Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Patch 4.1 Notes - February 28 Update

Update - The patch notes have been updated once again with the resilience changes and more class changes. New additions have been marked in the notes below!

World of Warcraft PTR Patch 4.1 - Updated February 28th
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    • x - Notes added in the 2nd notes update of the day.

General
    • Flying mounts can now be used in Ghostlands.
    • x Resilience scaling has been modified for linear returns, as opposed to increasing returns. Under the new formula, going from 30 resilience to 40 resilience gives players the same increase to survivability as going from 0 to 10. Resilience now scales in the same way armor and magic resistances do. A player with 32.5% damage reduction from resilience in 4.0.6 should see their damage reduction unchanged in 4.1. Those with less than 32.5% will gain slightly. Those with more will lose some damage reduction, increasingly so as their resilience climbs.

Classes

Death Knight (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • x Raise Ally has been redesigned to be a battle resurrection, analogous to Rebirth. It is instant cast, but costs 50 Runic Power to use, and has a 10-minute cooldown. It shares the same global battle resurrection cap with Rebirth and Soulstone.

Blood

Frost
    • x Frost Strike now deals 130% of weapon damage, up from 110%.
    • x Howling Blast damage has been increased by 20%. To compensate, the area-of-effect splash now does 50% of the single-target damage, down from 60%. The net result of this change leaves the area-of-effect damage roughly the same as 4.0.6 numbers.

Glyph

Druid (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Cyclone duration has been reduced to 5 seconds, down from 6.
    • Lifebloom's bloom effect has been reduced by 20%. In addition, it now costs 11% of base mana, up from 7%.
    • Stampeding Roar's duration has been increased to 8 seconds, up from 6. The movement speed effect has been increased to 60%, up from 40%.
    • x Swipe (Bear) cooldown has been reduced to 3 seconds, down from 6.

Balance

Restoration
    • x Gift of Nature (passive) also reduces Tranquility’s cooldown by 2.5/5 minutes.

Paladin (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Holy
    • Aura Mastery: This ability no longer increases the benefit granted by Crusader Aura.

Priest (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)

Discipline

Warlock (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Affliction
    • Haunt damage has been increased by 30%.
    • x Shadow Mastery (passive) has been increased to 30%, up from 25%.

Demonology
    • Mana Feed now restores more mana (four times as much) when the warlock is using a Felguard or Felhunter.

Pet
    • Doomguard's damage has been increased by 50%. The Doomguard is intended to be the best guardian for single-target damage, and the Infernal the best when there are multiple targets.
    • x Shadow Bite (Felhunter) damage and effect has doubled.

Warrior (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)

Arms
    • Juggernaut no longer adds 2 seconds to the Charge stun, but instead lowers the cooldown of Charge by 2 seconds (to 13 seconds total without the glyph).
    • Lambs to the Slaughter now causes Mortal Strike to refresh Rend in addition to its current effects.

Fury
    • Flurry haste bonus has been doubled to 16/32/50%.

Protection
    • Shield Mastery no longer affects the cooldown of Spell Reflection, however, it now allows Shield Block to reduce magic damage as well.
    • Gag Order now only affects Heroic Throw.

Glyphs

Dungeons & Raids
    • The gold amounts on the following encounters have been substantially reduced: Flame Leviathan, Magtheridon, Gruul the Dragonkiller, Doom Lord Kazzak, and all encounters in Karazhan.

Items
    Item Sets
    • x The current damage-dealing death knight 4-piece raid set bonus now also grants increased attack power when Killing Machine triggers, as well as when the death knight gains Death Runes).
    • x The current Holy paladin 4-piece raid set bonus now grants 540 Spirit for 6 seconds after casting Holy Shock.

PvP
    Battlegrounds
    • The Focused Assault and Brutal Assault buffs have changed.
      • After 3 minutes of both teams having the flag, both flag carriers will get Focused Assault, which increases damage taken by 10%.
      • Every minute afterward, an additional stack will be applied to increase damage taken by an additional 10%.
      • After 7 minutes, Brutal Assault will be applied in place of Focused Assault. In additional to the damage debuff, this debuff also caps the player's movement speed at 100%. The damage taken debuff works the same and will add 10% to the debuff up to a maximum of 100% damage taken.
    • The Battle for Gilneas
      • Graveyard Changes
        • Players who die at a control point that they own will now be teleported to the next closest graveyard, instead of the one at which they died.
        • If a player's team owns the Mine and Waterworks, and dies at Waterworks, they will be teleported to the Mine.
        • If an Alliance player's team only owns Lighthouse, and dies at Lighthouse, they will respawn at their base.
        • If a Horde player's team owns Waterworks and Mine, and dies at Lighthouse, they will respawn at Waterworks.

Quests & Creatures
    • A handful of quests have been added to Northern Barrens to provide more level 18-20 content. Look for new quests at Nozzlepot's Outpost and Darsok's Outpost.

User Interface
    • Like the Focus Frame, the character Unit and Target Frames can now be unlocked and moved to one's content.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-03-01 at 04:07 AM.

You missed:

General

•Flying mounts can now be used in Ghostlands.

You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    First!

Nice/decent change on the warrior pummel..

Edit: Second... >.>

Ouch, my Druid...

really?they nerfed kara drops again?I eman its not like the economy is completely busted and people are running around with only 50k spending change /s.

Also star-surge nerf wasn't needed , balance is already behind by a significant amount already.

* Like the Focus Frame, the character Unit and Target Frames can now be unlocked and moved to one's content.
    Finally i can use the default UI without having to use a script to move my frames.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    User Interface
    Like the Focus Frame, the character Unit and Target Frames can now be unlocked and moved to one's content.
    Only a billion years too late.

Also, what's with these mad Fury buffs like fury needs it? I'm not gonna complain but I expected nerfs, not buffs.

"Like the Focus Frame, the character Unit and Target Frames can now be unlocked and moved to one's content."

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Where's my mage buff?!

I wonder if shamans will get a defensive cooldown in 4.1...

Probably not, ele will just stay shit forever in pvp.

Wow. As much as I like to see warrior nerfs... Shield Bash removed? Really? What?

Really?

Oh, and Karazhan gold nerf. That's nice. Real classy.

Patch 4.1: No Fun Allowed

10+ Year Old Account
    wooo! warrior changes, Arms just keeps getting better in PvE. Though the spell reflection change makes me sad. I'm gonna get focused even more in PvP

Great...another Boomkin nerf.....also LB looks like it's going back to like it was in Wrath or somewhere near aka useless....

Big changes. Interesting. MOAR!!

I can't wait to hear all of the crying from druids..
    What I'm really confused about is why on earth is shield bash being removed?

Shield bash removal inst so bad....they just simplified warriors. its not too much of a Nerf since tanks can now use pummel instead of shield bash and it does much the same thing. Even has a lower CD then shield bash did

Missed some more changes, they're on the blog

Raise Ally has been redesigned to be a battle resurrection, analogous to Rebirth. It is instant cast, but costs 50 Runic Power to use, and has a 10-minute cooldown. It shares the same global battle resurrection cap with Rebirth and Soulstone.

"•Mana Feed now restores more mana (four times as much) when the warlock is using a Felguard or Felhunter."

I wonder if this will convince Demo/Afflic warlocks to stop using succubus, because this change only seems to bring these 2 pets closer to the succi's level and not above it like they should.
    What would really fix this is if they just gave lash of pain a 4 sec CD or so.
    Last edited by lombrie; 2011-03-01 at 03:43 AM.

That balance nerf hurts....

Deleted
    More druid nerfs... i wonder which, if not all, dev got pwned by a druid for all this druid hate to even be considered...

Blizzard is really just full of fail... digging their own grave...