Thread: FPS UI packs?

FPS UI packs?

so ehh.... i want to increase my FPS in World of Warcraft, been following alot of guides on YouTube, everything looks like windows 98, and i use game booster program aswel. (not the WTFast one since comments eems... just wow o_O)

So since i played counter strike source, there were alot of like.. configs that would optimize your FPS with ALOT, so i wondered if it's possible to do, or even if it's made, a UI that increases your UI?

atm. i'm running around with 17 FPS in Orgrimmar with 1280 x 1024, all on Ultra but view distance is down to fair(even tho it didnt chagne anything)

i use TUKUI and my computer speccs is as follows:

9600 GTX Graphic
    4 gb ram
    2.2 Ghz dual core

Deleted
    Here's a tip to reduce your fps drops.
    Reduce your graphics settings as its obvious your PC can't handle it.
    You're welcome.

DynamicPerformance and TweakWow.

Deleted
    With lower end systems, UI packs will actually decrease your performance, the best way to increase it is to have all the graphics settings set to low, with the basics on(projected textures, medium view distance and medium spell detail.

THE major drawback to wow's FPS issues is the 'shadow's' options, if you turn that down I guarantee your fps will double, maybe even triple.(and no, it's not even close to being necessary unless your pc can handle it). If you still have issues, try turning down the water details.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snixs View Post
    atm. i'm running around with 17 FPS in Orgrimmar with 1280 x 1024, all on Ultra but view distance is down to fair(even tho it didnt chagne anything)
    Switch Video settings to Good and Increase Particle Effects to Ultra. = Barely any difference + more Fps = Profit

10+ Year Old Account
    TukUI is already one of the most lightweight and fastest UI's out there, I don't think changing it would have any positive effects. Oh, and turn shadows off if its on. The shadow bit is really heavy to compute, but it doesn't add that much extra. Disable it.

wow is mostly based on processor. r4gb ram is m ore than enough, also the video card is not that bad.

you need to upgrade the cpu and/or disable most of the effects, especially shadows and water effects. your comp cannot handle it.

Deleted
    Start wow, do minimal settings, turn settings upwards till you reach the lowest desired framerate in ogr/stormwind

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    DynamicPerformance and TweakWow.

If you would describe what those two programs are doing >_>

---------- Post added 2011-03-01 at 01:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakerplay View Post
    Switch Video settings to Good and Increase Particle Effects to Ultra. = Barely any difference + more Fps = Profit
    got to 44FPS with that