Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i don't see this as a problem.

old raids are not meant for gold farming, probably there are more bots than player that do this. anyway, kara gold doesn't come from bosses but from trash pull. soul essences only are worth 1g each. don't skip everything, do all and vendor all. takes more time but it's more rewarding.

One, I think this nerf is asinine. Why does Blizzard care so much that people are able to make an extra few hundred gold a week soloing old bosses? The economy is highly jacked up as is, what with gold farmers and bots, do they really want us to keep having to compete with 3-5 farmers/bots per zone to try and farm ore/herbs, not to mention all the legitimate players doing the same thing? That's just retarded. As for Kara, that was nerfed once heavily already with the removal of gold drops from several mobs, most notably the Philanthropists. And if they think you can just walk through Kara and make a ton of gold in a very short amount of time, they're sorely mistaken. It really saves no time farming certain old bosses for money over dailies/mats farming, people do it because it's fun. And Gruul? Really Blizz? I want to see any single player get through High King Maulgar solo, just to get to Gruul. The way the mechanics of the fight are, it's pretty much impossible. If anyone can prove to me otherwise with a vid, I will be suitably impressed.

TLR, Blizzard this "change" is selfish, childish, and pretty damn pathetic. Don't you have more important things to worry about, like hunting down and banning bot farmers?

These changes always makes me a sad panda. I think most conventional ways of farming gold are excruciatingly boring, killing old world bosses actually gives enough coin to manage the weekly expenses and it is a fun way of getting the money. Nerfing gold drops from old world is meh... Ok if you could get 10k an hour doing it I would understand, but it isn't by any stretch a game breaking amount of cash you get.

Deleted
    I just love how people underestimate other players or overestimate bosses right now.
    Oh God a few hundred gold less a week, QQ iwannaquitnow!
    There's still about all of classic, most of the bosses in SSC, TK (yes, Kael'thas as well.), Gruul and the High King (yes, he's doable as well.), Hyjal, some from BT (including Illidan) and at least with a small group all of Sunwell (Kil'Jaeden solo, though.)
    There's most of Naxxramas, Archavon, Sartharion, parts of Ulduar ... you get what I mean. If you've got the time and the dedication you can make several thousand lootgold per week. I myself am content with about 3k per week, that's just three more IDs until I get my 100.000 lootgold.
    They just shut down the easiest (and by far least rewarding) ones.

High King has been soloed by a Death Knight and probably more, Sinister Knight. I've seen the video and I'm sure you could find it if you searched some.

Quote Originally Posted by ice216 View Post
    I am just glad they didnt do TK, 250g per boss in there. Tho KT cant be soloed with any reasonable amount of time or success rate
    KT have been able to be soloed for quite a bit of time now just with certain classes only.

As a prot/holy pala, I need ages to do dailies, TB dailies is 2 hours alone due to the sloooooooow killing and massive PvP farm, being unable to bring down a mob before the enemy bring me down slows me down a lot.
    I can walk into mag, get some decent gold once a week, if I had DPS spec I would still farm quicker gold in TB, but blizz still need to nerf one of my easier way to obtain cash.
    So, thanks blizz, make me dependant on getting a DPSer to boost me trough my dailies -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Xuany View Post
    So this is how all the cool kids make their money, interesting. Not really. If your relying on old raids to bring in money your doing something wrong, if your complaining about said money nerf to those raids your still doing something wrong.
    It was a nice supplement. Every Tuesday before our raid I'd spend an hour doing Gruul's/Mags/first two bosses of Black Temple and walk out with enough gold to pay for the week's flask and food.

---------- Post added 2011-03-01 at 10:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight View Post
    And Gruul? Really Blizz? I want to see any single player get through High King Maulgar solo, just to get to Gruul. The way the mechanics of the fight are, it's pretty much impossible. If anyone can prove to me otherwise with a vid, I will be suitably impressed.
    I can solo them on my Prot Paladin alt and other guildmates have been soloing them since 85 on their Blood DK and BM Hunter. It's not hard for a tank class(or a pet class with a tank pet) with good self/pet healing.

Deleted
    As I wrote in the other topic, this is because it's unfair to classes which can't solo old content. For example, shadow priests are really frickin weak when it comes to soloing bosses, magtheridon breaks a shield in seconds.

Like I said I'd be suitably impressed, but I'll amend that to say I'll be impressed when I see it done on the same class/spec that I play. Gotta say though that it looks like it's highly dependent on what class and spec you are, I mean Frost mage with pet, that's pretty much 2 manning it tbh. Watching the water elemental tank the King, heal, not even die, that's just ridiculous. Not to mention being able to spellsteal from the Ogre Mage and nuke the hell out of the Warlock (I saw a 100k crit in there ffs), as well as using Circle to freeze a fel puppy. I wish I knew how they avoided being Deathcoiled and Polymorphed every few seconds though. Oh well, guess until I can find a strat for a Fury warrior, I'm SoL. /smirk

Bender has it right. As for Seelen, you make our point for us. I love how you mention KT, he's nearly impossible to solo for most people, only a select few specs can do it, trust me. Most of what you listed isn't worth the time or the effor to try to solo, and if you take other people with you, well that defeats the entire purpose doesn't it?
    The fact that they shut down any of them is still a ridiculous notion, and has nothing to do with how much money you get, how easy they are, or any of that. It's simply that they don't LIKE their old nasty bosses being solo'd each week by the minority of the players (I'd be willing to bet less than 10% of WoW players actually bother to do them) so they feel obligated to remove the incentive to do so and pigeonhole us into the "normal" and "accepted" ways of making money. How dare we think outside the box and enjoy soloing what we can for fun and some coin?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    As I wrote in the other topic, this is because it's unfair to classes which can't solo old content. For example, shadow priests are really frickin weak when it comes to soloing bosses, magtheridon breaks a shield in seconds.
    Mag is easily solo'd as Shadow; the adds are the only annoying part [other than him resetting]. If PWS and VE aren't keeping you up go Fiend>Fade and bandage up. I Fiend>Fade>Archangel and use it to get some buffed MB's and MF's out w/ no pushback.

I haven't tried HK Maulgar. I could see him causing serious problems.

Yes this also makes me sad. Its by no means a game breaking amount of gold that you get by farming these raids once a week and personally I enjoy that far more than dailies or herb/mine/skin etc.

Sort of closed-minded logic going on in here.

If I were a developer, I'd want people to go back to old content, even if it were only because they could solo it and earn a little bit of gold. At least the hard work I put into designing/tuning that dungeon isn't completely wasted.

This change can't possibly have to do with the effects on the economy. People in Quest Blues can go 10-man the trash in Bastion of Twilight EASILY, and 1 BOE from there could be worth like 30k gold depending on your server.

I hate playing the Auction House. I'm on US_Illidan, which is packed. By the time I put something up, someone's already undercut me. It also requires more play time than I'm willing to put in.

Just seems silly. 1800g for 3 hours of work was really THAT big an issue? Bump up the reward for Dailies, then. 400g from doing every Daily every day is pretty meaningless when you're spending 100g on repairs each night of progression. You can stay afloat, but just by doing dailies you'll never actually be able to afford anything worthwhile.
    Last edited by Prag; 2011-03-01 at 04:24 PM.

Deleted
    If you're moaning about this, actually just raid? You get like 80g per normal boss and ~120g per heroic boss. If you're guild isn't shit, you make more than enough ><

It's not that people are doing these old raids for money...
    But going back there, doing them for fun and getting something in return is fun.
    However its an option for getting gold that will keep you in the =+ while buying gems/enchants/repairs for raiding...don't see the point.
    However, it won't make you enough gold to buy a sandstone drake...
    "DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

I cannot really blame them to much considering I make an easy 500 gold for 20 minutes of work killing Mag each week... xD

Quote Originally Posted by Xionaz View Post
    I cannot really blame them to much considering I make an easy 500 gold for 20 minutes of work killing Mag each week... xD
    Only 96 more Mag kills until you can afford to buy a 48k BOE!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I can solo them on my Prot Paladin alt and other guildmates have been soloing them since 85 on their Blood DK and BM Hunter. It's not hard for a tank class(or a pet class with a tank pet) with good self/pet healing.
    You "easily" solo boss that has Hex, Death Coil, Knockback and aoe heal? You're not even in control of your character 50% of time.

Quote Originally Posted by 5ilver View Post
    Ah doesn't earn gold, only loses it.
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean but I make a ton of gold on AH weekly. If you mean people buying on AH are losing gold then they are willing to do so in order to improve their game, then thats their prerogative. If you mean AH is taking a % of everything sold then yes I guess we are losing that % but there is money to be made.

Deleted
    This is going to be interesting, seeing how gold from instances is a big part of the overall economics, this means there is going to be less gold overall and more supplies.