Thread: PC monitor

PC monitor

Hey guys, i'm currently using a 17inch pc monitor and its quite battered and old so iv'e decided to buy a new one. There's an insane amount of monitors out there and i really don't know what i should be looking for, so any help will be well appreciated. im willing to spend around £150-£240 on a monitor, i want a well built, reliable monitor which i can play games and watch movies on with great quality, but im quite nooby in this area so any recommendations will be great.

Deleted
    what you should be looking for depends on your personal situation.
    is your pc-table at least 70cm deep ? if yes, go 24", if no stick with a 22" monitor. also you should look for a model with 8ms or below response time. if you dont do professional photo-editing and stuff like that, thats pretty much all the "must haves" (and if you would do that stuff you would know what you have to look for)
    other things are more dependant on personal preferance and usage: what connections do you need/want ? vga/dvi/hdmi, there are various different combinations of those connections, i would strongly advise you to not use adaptors, so if f.ex. your graphicscard has only dvi-outputs you should look for a monitor with a dvi port. if you also want to hook up some old computer you sometimes still use, maybe you also need a vga input. heigth-adjustable stand is also a big plus in my oppinion. then there are glare and non-glare displays, the glare ones mostly produce brighter colors, but if you get some bad lighting (like the sun is shining into your room) they tend to reflect the light and the picture gets really bad. i for my part would strongly suggest a non-glare display, but other people are happy with theyr glare ones, so thats also personal preferance.

long story short, the decision is mostly about your personal preferances. connections, casing-design/color, size... for "normal" gaming/movie/browsing/etc usage there is no need for a real highend monitor.