will perform better in most cases than Marksman on movement intensive fights.

A thing you need to keep in mind is Careful Aim, this provide a retarded high DPS boost for MM at the start of the fight, however, if a boss doesnt stay above that for long, or its the lol phase that doesn't matter whatsoever and the DPS burn phase comes in another phase, BM might not show above on dmg done, but it WILL be above MM sub 80% of a boss' health.

If we're talking about a fight like Omnotron or maybe Valiona n' Theralion, then ye, MM will probably come a little ahead, but also remember both of those have alot of movement in them, which can fuck up MM, while BM laughs and cast an arcane shot. BM can also multidot with SpS on both of those fights (less so on Omnotron cause of the shields though).
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Really isn't too baller for any of the three specs (to a certain extent) and since Focus Fire gives us 15% we basically just ignore it.
    Haste is better than crit and mastery as MM. Your pet does not scale with haste, that is why it's bad as BM.

Anyone noticed a DPS loss (about 300 DPS) while simming on FD the mass-reforge to Mastery on gear?
    I respecced from MM to BM, hence I need to reforge my extra Haste into Mastery. The problem is I have a DPS loss when trying to do so, which is weird.
    Is femaledwarf not correctly updated for 4.06, related to stats weight for BM, that is? I never tried to change them, so I didn't mess them up, I'm using the standard configuration.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by guzacon; 2011-03-01 at 01:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scmeck View Post
    Haste is better than crit and mastery as MM. Your pet does not scale with haste, that is why it's bad as BM.
    Since cataclysm pets inherit haste, but they already have fast attack speed with frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    And if anyone is wondering, BM is a head in alot of fights now because of the hawk buff, use a Chimera for AoE on Maloriak HC (its better than MM AoE), still not sure if you should spam arcane shot or multishot though... since multishot hits like a mage.
    On Maloriak HC, i use 2 aoe pets : Chimera for dark phase and worm for green phase.

Worm's burrow attack is nice for burst aoe like Chogall blood (forget the name), Magmaw worms and Maloriak green phase. The only drawback is you need to find a good place because the pet is static during the aoe.

Tip for chimera : Watch the frostbreath channeling (with and addon like needtoknow or tellemewhen) and kill command at the end of the channeling. Don't use kc during the frostbreath because chimera can't use abilities during the channeling.

I try to save Bestial Wrath for aoe, multishot during bw and arcane shot + kill command after (with explosive trap).

Quote Originally Posted by guzacon View Post
    Anyone noticed a DPS loss (about 300 DPS) while simming on FD the mass-reforge to Mastery on gear?
    I respecced from MM to BM, hence I need to reforge my extra Haste into Mastery. The problem is I have a DPS loss when trying to do so, which is weird.
    Is femaledwarf not correctly updated for 4.06, related to stats weight for BM, that is? I never tried to change them, so I didn't mess them up, I'm using the standard configuration.

Thanks in advance
    FD did a re-design in spreadsheet how it handles haste for MM, which has wierded out its system for the other specs

Reforge calculator

Quote Originally Posted by scmeck View Post
    There is a soft cap for haste, which is extremely low. You can find a reforge calc here:

reforgecalc.de/index.php