Poll: Do other mages need help with this?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I think is OK now, mages are cloth users, so we have to cope witj that anyways :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aurakene View Post
    I think is OK now, mages are cloth users, so we have to cope witj that anyways :P
    So are priests, yet they get shields* (that are actually decent) and self heals. Nobody gets hit by physical attacks unless there's a gimmick, so what is your point regarding cloth? That they should have less defenses against "random fireball that hurts random raid members"?

Maybe you're not within range of some AoE heals.

I would recommend 3 healing this encounter if you or anyone else is randomly dying before 20%. No one should die before then. We run with 3 healer's and it make's the healing so much easier. P2 is also no problem. Anyways, on to your problem... I'm pretty sure from the sounds of it you are dying to massacre, and/or the Caustic Slime during Feud. Before his last Massacre, before Feud typically, he will hit 2 people with Caustic Slime and then instantly follow up with a Massacre. Your healers have maybe 3-4 seconds to react and get those 2 targets above 10k HP. I'm assuming, this is what they are not doing properly and is leading to your random deaths.
    Last edited by Xidion1284; 2011-03-02 at 04:12 PM.

glad to hear you were able to down it, sounds like you had a very good time of it too, getting the ach and all. we had to pug a healer last night in our group and ended up calling it for the night on chimaeron since we kept losing ppl and it's been a farm boss for our group for awhile now :[. hopefully our normal healer is able to join us tonight when we head back, we're hoping to have a lot of time this week to put in nef attempts...

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonia View Post
    You might also want to pop your mirror images during the 1st feud. I do not have data to support mirror image dmg mitigation, but i sure seem to take much less dmg when the images are up. If anyone can confirm that my be useful. Use em on the 1st feud so they will be up again for the burn phase (>20%).

During the burn phase, wait till you get targeted, pop images, be ready to ice block when last image dies, use invisibility immediately after iceblock...you should be one of the the last dps standing!
    Yes you take reduced damage with Mirror Images out, if the slime would normally hits you then instead it will hit a mirror image and you will just take the splash damage which is much less. Of course they do nothing against Massacre.

Our healers do not have much trouble getting everyone above 10k anymore.

There are quite a few ways you can save yourself (most of them reusable during the fight).

1. Bandages, if your HoT stops ticking at ~8-9.5k and you know you are going to die then one tick of bandage will save you.
    2. A Mythic Healing pot as a last resort, you will certainly do more DPS alive than you would have dead. Of course Volcanic Pots are better
    3. Evocate, one tick heals for more than 10k.