Help with DPS, gear optimization, Rawr, etc.

Lately, I've been feeling as though I'm not doing as much single-target DPS as I probably should be, so I figure this is the place to go to inquire about changes. I've read a lot of similar threads, all of which have been helpful, but there comes a time when specific guidance is needed. I put my character through the Rawr optimizer, and for some reason the "optimized" set they suggested was listed as doing less damage.

I feel comfortable with the rotation, and I think I've got it down pretty well. My guild is currently progressing through the latter end of normal modes, and on all non-Atramedes (I'm on gong duty)/non-AoE fights, I tend to pull anywhere from 10-14k. It's usually on the lower end of that range, though. Rawr has me pegged to pull 17k+. I'm sure that presupposes perfect circumstances and whatnot, but still.

My rotation is pretty general: Scorch, LB, Flame Orb (which I also keep on cd), and then just Fireball until something needs to be refreshed or I get a Hotstreak proc. If a pyro DoT is already on the target, sometimes I wait a few seconds and let it tick a few times before I use the proc. I have CombustionHelper and I only use Combustion when I have everything up and I notice big Fireball/Pyro crits. I use Mirror Images on CD, as well, though I always save it on fights that have burn phases and things like that so I can capitalize on Time Warp/Heroism if time won't permit me to have it off cooldown by then. I'm likely forgetting to include something obvious, but the game is offline and I can't look at my action bars.

Am I doing something wrong?

Here's a link to my armory: us[dot]battle[dot]net/wow/en/character/skullcrusher/glalie/simple

I should be sitting like 30 hit rating away from the cap. I'm not sure why the armory is suggesting differently. My trinkets aren't the greatest, but the hit on them has been great. I have Anhurr's Hymnal, which I suppose I should switch to in favor of one of them. I've been vying for the Bell off of Atramedes, and I'm working on getting Darkmoon Card: Volcano. I've also got a few pieces of PvP gear that I haven't been able to replace, yet. I have enough Valors currently to buy the Haunt of Flies and Band of Secret Names and I've been thinking of doing so. I could trade one of my rings out for the Band of Rays, as well. I was thinking of getting another tier piece, though all one would do is fulfill the two-set bonus. It wouldn't be much of an upgrade, otherwise. The pants would give me a large amount of Haste, however.

Any advice/ideas are greatly appreciated,

Glalie
    Last edited by Glalie; 2011-03-01 at 03:30 PM.

As you said... new trinkets.

DM:V and Stump of Time are going to be huge dps increases for you.

Dreamless Belt and tier leggings are going to be huge for you, much needed hit so you can start reforging and chanting for haste or crit depending on stat weights.

If Combustion isn't on CD, don't cast flame orb, it's horrible for munching your ignite stack, if you have a destro lock in your raid, stop casting scorch. Don't wait on your hot streaks, if you aren't using them as they proc you have the potential of wasting them. Swap to LB glyph on fights with adds that you are spreading to, dragon's breath glyph for fights where you are close to adds as well. Personally I dislike cauterize, it's buggy and well yeah it just seems lazy. Just a quickie for you to mull over.

So, I should buy my tier pants, then?

I just got the ring from Conclave, so I'm not really in dire need of the Band of Secret Names. I could still get that and the cloak, though.

I do have Flame Pillar Leggings, after all.

Tier legs are bis.

Band of Secret Names and the Cloak are, as well, though

The Flame Pillar Leggings also have more hit rating.

Nef's cloak, BoE world drop ring and hit/crit ring form 4 winds are bis. Might be different with the modeling of ignite munching now, haven't checked for myself.

Cool thing about bis, there will almost always be a better piece of gear for each slot, even if just one stat (hit on flame pillar), bis is for the entire set, everything works with each other to perform to it's fullest. Basically you can't look at one piece of loot and say it's better than something else without pluging everything in every slot possible.