Thread: Outland Herbs

Outland Herbs

Anyone know where the biggest cluster(s) of herbs are in Outland? I'm trying to power-level my Inscription, and it's been a hassle compared to noobier zones. Tips/help always appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW.

Head.

Finished!
    "A drug person can learn to cope with things like seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth. But no one should be asked to handle this trip. "

10+ Year Old Account
    the AH maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Anyone know where the biggest cluster(s) of herbs are in Outland? I'm trying to power-level my Inscription, and it's been a hassle compared to noobier zones. Tips/help always appreciated.
    I have a vauge memory of killing the big trees in the daily area in terokkar. they used to have all kind of goodies when you herbed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recall Terokkar having quite alot of herbs, Terocone and Felweed specifically. I was levelling my herbalism/alchemy in there a month ago.

Alternatively mapwow.com

I usually tour Hellfire Peninsula for Felweed. They grow there in abundance (but I haven't checked recently).

Deleted
    Fly circuits of zangarmarsh, the felweed is too dispersed around hellfire to make it worthwhile imo.

I would have to say, Terokkar. I leveled 4 herbalist and Terokkar always seemed to have the most herbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ivarh View Post
    I have a vauge memory of killing the big trees in the daily area in terokkar. they used to have all kind of goodies when you herbed them.
    I hate to admit it but these are awesome mobs to kill, the items they drop sell decently, the real gold is to 'Herb' their corpse, 8-13 random herbs and 3-7 Mote of Life, (+33 Sha'Tari SG Rep if you want Nether Rays eventually <3). Just do small circuits around Terokkar hitting Skettis about every 5-7 minutes for the Elite Tree Mobs (Trents??). I did that for about a day earning me enough Mote of Life/Rare Ink to make 30 something BC Darkmoon cards (since I'm farming the Rep now). The nice thing is you can skip some WotLK mats and continue to make the cards until Green/Gray or when you would hit a +3 item.

Deleted
    I'd recommend you to farm in Terokkar Forest as well. Hellfire Peninsula and Zangarmarsh have Azerothian herbs as well which mill into Silvery Pigment (Mountain Silversage, Dreamfoil, Golden Sansam) and Violet Pigment (Blindweed), so Outland herbs which mill into Nether Pigment don't grow as close together as they do in Terokkar.

The elite mobs people talk about in this thread are corrupted Ancient protectors, corrupted versions of those big trees Night Elves are allied with, called Talonsworn Forest-Ragers and they are located in Skettis. They don't drop much interesting loot but give a lot of herbs when their corpses are salvaged by using the herbalism skill.

Right, thanks for all the answers.

My herb and inscription levels are now ready for Northrend.

I know I am late for the party, but if your toon is lv 80 or above, farm those Netherstorm dungeons, especially The Botancia. LOTS of Outland herbs. Terecone, Felweed, Dreaming Glory, Netherbloom, you name it.