Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Why do we need more races exactly? We have 6 races on each faction, we could easily split this into four separate groups. Consider some of the internal conflicts that have gone on lately, and how we could spread the races out into 4 factions.

Human, Dwarves, Gnomes
    Night Elves, Draenei, Worgen
    Orcs, Goblins, BEs?
    Undead, Trolls, Tauren

Here's some weak logic here, as I'm no loremaster so critique as needed:

Vol'jin doesn't like Garrosh, Cairne was killed, and the undead are tired of having Orcs in their city, Sylvanas dealing with Garrosh, and such. Seems Garrosh is a primary reason for these factions grouping off together. Regardless of how they feel about each other maybe, they understand that they cannot defend themselves alone.

Humans, dwarves, and gnomes have all been pretty close. Humans have dwarven and gnomish architecture in their city. Perhaps some sort of conflict goes on between the Night Elves, Draenei, and Worgen? If Blizzard can make a spaceship fall from the sky, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to generate some conflicts of interest. Don't play alliance anymore, so I'm not sure what's going on exactly. From the looks of it though, the NE's and Draenei became rather close in BC, and now with the Worgen, they've given them a tree to piss on-- I mean, a district in their capital.

/shrug

Gonna grab some coffee now...

Deleted
    The thing is, it's not that this change shouldn't happen that matters, it's that it can't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by LastBlood View Post
    The thing is, it's not that this change shouldn't happen that matters, it's that it can't happen.
    I am not sure this change falls into the impossible realm. Pretty sure blizz could make it work if they wanted to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I am not sure this change falls into the impossible realm. Pretty sure blizz could make it work if they wanted to.
    Six new playable races, including models and 1-85+ experience.
    Multiple new battlegrounds added for every level bracket.
    Updating of the original races as to not tip the popularity scales in favor of the new faction too much.
    Redesigning every, or at least many zones to put in new bases and camps for the new faction, or introducing an entirely new continent (or something similar) where the new faction is offered a leveling experience with contested zones (meaning Horde and Alliance will need to be able to quest there as well).

This is just what I come to think of without going too far into the subject. We're not talking a Cataclysm size revamp here, the project will need to be much larger than that. If they don't have it as a side project, any other expansion pack will be delayed for years. If they do have it as a side project, they'll just need to add more and more content until they've finally reached to a point where they've caught up, and that will take even longer.

It cannot happen.

Six new playable races, including models and 1-85+ experience.
    Multiple new battlegrounds added for every level bracket.
    Updating of the original races as to not tip the popularity scales in favor of the new faction too much.
    Redesigning every, or at least many zones to put in new bases and camps for the new faction, or introducing an entirely new continent (or something similar) where the new faction is offered a leveling experience with contested zones (meaning Horde and Alliance will need to be able to quest there as well).

This is just what I come to think of without going too far into the subject. We're not talking a Cataclysm size revamp here, the project will need to be much larger than that. If they don't have it as a side project, any other expansion pack will be delayed for years. If they do have it as a side project, they'll just need to add more and more content until they've finally reached to a point where they've caught up, and that will take even longer.

It cannot happen.
    Well sure if they wanted to pretend the faction was there from the get go... still would be possible, but not really worth doing. They could however crash another ship into the world and have that be the third faction (or something similar).

Deleted
    Well sure if they wanted to pretend the faction was there from the get go... still would be possible, but not really worth doing. They could however crash another ship into the world and have that be the third faction (or something similar).
    Whatever you do, you still need a complete leveling experience, from 1-85+, including contested zones with bases belonging to multiple factions. You still need at least four new capital cities. And they cannot simply pull a Draenei on us with six different races. There needs to be a clear lore reason for this faction to start existing. It cannot be too good or too evil.

Deleted
    if all races could join faction 3, everyone would move to faction 3.

Well i could imagin a new forsaken faction with the crasy chick and others..I mean sylvannas is truning into something of a lichking.. rasing dead etc etc

Then this whole faction thing seems ab it silly then, it should be every race for himself, and from time to time certain races form alliances to help each other out.

Every race for itself would be like having 12 factions, okay maybe not that many because some of the smaller races would team up with some of the bigger races. But we'll go to a stage where everyone can fight anyone not of their own race. Although in some quests you will have two or more races teaming up to help one. Then they all regard certain groups like the burning legion, scourge and old gods as mutual enemies, there is jsut so much more interesting stuff you can do thten.

BGs I guess will allow anyone to fight for anyone except for the main races involved. for e.g. a night elf would not be allowed to fight on the side of the orcs in warsong gulch, but any other race can - with consequences to reps etc.

i can at least seee night elves/draenei/worgen teaming up, --- orcs, goblins, tauren --- human, dwarves, gnomes --- Forsaken, blood elves (trolls?) --- trolls [amani, jungle, ice]

---------- Post added 2011-03-01 at 06:39 PM ----------

Whatever you do, you still need a complete leveling experience, from 1-85+, including contested zones with bases belonging to multiple factions. You still need at least four new capital cities. And they cannot simply pull a Draenei on us with six different races. There needs to be a clear lore reason for this faction to start existing. It cannot be too good or too evil.
    not unless they make the split happen after level 85, they can phase the flags of allegiance..for e.g. after level 85, if Undercity became part of the new faction NPCs and flags might change, and a human at level 85+ won't be killed for entrying, and will still see the lower level undead npcs, and if they see him, even though on their screens the horde flag is still there and it is orcish guards they see instead of the new faction ones, a capital city is a big place and n altho to a low lvl character humans are generlaly the enemy they do meet some who who aren' enemies to the forsaken no harm in any of them being in undercity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    not unless they make the split happen after level 85, they can phase the flags of allegiance..for e.g. after level 85, if Undercity became part of the new faction NPCs and flags might change, and a human at level 85+ won't be killed for entrying, and will still see the lower level undead npcs, and if they see him, even though on their screens the horde flag is still there and it is orcish guards they see instead of the new faction ones, a capital city is a big place and n altho to a low lvl character humans are generlaly the enemy they do meet some who who aren' enemies to the forsaken no harm in any of them being in undercity.
    A change of faction control for a capital city will never happen. I can say that with absolute certainty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Cards View Post
    This would require Blizzard to rework most of the game play and balance, especially if it was open to be playable. I'd rather have Blizzard working on fine tuning what we have to far.
    This - I agree.

A change of faction control for a capital city will never happen. I can say that with absolute certainty.
    Though I would sort of like to see an event where that did happen out of morbid curiosity

Deleted
    Though I would sort of like to see an event where that did happen out of morbid curiosity
    Can you imagine the amount of complaints you'd receive from those who can no longer use their favorite city as their city? I mean, personally, I'd love for it to work out fine, since I think the capital cities as they are are a bit too immune to such things. But looking at it realistically, I just can't see that happening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockASU View Post
    The whole - teaming up to destroy the greater evil - seems to work though. Think of it this way. If Horde/Allies keep fighting one another...then the greater evil destroys us all. Not really a cease fire but more a time out I guess.
    I think that Blizz need to introduce a expansion where its just an all out war on each other in a new zone, just to liven things up a bit

for example : We have Tol Barad to fight for during cata, what i think should be done is the alliance and horde have an all out war, and then after this war, races/groups leave each side to form a new faction.

Like a world event between horde and alliance which lasts like a year or so, after which the zone they were fighting is taken over by groups from each side to form a new faction where leveling and such could take place.
    Last edited by mmocb0a07cc264; 2011-03-01 at 06:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I like it. But I say make them playable and lets them have deferent races.......mabey

Pandaren, Ethreals, Nagas (rebel group), Ogres, Marlocs (evolved subgroup), New race (my ldea an incestoid race)

Could work off a Pandria.

New Hero Class for them only....2 idea are Brewmaster or Sea Witch. (but they do not get Death Knights)

But these are just thoughts.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2011-03-01 at 07:07 PM. Reason: spell fix thinks to LastBlood

The Protoss will eliminate all opposing factions!!!!!

Wait, are these the right boards?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    <quote>Wow needs a 3rd political faction</quote>
    No, it does not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Bloodfire View Post
    I like it. But I say make them playable and lets them have deferent races.......mabey

Pandaren, Ethreals, Nagas (rebel group), Ogres, Marlocs (evolved subgroup), New race (my ldea a incestiod race)

Could work off a Pandria.

New Hero Class for them only....2 idea are Brewmaster or Sea Witch. (but they do not get Death Knights)

But these are just thoughts.
    It kinda feels like you're just grasping at the playable races that are already there. I think you'll need to expand on a reason for these races to group together.

I'm also very negative about your suggestion for faction-specific classes. There was a reason for removing that in TBC.

Also, I'm fairly certain what you mean is an insectoid race, and not an incestoid one :P

10+ Year Old Account
    wouldn't that then be troggs, kobolds, gnolls. murlocs and quilbor?

I think players should have the option to work towards being neutral to friendly with either faction, Alliance or Horde.

In my opinion, it would be doable by allowing the player to perform quests etc. towards either opposing faction, as a sort of zero-sum process. There would have to be a dead zone where the player was unfriendly if not hostile with both factions to keep from swapping back and forth in short periods of time, there should probably also be other safety measures to prevent swapping too often, but it is certainly feasible to a degree - but it would take some serious overhaul and not only not be worth the effort but would probably create more problems than it would solve. It would still be nice though.

Another possibility is moving away from the two factions entirely at the player level. Make it so that sanctuary cities and zones are the same, but go for all out hostility or friendly with the option of hostility in contested areas, possibly with a mixture of my first idea but more complex on a per race basis, even the very race your character is. There would have to be mechanics to prevent it from being too chaotic, but it could be done, and I think it would make for some very interesting gameplay with tons of depth potential.

Either way, I'm just daydreaming here.