NEF 10 man RNG??

So, my guild has killed 10 man nef twice now and we always seem to wipe 2-3 times because of RNG during phase 2. When phase 2 starts, we tend to have people die.. not because of too many magma stacks but because of a complete spam of the shadow barrage on 1 particular group. Usually, it seems to be the group that has 4 players on it.

Does anyone else experience this rng on nef?

Also, it may be worth noting that we push 3 crackles in phase 1, everyone pops their healthstones and we proceed from there, I don't think that effects it at all but I thought it would be worth mentioning.
    Last edited by Lirik; 2011-02-28 at 08:28 PM.

Make sure they're spread out on the pillar as much as possible.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

15+ Year Old Account
    We have not. After our first kill we have been 1 shotting it.(which is more than can be said for the blind dragon >_>)

Shadow Barrage does not splash. Btw

Not trying to be a dick, but in all honesty it's probably the healer on said platform. Either his skill is lacking or hes not using the correct allocation of heals to do the job.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ricky/advanced
    Oh noes, I have to actually put a moderate amount of work/effort into raiding? To MMO so i can shed my tears!

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rìckykrudd View Post
    Not trying to be a dick, but in all honesty it's probably the healer on said platform. Either his skill is lacking or hes not using the correct allocation of heals to do the job.
    Yeah, it's not really that RNG; the healers just have to be on top of their game, Crackles have to be timed well, and they need to balance pushing out those heals with managing their mana moreso than any other time during this fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    Make sure they're spread out on the pillar as much as possible.
    No.

There is no splash damage from barrage. Never was. No idea where this myth came from.

In my experience working on this fight on 10 man the 4 person platform got nailed more than the other 2 also. It could simply be that the extra person increases the change for barrage.

Best tip is put your best healer on the 4 person platform and maybe even a spot healer for the first 10 seconds.

Also, have as many of your guild wear the Mirror trinket from Tol Barad, anyone serious about doing the current raid content should have one it helps when learning fights. A Number of the heroic encounters its useful on also.