Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Only 96 more Mag kills until you can afford to buy a 48k BOE!
    What epics are 48k?!

Quote Originally Posted by ice216 View Post
    the reason behind this is cuz I walk into Mag every week and walk out 10 minutes latter 500-530g richer
    Same, after that i head for Gruuls, Flame leviathan, and i do Kazzak/Doomwalker if they are there. Sometimes i go into the Eye too.

Arund 1500g in 2-3 hours if done flawless
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Quote Originally Posted by Xionaz View Post
    What epics are 48k?!
    At least on my server:

Fury of Angerforge (Plate DPS trinket)
    Epic Wand
    Epic Caster Cloak
    Tanking Shoulders
    Caster Sword

That's just on my server. Obviously YMMV.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've never done most of these instances for gold as I make 5-10k/day from the AH.
    Kara for the mount/ MC for 2nd Binging+Ingot (ZG back when).
    I'm playing a Ret in mainly Heroic dungeon gear so I assume I can so Gruuls/Mags for the hell of it with ease right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ubergoose
    here is your rotation:
    face -> keyboard -> roll

Quote Originally Posted by Xuany View Post
    So this is how all the cool kids make their money, interesting. Not really. If your relying on old raids to bring in money your doing something wrong, if your complaining about said money nerf to those raids your still doing something wrong.
    I dont know if your aware of this but raids and dungeons, and gold dropped from any mob, is the only way gold is put into the economy......there is literally no other way to get gold, every other way is trading gold for goods, and that gold came from a mob, unless your a troll your logic is flawed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bolverick View Post
    I dont know if your aware of this but raids and dungeons, and gold dropped from any mob, is the only way gold is put into the economy......there is literally no other way to get gold, every other way is trading gold for goods, and that gold came from a mob, unless your a troll your logic is flawed.
    So quests and dailies don't give you gold anymore? And vendoring things don't give you gold anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by ilo View Post
    Playing for 3 hours each day turns that shiny number into... 25g/hour. Way less than doing dailies.
    ...that's not actually how numbers work.

OT: Boo hoo, you were making a crapton of money by doing nothing and it wasn't fair to the classes that couldn't do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...and indeed we all do not know that, because none of us works for Blizzard. You could try asking on the official forums and share the answers with us (should you get some), please.

---------- Post added 2011-03-01 at 05:48 PM ----------

Between 17k and 35k on my server
    I know personally most of our epics have hit the point of 8k to maybe 24k at the most. The only reason I will be annoyed is earning my 100k gold looted achievement will actually take some work now...

They're reducing the gold looted because it is no longer a huge pain in the butt to solo much of the old world. Take, for example, Blackwing Lair, which still requires at least 2 players for certain fights (Razorgore and Chromaggus in particular) - even with each player splitting the gold looted off bosses, thats still roughly ~1500 gold profit for an instance that takes about an hour. Sure, you could play the AH, farm dailies, sell that sweet new shiny purple you crafted to a new level 85, and maybe make more, but utilizing content that was created 6 years ago, and profiting from it as if you were doing level 85 content or casual play is not right.

I just hit 85 on my warrior some time back, and decided to get my Classic and Outlands raider achievements - in two days time, only logging on for a few raids here and there, I made nearly 9,000 gold and barely had to lift a finger. This is 100% the reason for this change, and I consider it justified - even though I'm an absolute sucker for old world content, and I'll miss the perk of massive gold looted!

Edit: The above poster does make a good point, namely about the "gold looted" achievement - with the 100k cap it is going to be nearly impossible for many players to get this without the assistance of easily-controllable and soloable old world content. Perhaps a redesign of this achievement, or an increase in gold looted from other sources is in order if theyre going to make this change.
    Last edited by Yewdye; 2011-03-01 at 05:00 PM.

I agree that it's not fair at all if it isn't solo-able by everyone. Probably easier to just nerf the gold than go back and change the encounter so everyone has a shot.

Still sad to me, but I too am a sucker for old content - especially the BC stuff - so I'll most likely continue doing it.

Still looking forward to being able to solo some more of the WotLK stuff. I'm sure within the next tier or so of gear, more of it will become accessible.

no point in lowering money all i was saying =P