Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    I'm sorry to break it to you, but minus shadows, my Laptop ran WoW on full ultra at that reso. Kthxbye.
    That's not ultra then and sure, any PC can run Ultra but not at sustainable FPS.
    Last edited by Saithes; 2011-03-02 at 11:21 PM.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

I'm sorry to break it to you, but minus shadows, my Laptop ran WoW on full ultra at that reso. Kthxbye.
    Precisely the point.
    You can't handle full ultra.
    Ultra-minus shadows is another point altogether.

No shadows, not full ultra. Your FPS will drop a lot when turning that option on.

---------- Post added 2011-03-03 at 03:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post

This is on my G73JW laptop.
    In a completely empty Org. Impressive I must say. When that place is fully crowded, you'll drop to under 30 FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Really? Solo-questing? There's no computer out there, today, that can support full ultra with anything remotely taxing at that resolution - be it laptop or desktop.
    Kidding right? I have a core i7 sandy bridge at 4.5ghz and 2 GTX 580s in SLI. I run WoW with everything at ultra, yes shadows as well, with over 100fps in nearly everything.

oh yeah, and at 1920/1080 res as well.

There isn't a setup that can run WoW with everything maxed out and get smooth frame rates all the time, just remember that. Everyone's frame rates drop when a lot of things are happening on screen, this is simply a limit of the engine WoW runs on. Don't be surprised when yours do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Exp View Post
    Kidding right? I have a core i7 sandy bridge at 4.5ghz and 2 GTX 580s in SLI. I run WoW with everything at ultra, yes shadows as well, with over 100fps in nearly everything.

Sigh.....nope......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exp View Post

Heh, my i7 2600K and Dual GTX 460's can run Ultra with shadows as well.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

10+ Year Old Account
    My SR2 build,with my 480's chews Ultra up on WoW....the only game that gives me any trouble is Metro 2033 in DX11 mode,full tesselation

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat2005 View Post
    Yay or Nay?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834220921

even if i cant run on Max or Ultra settings will it have decent FPS once i remove all of the bloatware?
    I was looking at buying the 17 inch one. I'm quite fond of ASUS gear, I had an F3Ka computer, and it was incredible. I ran that for four years or so. Great laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/

Consider using this.

Then http://ninite.com/

Even if you did jump the gun you may file for RMA if you do use more than 2 SATA ports.
    The better mobos have 4x SATA3

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    The better mobos have 4x SATA3
    Yep, as I use one. But most do have 2.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAlaska View Post
    I was looking at buying the 17 inch one. I'm quite fond of ASUS gear, I had an F3Ka computer, and it was incredible. I ran that for four years or so. Great laptop.
    Its amazing, that screenie is was taken using the G73.

Its heavy/bulky though. Barely fits in the backpack it comes in.