Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    See vampiric blood and then add the glyph . That's your last stand right there.

Wait what? How is that raidwide last stand?

I expected Shamans and Druids to get raid cooldowns. Probably not in the patch notes yet, but they already announced they wanted to do that.

wow yet another nerf to disc priest - I do not understand Blizzard here- are they trying to remove this class? It is not like we were so OP that we were crushing the meters. Anyone able to mention the last buff we received?
    and DK's can now battle res, if i read right yeah that makes sense.....

10+ Year Old Account
    it seems blizz logo is now bring the class so yeah you need to add a warrior to your group now sorry guys to make up for the long cool down

Deleted
    If they did this to discourage class stacking I don't understand why at the same time they buffed the OP Tranq to 3 minutes meaning it can be used 2/3 times during an encounter and it's not even restricted to restos only? Won't they just do exactly what Blizz claims to discourage? Stack druids?

High Overlord Loriginalediscipline's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    &?%?&*&?%?&*()(*&?%$?&*())__)((*&?&*()_ FUUUU . hopefully they'll stop smoking crack and stop '' trying to balance things around so all healer can be happy but disc priest '

next patch note removed power word shield

angry priest this morning (

---------- Post added 2011-03-01 at 08:01 AM ----------

if really they are changing the powe word barrier only because of 25 man stacking disc priest well... its kinda stupid. did they nerf tranquility when /cough paragon /cough used 15 of em to down h nef? no? oh okay. how fair is this.

pvp qq? pve purpose? just for the fun of it? who cares... they going to make disc a dps spec soon enough, sigh.

non mais TABARNAC. really angry priest this morning..........
    lor

Deleted
    Try to understand one thing. There is nothing happening without a purpose. It is all about pvp. Class is OP in pvp? Nerf it. Who cares about pve when the class is unbalanced in pvp? Surely not Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Dritharia View Post
    Try to understand one thing. There is nothing happening without a purpose. It is all about pvp. Class is OP in pvp? Nerf it. Who cares about pve when the class is unbalanced in pvp? Surely not Blizz.
    Thanks, but considering they changed Power Word: Barrier because of the ability to stack it in PVE 25mans for Hardmode kills, it has absolutely nothing at all to do with PVP.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

High Overlord Loriginalediscipline's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP in pvp? I dont know about that. I admit, im only a 1800 hero rating. while climbing the step, ive fought r druid that can just hump pillar for 45 mins. they gave magic dispel to druid? huh? can i haz remove poisoin please ? no?? why ( ? oh right they are trying to balance things. /cough

anyways, my point was disc is far from being OP in arenas
    lor

The only problem for disc priests is that Blizzard rape you again, again, and again, yet you are still willing to suffer, tolerate and endure.

All respec to holy then you will have your faint moan heard.

Quote Originally Posted by adilina View Post
    The only problem for disc priests is that Blizzard rape you again, again, and again, yet you are still willing to suffer, tolerate and endure.

All respec to holy then you will have your faint moan heard.
    Sad, but true. I find myself 'accidentily' more in holy spec lately than discipline spec, and I'm a hardcore discipline priest who LOVES to play disc. It's just so damn mind-numbing that one click away is a spec that outperforms more and more as blizzard continues to nerf disc further and further, while disc was already behind holy as it is. Nerf pw:word barrier? Fine. Give something in return then!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone that can say they couldn't see Barrier being nerfed is either delusional or hasn't raided heroic content his expansion. It makes such a massive difference, that most Priests will have one or two of their Priests go Disc for certain encounters, depending on whether or not they have a full time Disc Priest.

So, all I'd say about this nerf is that it was expected.

Seriously unless you play PvP and PvE, please refrain from commenting on things that you clearly have no knowledge. PW: Barrier is hardly used in high rated Arenas and it's a clunky and bad mechanic in PvP.

All of the nerfs to Discipline in this expansion and dare I say every expansion was due to PvE and has nothing to do with PvP, because I don't remember a single season when Discipline Priests were considered overpowered. And to anyone who brings up PMR, all I can say is besides PMR, in what other comp does Discipline Priests excel? Restoration Druids and Shamans have had several different comps that rank in the top for several seasons, while Discipline Priests were ever only great in PMR.
    Last edited by Suzaku; 2011-03-01 at 06:29 PM.

Ok seriously people, it's 5%..... it's not going to make encounters impossible ffs.

The current HM were designed to be able to be done without things like barrier/sac ect.

A LOT OF GUILDS HAVE DONE THEM WITH MINIMAL COOLDOWNS.

Seriously, stop crying. The content isn't hard, barrier is simply a way of making it a lot easier.

AND IT'S ONLY 5%. get OVER IT.

Not a PvP change at all. u mad PvE nerd?
    R.I.P Ronnie James Dio 1942 - 2010

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyDoodle View Post
    I believe the point is that it's yet another nerf and barrier is really the only thing keeping disc attractive on some fights.

Actually it's 5% damage reduction and 50% longer cooldown.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

While I see why they are testing this change, something like this needs to be compensated by a redesign of the spec, when included with all the other changes made.

I am somewhat concerned how this affects 10s v 25s balance as well. While 25s will still be able to rotate CDs via raidstand, raidwall, barrier, tranq, etc., this will be less conducive to "bring the player, not the class" in the 10player environment, which in "competitive" 10s, stacking such CDs will be a must.

That being said, we do not know what 4.1 content will look like. Will there be more "spread out" mechanics? Will there be less "big hit" AoEs? Will encounters be more execution based where no amount of barriers or tranqs will save the raid [e.g. defile]?

Still a bunch of questions that need answering and we'll only get them in time. The PTR is still crazy early in testing.

It is a 16% nerf to effectiveness, and a 50% nerf to cooldown.

As a new priest (rolled a level 1, 4 weeks ago) who just got raid ready (353 gear score)... and who primarily rolled a priest because I loved the Disp spec... it is frustrating time to be in my position.
    Last edited by MetaCosm; 2011-03-01 at 09:05 PM.

All content is doable without it, multiple guilds have killed HM bosses without using barrier at all.

Get over it, play better and stop relying on cooldowns to carry your raids through content.

What are you going to do when t2 comes out and you no longer will probably need to stack for every boss because of an aoe?