Poll: Do you use Master Looter?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Dislodged Foreign Object is the reason why I believe we should ALWAYS use Master Loot.

Reason: Dislodged Foreign Object dropped after around 10 kills of Rotface, I had killed him 10 times and it had never dropped, somebody else had just joined the Guild on the day when it finally dropped. We always run Master Looter, but on this day our Raid Leaders forgot, and this person out-rolled me. Yes, some may say Need Before Greed is fairer and he won fair and square, and I agree. But I had worked hard for that drop, and that person had not. (He even died in the attempted and argued at the healers). Definately not deserving of the loot he got.

Although everything happens for a reason, because the next week, we downed Rotface on Heroic, and Dislodged Foreign Object has dropped, if I had won it the week before, then I would have been stuck with the normal version.

Deleted
    We basically have need before greed system for loot, but still I always set up master looter with epic as treshold. The reason is that with master looter there's absolutely no urgency to discuss on things: even when being allowed to roll on every single thing their mainspec uses my guildmates generally aren't selfish douches and want to negotiate and look at other people's gears and consider passing.

That and a couple of people not having a mic / refraining from using it being kind of annoying with 2x 13 (?) lines of text per boss.

We raid with loot council ever since Need > Greed led to some unfortunate loot drama during ICC (cough, crap initiate warrior taking Tiny Abomination over top 3 damage enh shaman, cough). Well, it wasn't true Need > Greed... master loot was still used, just highest roll took it regardless, assuming MS over OS. In any casual guild, your line-up will generally not be consistent enough to always bring totally trusted members, and I wouldn't put it past even some of our older raiders to abuse a loot system if it got them geared enough to move into a more progressed guild (9/12 currently btw). Need > Greed might work better in some of the better raiding guilds, but generally those guys are dedicated enough to want to put the gear in the best position to down new bosses.

Need Greed works in pugs, guilds really ought to stick with master loot unless there is COMPLETE trust between everyone.

Deleted
    Short answer: Yes.
    Long answer: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guild loot set by Group looting, anything a member needs can be "Needed". Otherwise has to be passed by everyone except for the enchanter who greeds and disenchants.

Yes i am in a 10man guild.
    No, we do not use DKP.

Deleted
    Unless you don't raid with asshole/baddies, losing an item won't feel like it's the end of the world. Definitely sounds like lot of people in here should try that sometime. Repulsive to see how uptight some can be when it's about purps.

Deleted
    The 2-5 minutes after a boss kill can get much more interesting using a master looter because of the piecewise distribution of items (however that is handled) instead of just clicking need/greed. But if you already have that content on farm and still must wait these 5 minutes after every bosskill, it can become quite bothersome.

10 man: Group loot. Common sense is a must, but you're entitled to anything.
    25 man: ML with loot council. Will discuss who item benefits most, or what way it benefits guild the most. Seems more clean being able to award people loot rather than telling them to just pick it up.

Deleted
    My guild is using an add-on called EPGP. An awesome add-on imho. It calculates your priority by your raid attendance and by the number and kind of items you already got.

Deleted
    All the guilds I've ever been in, ML was on - ALWAYS.

The smaller 10 man guild I'm in now also uses ML. Not that we don't trust each other, it's just you never know and someone might press greed/need instead of pass or w/e.

We use Loot Council and have yet to see anyone unhappy about our decisions. Raiders>trials. Officers gets no prio just because of their rank, but ppl who have a higher attendance, have put in alot of work/effort to learn strats, power lvl a new profession, always on time ready to summon slackers etc. - those ppl will be remembered when handing out loot.

we use suicide kings so its easier to keep track of loot using master looter

Lets say that you are in a guild for over a year and you have 100% attendance... an item drops that you where looking for a long time, but another player needs it too! He is in guild for the same time as you are and his gear is about the same as yours, but his attendance is 50%.
    He wins the roll... is it fair for you? I know that you might find the item next time, but wouldn't it be better if you had a DKP system with Master Looter on?
    This way none would have any problems and all would be happy!

10+ Year Old Account
    We use Master Looter to streamline the process after a boss goes down.
    There are no trust issues - no one worries about ninja looting - we just do it to make the process quick.
    Rather than have a bunch of 'pass' spam in your chat box - or even worse, someone DC's during an encounter, and holds up a loot roll - we just have one person pass it out.

This also makes it easier to pass loot to be sharded to the designated disenchanter.

Truthfully, there is little to no competition between most roles in our raid for gear, and among those who do compete (our priests, for example), the race is not to see 'who gets it first', but to 'who passes first'. Both of them think the other person deserves it more, so both of them pass, and insist the other take it. Eventually one person convinces the other to take it.

The only other pieces that have any sort of competition are leather melee pieces, and that's between a boyfriend/girlfriend who play; they figure out who gets what, and who sleeps on the couch that night, haha.

My guild doesn't use DKP or EGPG or masterlooter, it doesn't care about your wishlist or your BiS items and we have no loot council, hell we don't even roll for items... In Mayhem, we use ROCK! PAPER! SCISSORS!! 'Cus thats how we roll!

Deleted
    We use Loot Council, which is a great thing. The loot gets shared evenly around, so none sits at full epic and one with full blues.

But we use a combination of ML & LC. (Group loot sometimes).

15+ Year Old Account
    Cause people have proven at more than one occation that they can´t be trusted not to press the disenchant button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Cause people have proven at more than one occation that they can´t be trusted not to press the disenchant button.
    Yes, this is also a very real fear, especially with trash drops.
    People usually won't automatically click 'disenchant' after a boss goes down, but during trash, when greens and stuff are dropping?
    Honestly, who pays attention during trash?

Master looter. Only raided with a casual raiding guild and never really had many problems with loot distribution. If someone won more than one items, grats to them. Had members pass to other who needed it more. Done it a few times myself. It doesn't really matter what system is in use as long the people in the raid are fair to each others and see the bigger picture rather than their own self interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Master Looter is for pugs and bad guilds.

It's not used in any decent guilds, people just click the 'pass' button.
    Spoken like a true ninja.

Master looter is fine to use. It is entirely up the guild.