Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Old Content being Reborn is something that gives people some incentive to come back for more, especially veterans who remember how it was.

Yes New content is good, but refreshing the player's memory with some of the great parts of Vanilla or BC in a new perspective and difficulty should be praised, not QQ'd about. No one will ever be happy and they're not making the game just for those who feel so madbro about a little change, everyone demanded ZG come back and be glad that it did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrofax View Post
    I hate to be nitpicky, but aren't the drops in VC(/DM) the same items with more stats/ilevels?
    Yep.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

im tired of seeing these fucking threads, theres about 100 other threads if you wish to complain about recycled content, seriously GTF over it who gives a shit if you did it before, you dont like it, dont run the damn place

I personally love the idea of recycling as well as introducing new content. I miss going back to old instances and actually trying, so heroics of ALL old instances should be available at the lvl cap. However, the gear SHOULD NOT be a higher iL than the current tiers. All of the heroics should drop around the same gear. Also, Old raids converted into heroics are fine with me as long as they abide by my other comment. As long as they have some new twists in them (for instance every boss in Deadmines is different than it used to be), I'm fine with it. Id loooooooove a heroic Scarlet Monastery.

Quote Originally Posted by audioslave90 View Post
    So far everything is recycled content,
    Nefarion 4.0.1 + Deadmines + Shadowfang Keep
    Ragnaros 4.1 + Zulaman + Zul'gurub

I must say the new deadmines is fun but couldnt they come up with something new? Whats your opinion on Old Content being Reborn?
    Rycyled content is when everything is eactly and completely the same. Now, Is ZG completely the same? No, ZA? Mostlikely not as they already said so. Ragnaros? Hell nah, Way different, DM? COmpletely differnt, Shadowfang Keep? same as DM.

Now everyone shut your trap`s about this `recycle`BS and play the game we all enjoy. The reason they bring these back is because the lore either fits the expansion better and or can me added into the expansion to fit its lore. Nefarion is also far from recycle, Go do him in BWD dimwit and youll realise the fight in no way shape or form is the same. EVEN HIS MODELS DIFFERENT all thats the same with these things are the names.

This thread is recycled

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh sorry, and there was me under the impression the Cataclysm was events that had happened to the world whilst we were away in Northrend with the idea being that the changes have created new enemies and changed previous things. My bad. Guess I was wrong.

I only got to do old Naxxramas once and that was in TBC, most people never sat foot in there when it was current content, so I love that they remade it. I have been to ZG a couple of times, but that was also as 70-80 and not when it was current, so a bit the same feeling about that.

The whole point of Cataclysm is we get to see the old world updated, thrown a bunch of years into the future and so far, even with me giving up serious raiding long ago, the game caught me again and made it fun to just play around with new alts. I started to really read the quests through and a lot of times laughed my arse off =)
    In the darkness all cats are gray...
    www.onyxsoft.se - Amigans never surrender, they know they can do it better =)

You do realize Nefarion is a totally new encounter right? So its new content. So if they named him Nefarionomus it totally would be a new fight but its not now by your logic. Tre the other 12 bosses we've never ever ever fought before in the instances we never were in before are also recycled, yep. Deadmines and SFK are redesigned in terms of the bosses and things, good thing they didn't change anything with the changes in those either. ZG and ZA are 100% bonus content and especially in the case of ZG they are revamping the shit out of it, yet people still want to complain because whining is fun for some, I guess.

Brand new content is content that has new environments, new npc, new lore, etc. Anything else is recycled. Yes ZA/ZG/SFK/DM are cool places, but I've seen them countless times before, I want to see something brand new.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was the reason my subscription lapsed last week. I was so amped for cata that first month. Then I took a step back, realized the small amount of new content we were given OUTSIDE of the world change... and felt cheated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    its recycled, stop defending it....its much easier to change fights mechanics and boss models then to come up with entire new dungeons....lazy is lazy, get over it

15+ Year Old Account
    What is so bad about characters returning in a story? Should Batman never see the Joker again after beating his ass once? Should Superman never see Lex after one encounter? The instances being redone are far from the only content available, they're being redone as something completely different and what is wrong with a little throwback every once in a while?
    I for one am excited to see bad guys returning to try out their next nefarious plot, they're more fun to kill because they have an established backstory rather than being "Big Baddie X" that nobody has ever heard of. They use new strategies, they drop different loot, they're in new instances, I don't see the problem.
    Mímir, 100 Night Elf Hunter, Stormrage

10+ Year Old Account

I must say the new deadmines is fun but couldnt they come up with something new? Whats your opinion on Old Content being Reborn?
    Besides the instance maps and loot models, Deadmines, ZG and SFK are brand new. ZA will be recycled, but ZG is diffferent from the one we know and love.

Nef, Ony and Rag being re-used is different, seeing as their original forms are still in the game currently.

The only real 'recycled' content would be ZA (assuming its the same), Ony in WotLK and Naxx.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    Besides the instance maps and loot models, Deadmines, ZG and SFK are brand new. ZA will be recycled, but ZG is diffferent from the one we know and love.
    I've got this brand new car to sell you, sure it has 200k km in the meter but I swapped the tires just last week so it's brand new!!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    OMG. Making AG and ZA 5 man dungeons is GENIUS!!! Recycled, as SO many have pointed out, they are not. All the encounters have been original design just using the same person prom previous tiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol another "content recycled blizz fail" thread. if you don't like it, quit. and if you did already, why are you posting on a WoW forum?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    its recycled, stop defending it....its much easier to change fights mechanics and boss models then to come up with entire new dungeons....lazy is lazy, get over it
    /facepalm.

And if the mob you was attacking was called Ragnoros Jnr then it would not be recycyled....see what I did there?

Nefarion 4.0.1
    different Boss, different mechanic, different Dungeon
    Deadmines
    different Bosses, different mechanics
    Shadowfang Keep
    Ragnaros 4.1
    MOST LIKELY different Boss aswell as different mechanic, suretenly different Dungeon
    Zul'Gurub
    Zul'Aman
    We'll see...

Honestly; The only old thing actually are the Dungeons themselfs. The Terrain. Thats it. Even those Bosses from BSF and DM that are old... arent exactly old. They just share - like DismalNether said - names and models. The Raiddungeons are/will be completely different like every other raid was.

And except that; How many 5-Man-Dungeons have been implimented post-release of an Addon so far? Hm? Maraudon, Diremaul in Classic. In BC it was ONLY TMT and on Wrath tere where the three LK-Dungeons. Except the Classic ones all where implentend at the End of that Part. Looking at it that way im sure that this two wont be the last fiveman-Dungeons implented in this Addon and are - indeed - more of a Fanservice then caused by lack of ideas, seeing how many people mourned over ZG going away. Except that; None of the new Levelzone is anywhere recycled. I still laugh about this idiot claiming that the Twilight Highlands where basicly like Wetlands, since he obviously didnt even make one quest over there.

Please. Im far from a blizzfanboy but stop running in circles, crying about Blizzards supposed lack of creativity or try to tell everyone its just caused by lazyness without really comparing the old and the new things further than to theire names.
    Last edited by SanjiCard; 2011-03-01 at 09:00 AM.

I heard that EVERYTHING means SOME THINGS now.

Out of BWD, Nefarian is the only recycled boss.
    BoT is all new.
    Tot4W is all new.
    All dungeons but SFK/VC is new.

Explain pl0x.

Edit: Also, NEW VC IS NOT FUN. IT'S LONG AND BORING.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.