15+ Year Old Account

Improved Soul Fire Changes (Suggestion)

Note, this is a suggestion and is entirely opinionated.

My suggestion is to change ISF to not be so short term; I personally feel Destruction relies too much on short term buffs/spells.

Improved Soul Fire:
    Your Soul Fire spell increases the damage of your destruction spells by 8% for 45 seconds and your Soul Fire spell is now instant cast. Soul Fire now has a 45second cooldown.

The cooldown is only when taking the talent, so any destruction Warlock would be forced into taking the talent and I personally don't see a downside to taking it.

Soulburn: Soul Fire
    Increases the damage of your next Soul Fire by 30% (Just a random number I pulled out of my ass - something to make us Soulburn Soul Fire occasionally during a fight (Would be nice to finish off that low add or something)

Empowered Imp:
    Your Imps attacks have a 15% chance when hitting a target below 25% HP to reset the cooldown of your Soul Fire and make your next Soul Fire cast as if it was under the effect of Soul Burn.

So generally opinions on this? I feel it address two issues;

1. The lack of execution damage for Destruction
    2. The heavy reliability on several short term buffs/abilities as Destruction.

Obviously numbers are just numbers I pulled out my ass, I'm interested in opinions more on the concept of those changes, rather then the numbers I mention.

or how about making Shadowburn a fire spell and increasing its damage to be in line with other "execute" spells

That would solve destruction execute phase problems
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

if it ever got to the point you are talking about, I imagine blizzard would have just made it so the imps firebolt spell had a chance to trigger the IMP soulfire effect and removed soulfire from the warlock spellbook alltogether

ISF is fine, whining only leads to nerfs. It fits perfectly with destruction doesnt have that stupid ICD anymore so lets just leave it as it is a pray there are no more destro nerfs. (a buff to shadowburn would be pretty cool)

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying the spec relies too much on short term abilities and/or cooldowns that literally have to be spammed when they drop off; which makes for a boring spec and a spec that in a heavy movement fight can easily lose its momentum/rotation/priority.

Also, I'm not whining, its called sharing my opinion on a change I thought up myself; if I am doing something wrong then I'd love for a mod to explain since I was under the impression this was a forum where people discussed World of Warcraft mainly and voiced their opinions on it.

i think its a cool idea imo