Why nerf lifebloom?

I do not understand why they would nerf lifebloom. it isnt really op! 20% is alot if you really think about it and and there are also increasing the mana cost. I do not understand what they are trying to achiv. Lifebloom is a simple hot that can be aplied on the tank that helps out on the heals.
    If they are doing this becuse of lifebloom being spammed during tree form. Blizzard is just being dumb they should nerf the ability of spaming it in tree instead of the spell itself. I would rather them nerfing it in tree form then reducing its healling and mana cost.

Leave a comment on what you think there doing this for and why they shouldnt do it.

Deleted
    Read the notes properly - It's the bloom effect, not the HOT effect that is being nerfed. Which is probably called for since my mate *notice I dont try and say it's true nor that everyone does it* says he crits all the time for quite high numbers on the bloom effect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravehéart View Post
    Read the notes properly - It's the bloom effect, not the HOT effect that is being nerfed. Which is probably called for since my mate *notice I dont try and say it's true nor that everyone does it* says he crits all the time for quite high numbers on the bloom effect.
    the hot isnt that great til it blooms...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Read the reply properly - I was talking about his post where he describes it as the HOT being the problem when it is actually the bloom effect itself.

this... the bloom crits for my lvl 70 druid (in mostly below 70 gear) for 11-12k besides... I dont personally know too many druids that let it bloom since it gets refreshed by nourish regrowth and healing touch unless theyre just tossing out AoE heals and it falls off then
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

2.5k a second aint great? I'd say it's pretty damn good. But as said, it's the bloom effect, not the hot being nerfed. Honestly I can't see why, as any resto druid should never let the 3stacked lifebloom drop from the tank, as it provides quite a bonus with 4p t11 set bonus.. It's more of a noisance than a benefit if it actually does drop, and even if it does, it only crits as much as HT would.. which is like 40k for me atm

Quote Originally Posted by Bravehéart View Post
    Read the reply properly - I was talking about his post where he describes it as the HOT being the problem when it is actually the bloom effect itself.
    thats what HE was referring to as well >.>
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    thats what HE was referring to as well >.>
    Read it again.

Deleted
    Not particularlly fussed, the effect was more of a saftey net on fights such as halfus where you get stunned a lot.

the increased mana cost is an insignificant change. with 3/3 MG LB will cost roughly 1800 mana. without MG it will be ~2000 mana which is still significantly cheaper than rejuv.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest- This change won't effect PVE all that much in upper tier content in my opinion. Resto druids worth their salt are not allowing LB to Bloom all that often if at all really. Keeping LB rolling on the tank is a hallmark of good healing and mana management.
    -
    Standing in fire since December 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Sickleh View Post
    The mana cost doesn't matter that much if you're rolling your LB on a tank as you'd be refreshing it using other spells anyways. LB spam while ToL is up might get abit costly now though.

QFT - This is the only thing that I think will be seriously different from this change. Increased mana cost + less healing from the bloom = bad news for TOL spam.

But look at the tranquility changes: 3 minute tranquility? Now we'll have two "oh shit - aoe healing" cooldowns every 3 minutes.

Deleted
    Its an odd change.

Spamming as much of the raid as possible with LB whilst tree form is up and letting it bloom on everyone but the tank is an ace cooldown for high burst dmg fights and hitting the blooms by 20% is a major hit. However a shorter cooldown on tranquility makes things up for it, since we should be able to use it twice on a lot of fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a pvp change that's going into pve. But, the only time it will effect us is when we blanket in ToL and even then, not going to be a huge difference.

Need to just drop either Lifebloom or Rejuv or HT from ferals' already overloaded arsenal, then make the other heals worth casting for ferals.

Lifebloom nerf itself was just a way to rein in Resto druid rampage.

Everytime a PTR change is made that increases mana cost, or lessens effectiveness, people immediately run to the forums and cry about how it's a huge nerf and it's going to destroy or ruin everything. Honestly, this is for the PTR - which means, it's a change that's being implemented and until it officially goes life it's not set in stone. Even then, it can still get hotfixed. Take some time, go to the PTR and experiment before jumping to conclusions.

As for my thoughts on the change itself - while the increased cost can be a negative, keep in mind that the healing model is based around the concept of Triage. Spamming Lifebloom across the raid in ToL form essentially takes away the fact that we need to be smart about who and how we heal. Every single heal we cast should be done intelligently, not just blindly because you can. It's no different than in 4.0.6 when they reduced the duration of ToL - it was a needed nerf.
    Last edited by Songweaver; 2011-03-01 at 06:35 PM.

I'm not a fan of the bloom effect being nerfed but really I don't usually let it bloom unless I need a big heal that won't cost me another spell. I rarely let it bloom so its not really that big a deal but I have a feeling it won't be nerfed by 20% when all is said and done.